Pages:
Author

Topic: if anyone hacked your account then who is responsible??? - page 6. (Read 7643 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 253
You are responsible for anything that happens to your account, either through mistake or carelessness, i do the following and i am very strict with my things like laptops and phone

- I don't keep private keys on my phone, i use hardware wallet
- I don't share my main email with any airdrop websites, they are hackers in disguise
- I refuse to share my phone and laptop with friends because they can put spyware or keyloggers on my phone or laptops
The safety of our accounts is indeed our responsibility. No one else can be blamed for the compromise. If out of million accounts, only our ones get hacked, then obviously it happened due to no care. By following best practices, one can make it much hard for the frauds to take away useful information. Before performing any action, you must know the consequence beforehand. Never enter into an unknown territory.
Activity: 448
Merit: 1
That I believe can be anyone. But most likely be one of the fake online platforms we join using the same passwords we use for our accounts on exchanges.
Activity: 921
Merit: 10
I believe that in this situation to blame you themselves. It seems to me that if you watch your safety, then such situations should not happen. In addition, if you don't have too large amounts, it is unlikely that you will fall for fraud.
Activity: 315
Merit: 2
Although an exchange might try to assure you of a secured platform, but the  the fact, considering most of what have happened to exchanges, they cannot be 100% secured. If there will be any of such, then the distribution process on those exchanges will be very slow. So, processing of transactions might take ages.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
www.jacs.tech
of course you are responsible. because the only password is you, and for that keep everything well including the 2fa you have
Activity: 784
Merit: 251
You cannot tell who hacks you unless the hacker wants to reveal themselves to you. Best way to avoid hacking is to keep your coins in a cold storage where only you has access to

Wait, sometimes storing in a computer that is often connected to the internet is also potentially subject to hacks or malware attacks. There is no safe place to store your assets, unless you are more careful. store in a hardware wallet in my opinion is safer or some of your assets store in famous exchanges (top 10).
Activity: 1120
Merit: 251
if I've created account/wallet on coinbase or any other exchange then my account is hacked and my coins/money lost who are responsible for it
The Exchange where I've created account Huh
is it my mistake Huh
what's you thought about it Huh

and how i make my account safe  Huh

One way to protect your account is to install 2fa. did you do it it's one of the safest ways so that our account is not hacked by others. If you have a lot of assets in an exchanger you should not underestimate the security of your account. It's better for you from the start to really follow the advice of the site for account protection.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 322
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
if I've created account/wallet on coinbase or any other exchange then my account is hacked and my coins/money lost who are responsible for it
is it my mistake Huh

and how i make my account safe  Huh

That wouldn't come from coinbase at least it is a reputable wallet provider its obvious this might be due to your negligence and carelessness unknowingly  exposed your private keys, password and some vital information, although it might be a mistake from your part or maybe due to the fact that you are a newbie I always write or copy all my vital information on my jotter I never contemplating of saving any secret documents on my laptop to avoid compromise.
Activity: 700
Merit: 11
You cannot tell who hacks you unless the hacker wants to reveal themselves to you. Best way to avoid hacking is to keep your coins in a cold storage where only you has access to
Activity: 1246
Merit: 255
Sometimes you cannot be more careful than the one really hunting you. There are crypto users who wouldn't just explain how they got hacked. Hacker are very intelligent and are more expert in details needed to get victim even without the account owners carelessness. But not withstanding, it will be very expedient if we keep our wallet details safe enough, because victim may also be guilty.
Activity: 490
Merit: 16
You are responsible for anything that happens to your account, either through mistake or carelessness, i do the following and i am very strict with my things like laptops and phone

- I don't keep private keys on my phone, i use hardware wallet
- I don't share my main email with any airdrop websites, they are hackers in disguise
- I refuse to share my phone and laptop with friends because they can put spyware or keyloggers on my phone or laptops
Activity: 2268
Merit: 263
if the exchange you use includes a large exchange such as Binance, maybe the company will be responsible if something bad happens to their exchange, but you must have strong evidence to prove to the company that you are one of the victims of hacking on their exchange.
Right, because without clear evidence of course the exchange company will not want to process the problem that has happened to us, but if the hacking problem occurs on a small exchange, the exchange is very difficult to be responsible.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 504
WorkAsPro
Personally, I think that everyone should be responsible for their actions for which the user himself is responsible. For having hacked an account or wallet it means there was a very weak password and it was hacked. In this case, I recommend creating very strong passwords and making a few wallets to save your money.
Thats true, there are few reasons why our account were hacked.

It might because of weak passwords or setting 1 password only in your account and email thus it became easy for hackers to do their job.

Its our responsibility to make sure our accounts has high level of security to avoid this incident and only create an account in popular reputable exchanges.

I think most people use the same password because it's more convenient and easier to remember. In my opinion, if you install 2FA, you will be safe because 2FA has a very high security level and no hackers can attack your account if installed. In fact, using 2FA will be very convenient for everyone and some large exchanges always require users to install this security before deposit.

Using a password is not a problem but if you ignore 2FA, your account will face many dangers.
Activity: 714
Merit: 14
Hackers can attack a wallet without the fault of the wallet holder and at the same time attack a wallet which may be as a result of the fault or carelessness of the wallet holder. However, it is imperative to stay cautious about the links sent through emails from unknown sources. Some contain harmful malware which may render PC vulnerable to attacks.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 100
I think it was your mistake, registering an exchange that the same username and the password, surely the hackers can hack it because you never know one of the owner of exchanges is a hacker or maybe you fell the fake exchanges.
Activity: 532
Merit: 41
Leaving funds on coinbase or any other crypto platform is risky, and newbies are addicted to using one password across all websites they visit, once the password mistakenly get in the wrong hands it will become a severe blow.
1. Do not use a single password on all websites
2. Do not use a single email address for all exchanges
3. Look very well before you click links you get in your emails
Activity: 840
Merit: 250
www.guestcrew.com
is it my mistake Huh
my though it would be your mistake because you would be using same email as your other accounts and using easy password so your account is so easy to bruteforce and to guess for those who hacked ur account, you should not do that.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 629
Personally, I think that everyone should be responsible for their actions for which the user himself is responsible. For having hacked an account or wallet it means there was a very weak password and it was hacked. In this case, I recommend creating very strong passwords and making a few wallets to save your money.
Thats true, there are few reasons why our account were hacked.

It might because of weak passwords or setting 1 password only in your account and email thus it became easy for hackers to do their job.

Its our responsibility to make sure our accounts has high level of security to avoid this incident and only create an account in popular reputable exchanges.
Activity: 812
Merit: 260
if it was a hacking problem no one would be held responsible. because it's like theft in fiat money. we cannot ask for an answer because cryptocurrency is anonymous and with the blockchain system we will not be able to request that our money be returned. so if hacking occurs we must accept it as a risk that we must accept when investing in the Cyrpto market. so from this bad experience we should take lessons and be more careful in saving our money. if we save money in exchange then choose an exchange that has good security and of course we must also try to improve the security of our computers and wallets.

No one should be blame but only ourselves, we will not get hacked if we secure it easily and we do have back up on it, so better not to click anything if we are unsure of it, we all know that hackers and scammers are everywhere, so we must be very careful on it.

We should treat our private keys, passwords, the way we treat our child as we know how it hurt so much when someone got our personal belongings especially our livelihood.
Activity: 938
Merit: 250
if it was a hacking problem no one would be held responsible. because it's like theft in fiat money. we cannot ask for an answer because cryptocurrency is anonymous and with the blockchain system we will not be able to request that our money be returned. so if hacking occurs we must accept it as a risk that we must accept when investing in the Cyrpto market. so from this bad experience we should take lessons and be more careful in saving our money. if we save money in exchange then choose an exchange that has good security and of course we must also try to improve the security of our computers and wallets.
Pages:
Jump to: