Pages:
Author

Topic: ICOs should only create Tokens with Working Products or Services - page 6. (Read 2134 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0
Well it's a pity that many people in the crypto space are only there for the money they can make from the space, most people don't really care about the tech, whether it has a working product or not. they are in for the money and not the tech.
That's just the simple truth, most people don't really care about the product, they don't care if they have working product or not, they most care is the price, and i think the moment people starts to care about the working product, the better for cryptos, the better some of fake coins will go away and real coins will stay.
Activity: 140
Well it's a pity that many people in the crypto space are only there for the money they can make from the space, most people don't really care about the tech, whether it has a working product or not. they are in for the money and not the tech.
Activity: 340
Merit: 100
Yes, that's right, because with products that work and run smoothly will make people continue to use tokens from these products and the price in the market can continue to increase, so the token not only hopes for traders to be more expensive, but also to their users.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 275
This is actually true. Most people only create this tokens because of trading it. Not all really have value.
yEAH, leave the token with no real products. theu just pump and dump coin. Too many scamers whp profit from ICO. Most ICo extended cause too many shitcoin relaise. I think exchangers should delist low volume coins and ban no working products ICO or new coins.

It is still hard to control the creation of tokens as it is relatively easy to create one. No one is a central entity that can manipulate such tokens. One thing a user can do is do his own due diligence. Study the project first, check its background, its legitimacy and its feasibility to launch a real working product, how strong the project in terms of community support and many others. Don't jump the hype without even browsing their website.
Activity: 202
currently, the more new coins appear together with ico. with many of these new coins we have to be more careful to pick them up. Good coins will have good prospects in the future. and I think to put a coin that is not good is not easy.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
This is actually true. Most people only create this tokens because of trading it. Not all really have value.
yEAH, leave the token with no real products. theu just pump and dump coin. Too many scamers whp profit from ICO. Most ICo extended cause too many shitcoin relaise. I think exchangers should delist low volume coins and ban no working products ICO or new coins.
Activity: 42
Better than just creating tokens with working products, they should create tokens that have people who have agreed to use them for their intended purposes. Buying a token because it has a working product is still just speculation if you don't plan to use that token to get that product.

You also have defined what a "working product" is. It is a beta version? It is phone App? It is a non-blockchain tool? Does it have to be on the blockchain?

In my opinion the biggest flaw in ICO buying is that people don't pay attention to the team. They buy the shine. The idea. Good ideas still fail through poor execution. Happens all the time. And THAT explains what is wrong with many ICOs. Buy the team, not the shine.
This is quite true. People shouldn't just buy a token without having the plan to further make use of it for the purpose. Some just buy in order to resell at a higher price.
Activity: 143
I think that not easy to get a new token that has good prospects. at least, we can start it by looking for it through the good ico. and to get a good ico is a difficult thing because we have to really know about it. we also have to be more careful in order to avoid the scam ico.
Activity: 616
Merit: 11
The crypto market is mostly about speculation and when a new ICO is released investors are tempted to get those crazy returns you might get if the project succeeds. It is preferable to invest in a project with a working product, but if you invest is a riskier project then the returns can be bigger - just like the losses
Activity: 294
Sounds good and I agree with your opinion. Most of the Ico’s are scam. Many of them have no functional projects and it’s the risk for investors if the project unable to work further.
Activity: 155
Merit: 15
Better than just creating tokens with working products, they should create tokens that have people who have agreed to use them for their intended purposes. Buying a token because it has a working product is still just speculation if you don't plan to use that token to get that product.

You also have defined what a "working product" is. It is a beta version? It is phone App? It is a non-blockchain tool? Does it have to be on the blockchain?

In my opinion the biggest flaw in ICO buying is that people don't pay attention to the team. They buy the shine. The idea. Good ideas still fail through poor execution. Happens all the time. And THAT explains what is wrong with many ICOs. Buy the team, not the shine.
Activity: 294
Merit: 103
That wouldn't be bad actually, it would certainly limit the number of fake ICOs created without any product/MVP and without a plan to create one in the future. Only fake promises and big words.
Activity: 70
there are many people who do not want to make new projects. because people's money is not safe, so some of them are scam. but I support it. because it is a condition for development.
Activity: 322
You are correct. It seems day by day worthless project’s number is increasing with great extend. Many of them ultimately turn out to be a scam. So very few actually come up with good approach.
Activity: 58
Exactly! You just spoke my mind. I could not agree more.. It is very essential for tokens to be created with value or good purpose rather just with the intention of trading.
Activity: 257
I think only ICOs with real products should exist. Because some ICOs only build with the preplan and do the crowdfunding. Often investors fall into loss projects as the projects cannot fulfill the projects.
Activity: 56
If we analyze the present market situation we will see most of the projects are worthless from my point of view. They are just alluring people with attractive whitepaper but no real products.
Activity: 54
Yeah i am agreed with you. Most of the ICO projects don't have the product. They just only make the plan or vision and starts the ICO. Many ICO projects fail to make the product real.
Activity: 462
Merit: 103
I completely agree. How can people believe in crypto currency if in most cases this very currency does not represent anything and is an emptiness, a soap bubble.
But if the companies conducting ICO could present a really working and useful project, I'm sure the attitude to the crypto currency would have changed for the better.
Activity: 39
This isn't a simple issue to understand in light of the fact that ICO essentially implies crowdfunding for arbitrary individuals. These designers have a minimal motivator to proceed with the undertaking once they got their cash. Most tokens sink directly after they hit a trade and you can't sue them legitimately on the off chance that they gain little ground in the venture, so little that you inevitably abandon the task.
Pages:
Jump to: