Pages:
Author

Topic: ICOs are a legit or Scam? - page 81. (Read 32174 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 100
September 26, 2017, 01:15:15 AM
There are some legit one that have good team and idea but there are some that smell like scam. Basically every investment has risk and you should research the team background to avoid scam ico.
legendary
Activity: 988
Merit: 1000
September 26, 2017, 01:07:18 AM
many bad ICOs these days. hard to find good ones. got to do a lot of research and reading
Yes there are many ICO coming every day and it's pretty hard to figure out which one is legit and which one is a scam, so what I do is that I wait for the last few days of the bonus period and whichever ICO gets major funding I also invest my money in it and I haven't got scammed till today also.
Activity: 756
Merit: 133
- hello doctor who box
September 26, 2017, 12:56:59 AM
Hi Guys,

Im pretty keen to understand more about ICOs and intend to invest in some.
ANY recommended ICOs and any advise how you guys determine whether is it a legit or Scam?
Some of them are designed for something *payments to books,gaming and other stuffs on the internet. But, other ICO's are scam they'll say this and that are designed for this but in the end there will be no update nor what's the real pourpose of the coin
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
September 26, 2017, 12:47:38 AM
Hi Guys,

ANY recommended ICOs and any advise how you guys determine whether is it a legit or Scam?

Thanks in advance.

As of now, i didn't experience any scam ICO that i have joined.  If you know some trusted manager that you know legit, you can join to his/her campaign to asure that it is legit.
Activity: 887
Merit: 516
Bitcoin OG
September 26, 2017, 12:25:20 AM

There are bad ICOs and there are very legitimate ICOs. Unfortunately there's magic eight ball that tells anyone which one is which but if you devote some time to read about the whitepaper and the development team and able to grasp how real the technology is you can get a better idea of what ICOs to be part of.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
September 26, 2017, 12:30:37 AM
many bad ICOs these days. hard to find good ones. got to do a lot of research and reading
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006
September 26, 2017, 12:21:38 AM
There are many things which you have to consider in analysis ICO before investing in them.

- Team behind the project
- How strong is their whitepaper.
- How much they are looking as minimum and does it justifies what they are trying to make
- If they are not using escrows in between than its best to not invest in them.
- Where those projects are based, if they are from countries where there is no any clear rule about ICO and Cryptocurrencies than its better to stay away
- How many people are team and how good they are on answering question asked through their social accounts or in ANN thread.

Don't invest more than you can afford to loss...
Activity: 1106
Merit: 637
September 26, 2017, 12:12:05 AM
I won't go as far to say that ICOs are scams (although some likely are), but that they aren't worth nearly as much as their hype would suggest.

Have you read in the news people saying that "Bitcoin is a bubble"? It's really the ICO hype that's the bubble. There's no reason for so many to exist, there literally isn't enough demand to support them all. Yet people create them with hope of creating something a fraction as valuable to bitcoin. And people (potentially like you) are intrigued and attracted to them because they missed out on the earliest years of Bitcoin and want to get in on "the next big thing" in its earliest days.

The only way that an ICO is legit and worthy of investment is if it offers something new and better than Bitcoin. It's very rare and difficult to do that. Particularly because there are already 10 or so alternatives to Bitcoin, which offer more anonymity, or some other tangible feature that's different from Bitcoin.

That's it!
Activity: 546
Merit: 105
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
September 25, 2017, 11:39:59 PM
We can't really tell an ICO if it is a scam or not until it is in the market with high rate. Some ICO's are really scam from the start, others just became a scam because they just failed to raise their goal amount, but there are others that really made investors rich. Investing in a successful ICO is like hitting a jackpot, you could earn 10x more than you invested with it, but still the risk it comes with is worth contemplating.
Activity: 952
Merit: 104
September 25, 2017, 10:04:31 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.

many more ICO are legal, you to no the reputation of the dev's like campaign manager yahoo all ICO under his manage are all legit and successfull legally not scam, try this read and study and invest to new ICO handle and manage of yahoo as campaign manager hacken and i'm sure you can get good profit.
Ucy
Activity: 2632
Merit: 403
Bisq is a Bitcoin Fiat Dex. Use responsibly
September 25, 2017, 10:00:52 PM
There are scams and there are legit ones.
Easiest way to know which is scam or which is not is to first of all read and understand what they are offering, find out if their business models have real solutions to real world problem and how economically SUSTAINABLE are the business models..
This is just my own way analysing ICOs. You could learn better ways from experience people on this forum.

Your topic should be in Altcoin section by the way.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
September 25, 2017, 09:55:04 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.

99% of ICOs are designed for one purpose only - and that is to enrich the creator(s). In other words, yes, most of them are scams.

However, there are plenty of legit ICOs out there too. You just need to be very careful about which ones you choose to invest in. Do a lot of research in terms of the development team, whitepaper, road-map, etc. to gauge how successful you think it will be and then decide.

thanks for the advise.. i did look thru the white paper and etc.. is really hard to determine is it a legit one anot. haha.
Do you have any ICOs in mind that you think are legit and "scam". i can treat it as reference to go thru as well..
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Transcodium - The Future of Transcoding
September 25, 2017, 09:38:51 PM
Like in everything, There are good and bad, some ICO's are good and very good, others bad, you just have to be careful where you invest your money
Activity: 658
Merit: 103
September 25, 2017, 09:37:21 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.
They say that many of the ICO are scam so I can consider that it is risky to invest our money to the ICO. I prefer to you that before you invest your money to the different ICO you must have a lot of knowledge.
Activity: 316
Merit: 110
September 25, 2017, 09:23:20 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.

99% of ICOs are designed for one purpose only - and that is to enrich the creator(s). In other words, yes, most of them are scams.

However, there are plenty of legit ICOs out there too. You just need to be very careful about which ones you choose to invest in. Do a lot of research in terms of the development team, whitepaper, road-map, etc. to gauge how successful you think it will be and then decide.

I guess from my observations, an ICO really is going to be great depending on how much the invested spent on advetising and the uniqueness of its platform. A lot now a days are appearing and it seems its hard to recognize whats scam or not. Keen obervations and reading really is a good style to figure it out.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003
September 25, 2017, 09:19:42 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.

Activity: 294
Merit: 10
September 25, 2017, 09:14:01 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.
Pages:
Jump to: