Pages:
Author

Topic: ICOs in 2018 not same as 2017. - page 24. (Read 6963 times)

Activity: 779
Merit: 250
September 15, 2018, 07:45:06 PM
this is my own opinion but it may help others.

I have found that all the ICOs i have invested in have launched at almost the ICO price but in a few days dipped below the ICO prices by half or 5X for some.

With this i have discovered its better not to invest in an ICO but wait for the launch and the DIP to buy it at the corrected prices made by market forces.
Its just too hard to tell the real or recommended value of a token in an ICO these days.

Hope this helps to the new investors thinking of ICOs

Yes, obviously it will not be the same because there are more investors this year so we can expect for the price to pump up so high more than last year's 19k dollar cap.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
September 15, 2018, 07:36:14 PM
Regarding decent websites for everyone searching for the duration of this decent investments are ICO Alert and veteran analogous trustable pages.
Activity: 46
September 15, 2018, 02:09:18 PM
Yes, this situation was started in late 2017.  And when everyone blames the bounty of companies for this, I do not understand this.  Bounty pool in companies is 2-5%.  Do you really think that bounty members can drop the course in several times?
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
September 15, 2018, 02:03:37 PM

I have found that all the ICOs i have invested in have launched at almost the ICO price but in a few days dipped below the ICO prices by half or 5X for some.

With this i have discovered its better not to invest in an ICO but wait for the launch and the DIP to buy it at the corrected prices made by market forces.
Its just too hard to tell the real or recommended value of a token in an ICO these days.

this is good and right advice, since it really helps to save your money and more reasonably invest Wink
Activity: 252
pantang menyerah
September 15, 2018, 01:53:41 PM
Yes, ICO in 2018 is very different from 2017, this year the ICO project which ended up being a scam was often and easily encountered, so that this year there were a lot of ico that were difficult to develop, due to the lost confidence of investors.
Activity: 292
September 15, 2018, 01:48:43 PM
yes you are right, because many ICOs in 2018 fail and do not achieve softcap, unlike the ICO in 2017 which is a lot of successful ICOs.
brand new
Activity: 0
September 13, 2018, 09:20:23 AM
Certainly not the same. This year, we collected twice as much investment .. read somewhere that for 5 months. The figures seriously contrast with the "bearish" trend, which prevails in the market of crypto-currency in recent months.
Activity: 221
September 13, 2018, 08:32:19 AM
You are absolutely right, rules of this game has been changed and it is more beneficial to purchase projects after listing on exchanges.
Too much ICOs we have , so you have to find hidden gems and don't waste your time on shitty projects

Your right about it but it's good to investigate that kind of ICO that will you join because the more ICO we have know they are big chance in fake or scam ICO that you will join to them if you not investigate on the ICO you will join.
Activity: 54
September 15, 2018, 01:32:17 PM
Obviously not, you can't expect them to be the same when the market went up fast last year and has dropped fast this year.
Activity: 139
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
September 15, 2018, 01:30:45 PM
Recently, it was not profitable to buy coins at the ico stage. But if everyone waits for the coin to leave for the stock exchange and then only to buy, then there will be nothing to buy. Projects that do not collect the right amount of funds at the stage of sale do not go to the stock exchanges at all.
Activity: 910
Merit: 255
September 15, 2018, 05:50:44 AM
yeah it is correct. crypto market in 2018 is not as good as it was in 2017. it is because of volumes and cap of the market. i think this market was not ready for such a huge growth yet. but i think next time it will achieve to stay in high levels.
Activity: 196
September 14, 2018, 05:13:18 PM
Well, just "valuable" advice for those whom for some reason you are called investors.) Investors are those who invested in the project during the ICO and not after its completion, when the tokens have already entered the exchange. If everyone will "invest" on your principle, the projects will not collect even soft cap and you simply have nothing to buy.
Activity: 728
September 14, 2018, 04:31:43 PM
In 2017, most projects were clearly speculative in nature. It was enough to add to the project name the word "blockchain" and immediately there were a lot of investors. Now people have become more circumspect, so the activity on the market has greatly decreased.
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution
September 13, 2018, 09:02:20 AM
Many people say that 2017 year was ICO year and this year is a bear year. Fewer people want to invest now because the price of new projects in most of the times goes down after ICO. But this is about time. Soon the market will recover and we will be ready to invest again
copper member
Activity: 378
September 13, 2018, 08:59:59 AM
It's more because people want return very quickly than usual but when that doesn't happen they started to dump the coin quickly. Moreover  you should have  study the project before investing and try to know about credibility of promoter and then invest
Activity: 462
September 13, 2018, 08:41:11 AM
In 2018 there wasn't a lot of ICOs with multiple growth. I regret knowing about ICOs too late.
I hope on up trend situation will change to the better, but now it is quite depressive to invest in ICO
Activity: 182
September 08, 2018, 06:22:01 AM

I agree that most of the ICOs today is different from 2017 because the ICO price from today is aut omatically drops after it is being listed in an exchange market.
Activity: 434
Merit: 102
September 08, 2018, 05:43:45 AM
most coin ico falls below price. it is true..   but some coins make x3 x5.. so it is necessary to investigate well. you also see the situation of the market, all the coins are falling.

Indeed this factor is what makes all investors afraid to invest in ICO, all cryptocurrency prices fall and Bitcoin is also the price.
So, it is true that ICo in 2017 is very different from ICO in 2018.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
September 03, 2018, 07:35:40 PM
The quality of projects has really changed, but this is due to the fact that the quality of customers has changed.
Previously, there were only smart programmers and enthusiasts, now a more motley audience.
Activity: 89
September 03, 2018, 11:52:33 AM
ICOs in 2017 were exceptionally smooth when diverged from 2018, most likely, that is the point. This is a consequence of the managerial controls on ICOs delivered results this year, 2018, and this caused an extensive proportion of free for all in the system. Some portion of theorists back off - the reason behind the bear promote early this year. In any case, most ICOs are grasping to the system and getting their grounds again.
Pages:
Jump to: