Pages:
Author

Topic: ICOs are a legit or Scam? - page 22. (Read 32174 times)

Activity: 77
Merit: 0
August 05, 2018, 12:14:01 PM
ICO's are LEGIT. BUT there are some evil people who would like to raise money by putting up fake ICO. Unfortunately a lot still fall for it. too bad.

It's a good thing Menlo.one, an ICO marketplace is launching soon to help investors filter good projects faster and actually be able to invest with less fear of being scammed. I've read their white paper on https://www.menlo.one/ and did some checking on the team working behind this project and they seem legit without any links to previous scam projects..
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
August 05, 2018, 12:11:20 PM
Hi Guys,

Im pretty keen to understand more about ICOs and intend to invest in some.
ANY recommended ICOs and any advise how you guys determine whether is it a legit or Scam?

Thanks in advance.
it will still depend on the ICO, because many ICOs are already introduced these days but many of them are scam
Activity: 37
August 05, 2018, 11:48:54 AM
Most companies or even just a group of people use this ICO to put their ideas to investors' sponsors (hoping that their platform will succeed in the future but most of them We do not know if they are doing it or not so it is a risky investment, but you see that there are very successful ICOs such as NEO.many ICO scam but not all
Activity: 34
August 05, 2018, 11:47:17 AM
I usually check their ad flow, entire team, and technical document. The fake identity on their team is a sign that the ico will become a Scam in the end, so choose wisely before investing your coins in the ICO. Also check if the developer is not responding to the question of others in their thread and also checks for updates
Activity: 64
August 05, 2018, 11:44:27 AM
every original idea has the possibility of fraud or illegal entities. Some ICO do have a good Outlook and a reliable road map. Others on the counter may be clearly denoted as cheating. You only need to do your own digging and invest what you can afford to lose.
copper member
Activity: 98
August 05, 2018, 11:42:29 AM
The only way to avoid scams is to carefully do your research, and there are no shortcuts. But there are equally very good and solid ICOs as well that can be very profitable. Look into new altcoin and token projects, and study them carefully, because the upside potential in good ones is much greater than in the established ones. Upside multiples can be a totally different game. You just need to do your research carefully and don't trust ICO listing sites etc. because ratings can be bought. Careful research is very important to avoid scams and other low quality projects - don't trust anyone but your own research!

I have been recently following Stellar that is generally on the rise and the tokens issued on the Stellar platform - now there is a bump like in any cryptocurrency over the past few days, but generally Stellar is on the rise because of the prospective Coinbase listing and other advances. This will also boost tokens issued on the Stellar platform...

My most recent find among alts is AXU, "Argentas Exchange Unit" token issued on the Stellar platform and listed and verified on the Stellarport decentralized exchange, now only at its pre-distribution, or pre-ICO phase. A true hidden diamond, with low profile so far. Experienced people clearly, and cool tech for decentralizing and revolutionizing global banking - their website at argentas.io.

The pre-ICO price is 50% cheaper than the ICO price, a sure winner IMO, and I will certainly get some. They also have an ANN thread, I think here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xxx-4431900. I dug really deep in their content, and it is really cool stuff Grin But don’t forget your own research!
Activity: 275
August 05, 2018, 11:40:20 AM
I agree that we really need to be careful because criminals are everywhere in ICO's deception, some of which are legal and difficult to determine, because we are really easy to accept crimes like Internet fraud. I think we need more experience in understanding how fraudsters are understood to avoid becoming victims and buying people who really think about themselves.
Activity: 420
August 05, 2018, 11:37:58 AM
To be honest it depends, because there’s a lot of ICO that trusted to the public because they are the legit one but sad to day there’s always scammers in this field of business and industry.
Activity: 632
August 05, 2018, 11:03:24 AM
ICO's are LEGIT. BUT there are some evil people who would like to raise money by putting up fake ICO. Unfortunately a lot still fall for it. too bad.
Activity: 43
Merit: 2
August 05, 2018, 11:01:20 AM
It's 2018 where all most every ICO are scam. I have not any ICO which i can recommended but i suggest you before joining any ICO you should check out about their Project theme,team,whitepaper which can help you to know about that ICO.
Activity: 24
August 05, 2018, 12:08:34 AM
ICO fraudulent or legitimate. It depends on the views and policies of each country. If it is recognized in a particular country, good ICO projects bring benefits to the public and investors, it is a legitimate ICO. In contrast to the team DEV set up ICO for the purpose of taking the money and investors disappear then the ICO scam
Activity: 210
August 05, 2018, 12:02:36 AM
Mostly of the ICO are created due to collect money, but as a investor you need to be sure that your money that you invested is safe and gain profit, we always sure and study there project if it is not scam.
Activity: 14
August 04, 2018, 10:37:21 PM
There are a lot of scams around. It's hard to  distinguish though but possible if you do more research. Always look for ICO with proven records and an experienced team. Never fall for incredible offers!
Activity: 338
Merit: 1
The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol
August 04, 2018, 02:16:20 PM
There are a lot of scam Ico  and there are so much legit Ico for one just have to make some good research before buying any Ico
Activity: 239
Merit: 101
August 04, 2018, 01:58:44 PM
I think that to get more profit you have to learn the trading basics and to develop a certain winning strategy. I think that it is possible to earn a living if trading every day or holding btc for the long-term
Activity: 238
August 04, 2018, 01:29:22 PM
Most of the coins in the market are same and if they are not scams then the there concept is not ready to be accepted in the market or either they run short on investments either of these possibilities exist but mostly they are scams so beware of that
Activity: 146
August 04, 2018, 11:49:05 AM
There are ICOs that benefit there are also ICOs that are scam. What I found was an average ICO scam, so be careful when choosing an ICO. Check and research to detail about their information.
Activity: 263
Merit: 102
August 04, 2018, 11:43:58 AM
Hi Guys,

Im pretty keen to understand more about ICOs and intend to invest in some.
ANY recommended ICOs and any advise how you guys determine whether is it a legit or Scam?

Thanks in advance.

We can't determine or know in advance whether an ICO is a scam or not. Even if we are really careful in choosing which ICO to invest, you'll still be able to be scammed. Just like airdrops, ICOs nowadays are very powerful and almost all ICOs are a scam so that's irritating.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
August 04, 2018, 11:39:58 AM
now a days we cant sure about ico's if it scam or not.. because its hard to determine how legitimate the project are. so, i think much better to interact those team members in personally or a live streaming presentation, and also they joining events introducing their platform to the community.

Some are legit and most aren't good enough and can end with scam. Investors need to be very carefull when they want to invest on ico. Make own researches to avoid the bad things to happen with our money.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
August 04, 2018, 11:38:22 AM
Sure that there are scams but there are also good ICOs keeping their word and providing you with a great opportunity to get profit without taking a lot of efforts. I think that you should check reviews of people who have taken part in ICO to make sure that it is the reliable one
indeed we have to choose the right ico, if not then your struggle is futile,
investing in ico that doesn't have a standard will definitely be very risky, so be careful
Pages:
Jump to: