Pages:
Author

Topic: ICOs in 2018 not same as 2017. - page 22. (Read 6963 times)

Activity: 337
Merit: 102
October 19, 2018, 09:17:43 AM

I have found that all the ICOs i have invested in have launched at almost the ICO price but in a few days dipped below the ICO prices by half or 5X for some.

The drop in the price of tokens after the ICO is obvious, given that bounty hunters receive a bunch of tokens + many ICO make pre-sail with a discount of more than 50%
Activity: 700
Merit: 100
October 19, 2018, 09:17:00 AM
This is the correct observation. Not most, and all projects fall in price down. It seems to me that in the best case, tokens fall in price only 5 times, since there are cases and they are quite common when the value of tokens falls by 20 times.

I think that now, many of the ICOs will be controlled, and thus, only the most reliable and trusted projects will survive. Anyway this can bring to cryptous HUGE money! So not so bad.
sometimes ICO gives a surprise, we just wait for the results later. maybe now the market conditions that make the ICO fall but if the market goes up it is not impossible if the market goes up there will be an ICO that grows and will give a big profit so be patient again.
Activity: 714
Merit: 104
October 19, 2018, 08:54:04 AM
2018 year is not ICO year, espacially masternode coins.
2018 year is year of shorting on exchanges, and holding for next big hype
Activity: 518
October 19, 2018, 08:35:32 AM
This is the correct observation. Not most, and all projects fall in price down. It seems to me that in the best case, tokens fall in price only 5 times, since there are cases and they are quite common when the value of tokens falls by 20 times.

I think that now, many of the ICOs will be controlled, and thus, only the most reliable and trusted projects will survive. Anyway this can bring to cryptous HUGE money! So not so bad.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Look ARROUND!
October 13, 2018, 07:52:31 PM
This year was a very difficult year for ico investors. All icos failed and had problems with listing on the exchanges. Investors lost a lot of money. Also scam have seen many projects, so 2018 is terrible year for icos...
Investing in the coins during 2017 was not that worth it compared to 2018 because the amount of people wanting to buy coins grew in 2018. It should get much larger very soon.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
October 13, 2018, 04:51:48 PM
and it's normal that we see such a result because now the market is experiencing a fall and bears reign on it. do not fight soon we will again begin to actively grow in value and then we will be able to get that cherished income that everyone was waiting for
legendary
Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000
October 13, 2018, 04:47:24 PM
We had the exact same issue in 2017 as we did in 2018. Alnost every project has that happen as soon as a coin hits the exchange. One reason being all of the bounty holders are all selling the bounty payments. This causes the market to crash because most ICO's allocate 5-10% or the total supply for the bounty. If you figure 5 million of 100 million are being dumped this will have to cause a shift in the price. I just invest, stay up to date with the launch on exchange. I then sell and buy them cheaper and usually end up with 3 to 5 times as many coins! Just follow the whales!

In 2017 the ICO were too different, even though it was the same procedure and teh bounty has it own effect and was very effective but now in 2018 it isn't.
The bounty is not the same and people are very tired because of the high number of ICO and bounty campaigns because there are lots of scam and people have spread their money in many ICOs.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
October 13, 2018, 04:46:36 PM
I would say that you have sense. But this doesn't mean that I agree with everything. As for me, there are many scam icos now and it is better to trade on your own keeping coins
Activity: 380
October 13, 2018, 04:44:46 PM
This year was a very difficult year for ico investors. All icos failed and had problems with listing on the exchanges. Investors lost a lot of money. Also scam have seen many projects, so 2018 is terrible year for icos...
Activity: 546
EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution
October 13, 2018, 04:32:32 PM
People became more sceptic about all this ICOs and there is no such hype as it was a year ago
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1041
1GhxHtabWhEpdb7e7oEJ2vd542n33BwTHR
October 13, 2018, 04:29:35 PM
We had the exact same issue in 2017 as we did in 2018. Alnost every project has that happen as soon as a coin hits the exchange. One reason being all of the bounty holders are all selling the bounty payments. This causes the market to crash because most ICO's allocate 5-10% or the total supply for the bounty. If you figure 5 million of 100 million are being dumped this will have to cause a shift in the price. I just invest, stay up to date with the launch on exchange. I then sell and buy them cheaper and usually end up with 3 to 5 times as many coins! Just follow the whales!
Activity: 182
EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution
October 13, 2018, 04:25:29 PM
it is now on the market. while in the market bears to invest in startups are extremely risky as they can cost zero in a jiffy
Activity: 221
October 13, 2018, 02:46:28 PM
You are absolutely right, rules of this game has been changed and it is more beneficial to purchase projects after listing on exchanges.
Too much ICOs we have , so you have to find hidden gems and don't waste your time on shitty projects

Your right about it but it's good to investigate that kind of ICO that will you join because the more ICO we have know they are big chance in fake or scam ICO that you will join to them if you not investigate on the ICO you will join.
Activity: 336
October 13, 2018, 04:21:51 PM
Lots of people now realize some of the gimmick behind ico pump,  ico are not pumping in this 2018 unlike 2017 when it's so easy to have x10 or more as it use to be in 2017
Activity: 336
October 13, 2018, 04:18:05 PM
Activity: 221
October 13, 2018, 02:56:24 PM
You are absolutely right, rules of this game has been changed and it is more beneficial to purchase projects after listing on exchanges.
Too much ICOs we have , so you have to find hidden gems and don't waste your time on shitty projects

Your right about it but it's good to investigate that kind of ICO that will you join because the more ICO we have know they are big chance in fake or scam ICO that you will join to them if you not investigate on the ICO you will join.
Activity: 364
Merit: 11
October 13, 2018, 03:39:42 PM
This is true. At the moment I see no reason to participate in the iso. Everything can be bought below the stated price after the payments.
Activity: 784
Merit: 135
DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization
October 13, 2018, 03:17:24 PM
this is my own opinion but it may help others.

I have found that all the ICOs i have invested in have launched at almost the ICO price but in a few days dipped below the ICO prices by half or 5X for some.

With this i have discovered its better not to invest in an ICO but wait for the launch and the DIP to buy it at the corrected prices made by market forces.
Its just too hard to tell the real or recommended value of a token in an ICO these days.

Hope this helps to the new investors thinking of ICOs

yes, I agree and it's not just that Most ICOs of 2018 all turned out to be scams lol. It has become really difficult to determine whether the ICO project is legit. It has become very risky.
phm
Activity: 378
Merit: 110
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
October 13, 2018, 03:12:32 PM
Back in the day, the bounty hunters were less in portion with the current number. that's why the dumping goes on. Also, most of the people don't invest any coin after ICO because of this invisible risk that it may lose more value.
Maybe investors becomes more smart and don't want to give own money to real scammers? What was needed for success ICO in the 2017? Ian Balina/Drake/McAffee and other shilling and nothing more. But today such time is gone. And it's right. It's a time to think before investing
Activity: 392
DeepOnion, a new dream.
October 13, 2018, 02:58:46 PM
Back in the day, the bounty hunters were less in portion with the current number. that's why the dumping goes on. Also, most of the people don't invest any coin after ICO because of this invisible risk that it may lose more value.
Pages:
Jump to: