Pages:
Author

Topic: ICOs are a legit or Scam? - page 4. (Read 32174 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 250
Your Data Belongs To You
January 30, 2019, 05:20:40 AM
first of all you need to watch what about this project. if it raise money for boots for cats than it is possibly scam.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
January 30, 2019, 05:15:09 AM
Yes, it is true that at this time there are so many projects that fail not to reach Softcap and after that they run away with money from Investors. but if we search continuously on the ICO the website will definitely find a project that is honest and successful Softcap, so the point is we must be good at finding good projects.
Activity: 616
Merit: 18
📱CARTESI 📱INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS
January 30, 2019, 04:44:20 AM
Hi Guys,

Im pretty keen to understand more about ICOs and intend to invest in some.
ANY recommended ICOs and any advise how you guys determine whether is it a legit or Scam?

Thanks in advance.
Investing in ICOs this days are not recommendable anymore as most of them turns out to be scam or dead project. But there are still projects exist that have a huge potential. So the best thing to know if the ICO is legit, always check their team. If they are respective personalities and no past crimes for fraud or scams projects.
copper member
Activity: 370
Merit: 1
January 30, 2019, 04:39:32 AM
for me ICO is now a lot of fraud, now I will never take ICO or participate. I determined the ICO was successful seen from the sold-out sales tokens. minimum softcap. if ICO fraud is usually the website cannot be accessed.
Activity: 387
January 30, 2019, 03:47:56 AM
The ICO project is legit, but there are several ICO projects that are scam. And to determine which ones are legit and also scam is very difficult. Many fraudsters are willing to pay dearly to design the web, make a whitepaper, pay a translator, to get more money from the ICO. That is why it is very difficult to determine which ICO is scam or legit.
Activity: 24
January 30, 2019, 03:38:07 AM
Hi Guys,

ANY recommended ICOs and any advise how you guys determine whether is it a legit or Scam?

Thanks in advance.
In my own opinion most ICOs that started towards the end of last year were scam.
But here are the things you have to look out for to know if the ICOs are legit or scam.
1. Check the viability of the project. That is, how feasible is the project(Is the project achievable or not)
2. Check the project team as a whole. Look out for their advisors, team lead etc.
3. Read through their whitepaper to see their roadmap and how they will execute the project. Thanks
copper member
Activity: 294
January 30, 2019, 03:27:45 AM
Some of them are legit and some of them are scam but i think 10% ONLY of ICO has a working project and some of them didn't even made in the exchange , Its better to check their background make sure they have a realistic  concept and always LOOK DEEPER Wink
Activity: 756
Merit: 14
January 30, 2019, 03:21:33 AM
The truth about ICO is only few of them are legit and many are scams and the rest are just stupid projects with absolute nothing backing it up ,ICO is now the most useful tool for scammers and its left for every investors to be extremely careful when choosing one ,don't get carried away by website designs and show off by teams ,they might not be real ,do research on the teams first
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash
January 30, 2019, 03:11:31 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.
To you, I think no one will definitely say what a scam is and what not. There is always a risk, and now it is even more so, many successful projects have postponed the development and issuance of payments. So here it is worth choosing the best on ratings and in fight.
Activity: 186
Merit: 12
January 30, 2019, 03:09:15 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.

Before investing in an ICO make sure you do a lot of research to that project. Find reviews. Also check their Whitepapre, Roadmap, Team, Community and the project of that ICO if have a potential in the future.
Activity: 574
January 30, 2019, 02:55:10 AM
Investments that can still benefit are investments in the ICO. Of course every ICO has its own interests. But the investment in ICO is certainly very good and profitable where we can get a large bonus from the ICO investment.
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
January 29, 2019, 04:14:10 PM
for now most ICO scams. my advice you don't need to join ICO. if you want to know that the ICO scam is a fake team, there is no ANN, there is a minimal whitepaper and also an inactive telegram group.

There are a lot of talks about ICOs as about scam things. I don't think that this is right position. There is statistics that says no more 10% of all ICO projects are profitable. Keep that fact in mind when you are going to participate in ICO.
Activity: 728
January 27, 2019, 07:16:17 PM
for now most ICO scams. my advice you don't need to join ICO. if you want to know that the ICO scam is a fake team, there is no ANN, there is a minimal whitepaper and also an inactive telegram group.
Activity: 462
Merit: 13
January 27, 2019, 07:00:50 PM
How you detect it been legit or scam all depends on you, thus how thorough you research is on the project you are joining. Make sure you know every single details in order to be able to draw the line. Check whitepaper, road map and team behind the project.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 281
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
January 27, 2019, 06:43:27 PM
I will not be hasty to jumping into conclusions that ICOs are scams as most of the ICOs I have seen and invested in actually have implemented their projects in accordance with their timeline and road map. That does not in any way leave out the option of the possibility of having projects that may not have existed with this same conformity.
It is true that ICO cannot be said to be a scam because they really give us the tokens we buy on ICO purchases, but what has happened recently is that the ICO has not continued the development of the projects they built and do not care about investors because they only want ICO sales without want to take care of where their community will be taken.
Activity: 364
January 27, 2019, 06:07:16 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.

I will not be hasty to jumping into conclusions that ICOs are scams as most of the ICOs I have seen and invested in actually have implemented their projects in accordance with their timeline and road map. That does not in any way leave out the option of the possibility of having projects that may not have existed with this same conformity.
Activity: 784
Merit: 6
January 27, 2019, 05:59:51 PM
There is no form of investment without its risk. You just need  to learn how to reduce that level of risk. How you now do that is what is of concern.
ICOs are good, but since scammers have proliferated into the system, one has to do much in the place of research.
ICO is a good avenue for making money and some after making the money, they do not care about what happens on exchange.
Despite that, some still rise tremendously on exchange, which means there are still legit ones.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 500
MOBU
January 27, 2019, 05:13:20 PM
Legit? What does it mean legal, now many legislations oblige developers to be responsible for their projects, I like it. But a lot of projects are created with the aim of deceiving people, so it is necessary that they be legal.
Activity: 629
Merit: 108
January 27, 2019, 12:28:50 PM
The presentation of ICO are very professional. Beginning from the website, white paper, road map, social media. So it is difficult whether the ICO is legit or scam. It requires always a lot of research. Better to buy the altcoin after exchange listing.
Activity: 230
January 27, 2019, 12:21:39 PM
I use Icodrop website as a scam detector, normally when that website gives some project a high or very high rank, it means it has something interesting in it, I think that website is very good in its job and so far has detected very good projects.
Pages:
Jump to: