Pages:
Author

Topic: IEO's has cause more harm done good - page 4. (Read 872 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 2
July 25, 2019, 09:03:27 AM
Every rational investor must investigate each project carefully before investing. Whether, they are doing IEO or ICO. I have seen IEO projects that failed likewise ICO projects. In the same vain, i have seen IEO and ICO project that succeeded. The bottom-line is do your appraisal right.
copper member
Activity: 370
Merit: 1
July 25, 2019, 08:14:02 AM
I don't agree with your statement, for me IEO is quite realistic and security is maintained. there is no element of harming or damaging the credibility of any bank.
Activity: 687
Merit: 301
July 25, 2019, 08:09:38 AM
Actually I much more prefer to have my KYC done at an exchange than some random project. Who might sell my information. Sure some exchanges can't be trusted. But if you are already using the exchange in the first place than it's much more convenient to participate in the IEO.

First rule of crypto is to not invest more than you can afford to lose.
Second rule of crypto is to do your own research.
3rd rule Huh

4th PrOFitS
Activity: 858
Merit: 13
Christ The King
July 25, 2019, 06:26:12 AM
Well IEO has caused more harm to investors who think every exchanges are to be trusted without looking at the reputation of the exchange and the team behind the IEO project. well some IEO are doing very well. But never patronize  a shitty fake volume exchanges.
Activity: 504
Merit: 10
July 25, 2019, 04:58:42 AM
I agree that some exchanges don't conduct a thorough study of projects before IEO. Therefore, users themselves should study - project site, whitepaper and development team.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 263
July 25, 2019, 04:41:38 AM
I don't want to debate the IEO issue, it's true that most crypto lovers believe in the IEO program created by crypto projects, but they also analyze it first before believing it, because not all IEOs are good and the IEO also doesn't guarantee complete success.

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
July 25, 2019, 03:21:53 AM
It's almost impossible to determine how much harm IEO did to their buyers, but compared to ICO, IEO provide another layer of security which is probably better.

ICOs are really easy to do and the downside is a lot of scammer use that to scam a lot of people and then disappear after that. IEO, on the other hand, will also affect the image of the exchange so not every project would be able to do it. Eventually, a good project will do their IEO on a good exchange (though it's relative) and those scammy IEO will also run their IEO on a scammy and poor exchange, so most of the time, it's easier to distinguish good project and bad project.

However, that's a bit sad because it means you need to depend on a 3rd party to decide where your investment should go instead of using your own brain (not everyone of course).
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
July 25, 2019, 02:34:47 AM
I do not agree with your point of view because token projects are now deciding to list their tokens on one or multiple exchanges directly instead of setting up a “traditional” ICO and then hoping and praying investors will find them in the whirlwind of the marketplace. IEO built trust among the investors because in ICO there are lots of fake and scammy projects. https://tokensale.moozicore.com/
Activity: 2408
Merit: 516
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
July 25, 2019, 02:23:44 AM
Investors and exchanges are making good money from the IEO than the project teams envisaged, Now it is considered an entry market pump and dump system. However, some exchanges dont take enough time to do research in some projects but most early investors get out quickly than expected, bittrex almost fell victim of scam project with the first IEO, which shows anyone can be scammed in this space regardless. A street smart trader will think of making more bitcoin than thinking of the project, get-in get-out idea
Activity: 280
Merit: 11
July 25, 2019, 02:13:26 AM
I feel the issue of making research is left on the shoulder of individual and has nothing to do with IEO, we all must take responsibility for making necessary research about a project to know everything about it.
Activity: 812
Merit: 250
The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi
July 25, 2019, 02:10:52 AM
I kinda agree with you. Before I used to take DYOR very very seriously but ever since the IEO came I started acting a bit lazy. I don't do much research into any IEO which are hosted by exchange giants like Huobi and Binance.
Activity: 2772
Merit: 645
No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small
July 25, 2019, 02:09:10 AM
I don't think so, everyone is entitled on the risk regardless on what platform they are investing, because in general we are dealing with risk here.
Also, I don't see it's gonna happen that if an investors will risk a big amount like $100,000 they will just invest blindly because such IEO is in good exchange, maybe some are doing that but for sure those who risk a bigger money will do the due diligence.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
July 24, 2019, 09:56:01 PM
The IEO project is not always good, but IEO this is different from ICO, the IEO is guaranteed by a market, binance and latoken examples. And we do not need to worry about the funds invested will be lost and taken away. If you want to follow IEO better at the beginning of the launch, because IEO usually does not last long, if 1-2 weeks shows the price is good and stable, but more than that do not expect prices to rise high. Because I experienced this. I hope this helps.
Activity: 143
Merit: 4
July 25, 2019, 02:05:08 AM
It is totally wrong if you only trust on exchange i know exchanges is also a major part to look but we should do own research before investing in IEO.
currently, i have done my research over an IEO that is Moozicore and found this project is growing rapidly there idea and implementation is also good team has good experience. you can do your own research over this project.
https://tokensale.moozicore.com/  
Activity: 1
July 24, 2019, 09:35:02 PM
You are wrong,IEO hasn't done any harm than good and only those who blindly invest in IEO will get a negative result,yes many exchanges are misleading people but what about IEO projects from popular exchanges?
Activity: 138
July 24, 2019, 11:52:55 PM
Some top exchanges have been successful with the arrival of IEO and still some have fail, let's always look at the two sides, I will not invest in IEO o a website that uses bot and manipulates volume
Activity: 1764
Merit: 280
July 24, 2019, 11:10:42 PM
The arrival of IEO's has cause more harm done good in the sense that many do not seek to make their own research about projects that's are involve in IEO, everyone is made to believe the exchanges are in control and are bound to think the exchanges are in best position to know better and hence expect that the due deligence be done by them, but trust me most of this exchanges are rather soiling the space and aiding most of this projects to mislead investors....
Agreed or Disagree? Argue it out

I'd agree to you statements but I don't believe IEO is more harm than good.
IEO had made it easier for the ICO issuers to get to the investors while investors can now easily buy the tokens in an ICO.
Whether or not people research about the project is their individual choice. You can blame something good for stupid people.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 256
July 24, 2019, 10:47:41 PM
I will not agree with the OP. IEO appears to be much better and much safer than ICO. This is one fact we cannot deny. And so on this basis, I would say that IEO has caused more good than harm. If there are people who ended up losing in their IEO investments due to their laziness to investigate the credentials of the projects before investing, that is already beyond the IEO mode of gathering resources. The fault is not on IEO in general but on the part of the investors.
Activity: 280
Merit: 215
July 24, 2019, 10:23:41 PM
Why should anyone think that nothing can go wrong when an exchange is handling things. We need to give initial exchange something before crucifying it the ieo just barely kicked off.
We do know we have tons of exchanges out there some not even worth to run as an exchange but still does so know more about the exchange rating
Activity: 2044
Merit: 565
July 24, 2019, 09:18:31 PM
The arrival of IEO's has cause more harm done good in the sense that many do not seek to make their own research about projects that's are involve in IEO, everyone is made to believe the exchanges are in control and are bound to think the exchanges are in best position to know better and hence expect that the due deligence be done by them, but trust me most of this exchanges are rather soiling the space and aiding most of this projects to mislead investors....
Agreed or Disagree? Argue it out
I do not agree, an exchange will not only risk its big name for an IEO project, and I am sure every IEO project in an exchange is a project that has been investigated in advance, and investors will not only invest in an IEO project only because where the IEO is implemented, investors will also conduct research first before investing
Pages:
Jump to: