Pages:
Author

Topic: if anyone hacked your account then who is responsible??? - page 8. (Read 7679 times)

Activity: 62
Merit: 0
Hacking accounts is an unlucky thing. but also partially careless. You should monitor regularly and create many layers of security for your account.
Activity: 62
If my account is hacked then I think no one will be responsible. Be cautious and always take precautions Undecided
Activity: 109
Merit: 1
if I've created account/wallet on coinbase or any other exchange then my account is hacked and my coins/money lost who are responsible for it
The Exchange where I've created account Huh
is it my mistake Huh
what's you thought about it Huh

and how i make my account safe  Huh

Its a complicated question that needs two separate answers first if the account that was hacked was only your account, it means that you are neglected your account security meaning that was your fault, If the exchange was hacked and all of the users account was affected will that's obviously fall for the exchange negligence and they should refund it.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 251
if I've created account/wallet on coinbase or any other exchange then my account is hacked and my coins/money lost who are responsible for it
is it my mistake Huh

It depends to the situation if you enter a phishing site then its your fault even you not want it, but if the funds hack in exchange then the responsible is the exchange. That why we need to be careful in any we click especially links of sites that not familiar to us. It's better to ask or research before put your assets in any exchange or wallet. Because some hacker copying the links of legit site like wallets and exchange. Extra careful and be vigilant at all times, protect your privacy data like email and password.
Activity: 938
Merit: 251
I think this is your problem. You could not protect yourself, your given, your computer. You need to protect yourself by working on the Internet, especially now - when there is so much opportunity to steal your data.
His fault not use good security with their account exchange excatly with coinbase account, after hacking better never use your old account because later hacker want take back your account, why not create new account because very safety and get higher security to make account safety, always click correct link for your exchange website account.
Activity: 560
Merit: 106
I think this is your problem. You could not protect yourself, your given, your computer. You need to protect yourself by working on the Internet, especially now - when there is so much opportunity to steal your data.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 305
Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week
depend on what is the hacked reason. if you click phising link, then it is ur mistake
but if the exchange prentends to be hacked, then it is exchange's mistake
to safe your money is just believing in your own private key, dont give your money to exchange especially CEX
This is what I am thinking and probably OP was accidentally found the phishing site which is very common as of now. The population of the hacking victim was increased due to a lack of knowledge. Well, you are the only one who is responsible for your account and if it was being hacked then it's your call. You must need to have some research first before you invest and also you must only choose those trusted sites and especially don't share your password to anyone.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 256
What is yours is your responsibility to look after it. The problem that occurs is whether the coinbase is hacked or just your account?
If only your account is hacked, I think it's your own fault. There's no way someone hacked an account without knowing what the email was. It's certain that you accidentally clicked on a phishing website that contains a keylogger. So the hacker can find out your email and password. Therefore, strengthen your account with Google 2FA.
Better created new coinbase account with to recovery your old account hacked, what for take back your account after hacked because all your asset gone and now created new coinbase wallet then use authicator for your account, next time never click any link sending to your gmail account because can be way how to make your coinbase wallet hacked.
That's what I mean. We must be careful of obscure links that can lead us to phishing websites. No problem you have to create an account where, the important thing is you have to maintain your own account because it is your treasure. No one is responsible but ourselves. Strengthen the security of your account with anything, and of course your email must also be strengthened.
Activity: 1077
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
depend on what is the hacked reason. if you click phising link, then it is ur mistake
but if the exchange prentends to be hacked, then it is exchange's mistake
to safe your money is just believing in your own private key, dont give your money to exchange especially CEX
Activity: 1344
Merit: 379
is it my mistake Huh

If that happen maybe you should contact the support of the exchange.
Well sometimes the reason why your account also hacked its because some sites you open that have can be a phising site.
We must be careful sometimes or must better put in bookmark the site you always open.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 309
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
What is yours is your responsibility to look after it. The problem that occurs is whether the coinbase is hacked or just your account?
If only your account is hacked, I think it's your own fault. There's no way someone hacked an account without knowing what the email was. It's certain that you accidentally clicked on a phishing website that contains a keylogger. So the hacker can find out your email and password. Therefore, strengthen your account with Google 2FA.
Better created new coinbase account with to recovery your old account hacked, what for take back your account after hacked because all your asset gone and now created new coinbase wallet then use authicator for your account, next time never click any link sending to your gmail account because can be way how to make your coinbase wallet hacked.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 256
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
is it my mistake Huh

Most of the hacking incidents are happening due to the users' negligence. Although, sometimes cryptocurrency exchanges got hacked by the hackers themselves. But most of the account hacking is because the users are using less secure passwords and not using 2FA. sometimes is from the exchange side where the hackers will hack the exchange wallet itself.  

Activity: 443
Merit: 2
Theagriverse.io
Except an exchange is hacked, that is, a lot of user's info are stolen by a hacker, an individual whose account gets hacked is solely responsible because he or she must have given out his/her password either knowingly or unknowingly.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 318
Most people if they are victims of hackers, always directly blame others for what happened to him. Yet according to the survey
most accounts were hacked due to self-error not careful in maintaining his account. Like using a complicated password and also
need to enable 2 factor authentication. So if our account is hacked obviously we ourselves must be responsible, but if all accounts
in exchanges are hacked it is just a mistake exchanges.
Activity: 812
Merit: 262
is it my mistake Huh

We could blame ourselves or the hacker or the wallet itself, all we want. But the point is, we need to learn about incidents like this. We do need to experience it to learn it. We need to have initiative to protect ourselves from any form of hacking and similar fraudulent activities. The first step is not to be ignorant by continuously studying and research. If there's a promo or good deal, research more about it and compare notes with other people like in this forum. This to ensure that the promo is legit and not a way for the scammers and hackers gain something from you.
Activity: 756
Merit: 257
Freshdice.com
is it my mistake Huh

The accountability or who to blame depends on the nature of hacking. Most wallet platforms are difficult to crack the encryption. Most hacking happens in the form of phising. The user in this nature of hacking is often getting fooled easily by websites that requires you to sign up with password. If one uses the same password for everything, from emails to social media sites, the hackers can possibly access your online wallet too.
Activity: 672
Merit: 29
I think everyone is responsible for his own security. Always use 2 factor authentication, never use a password twice. Don't share personal information with strangers.
Have we ever thought about what happens if our laptop or phone get lost, whereby you've used 2 factor authentication as your password. Nobody but you is to be blamed if your account got hacked. That's why you should be mindful about the people you give your phone or computer to
Activity: 8
If you get hacked, you can't blame anyone. That is because you did not protect your account well, you will be responsible for it.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 261
It could be you or the exchanges. But it is often our fault that we lose our cryptocurrencies because of our carelessness and lack of security.

Exchanges provide strong protection to our wallets. So they always remind us to use them because they can't do anything if our cryptos are robbed of our disobedience to their laws.

So we have to follow it like Google Authentication, 2 Factor authentication, Strong password, mobile authentication and others can help us to prevent hackers from accessing our wallet.
Pages:
Jump to: