Pages:
Author

Topic: if anyone hacked your account then who is responsible??? - page 4. (Read 7643 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 101
if I've created account/wallet on coinbase or any other exchange then my account is hacked and my coins/money lost who are responsible for it
The Exchange where I've created account Huh
is it my mistake Huh
what's you thought about it Huh

and how i make my account safe  Huh

both of you have mistake
Its your mistake cause you believe that your money  is safe on thier exchange/wallet
Exchanges mistake cause their security is not strong.
Activity: 2044
Merit: 165
Seriously speaking, many computer system have been tampered with by hackers and those  computer systems are more vulnerable if they are used to open wallets and longin into ones financial platforms. Personally am very fearful whenever I come across suspicion links from possible hackers online. Keeping your system safe is the first move before opening account online, hence if not done stand a chance of the account be hack.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 502
if it is your mistake, the exchange will not be responsible, for example in some large cases, exchanges that got hacked and user funds lost, they will be responsible. unless your account lost is clearly your mistake. but I don't know even if you already use 2FA and it's still hackable, who's a mistake is hmm. therefore use a trusted exchange, because some exchanges do exist naughty.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010
ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀
If the exchange is hacked then you cant do anything unless they take responsibility and pay you back. If only your account is hacked then it will be on your head as you need to take precautions like 2FA etc.

The best way is to hodl the coins which you dont want to trade in a personal wallet rather than an exchange.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
if I've created account/wallet on coinbase or any other exchange then my account is hacked and my coins/money lost who are responsible for it
is it my mistake Huh

Hacking and cracking of data happens almost on daily basis. This normally disturb thousands of users and involves great loss. And all depends on both ends, user and exchange ends. We should not blame others by layering up ourselves mistakes until and unless guarantee comes on others errors. So its better to verify all the possible ways from which end actually fault occurred.
Activity: 798
Currently, most exchanges have their own security measures, such as a Google verification code or a mobile text message to verify login names. If we do this, they will not be stolen by hackers. If they are stolen, the exchange may have his own reasons. There is also your own reason, in the cryptocurrency world, we need to always be careful of hackers.
Activity: 910
Merit: 12
Unfortunately, you are responsible for this incident. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your own account. That's why we can't hold the exchange responsible for this.
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1174
If your own wallet was hacked then it is as a result of your own carelessness. But if its an exchange or crypto market then you can put the blame on such exchange for not been able to provide utmost security to your funds.
Maybe you've heard "not your key not your funds", so it's not entirely an exchange error because I know they are also trying to keep their customers funds safe from hacker attacks. It's better to keep in a personal wallet.

If you have money somewhere, it doesn't have to be exchange, you need to have strong password, 2FA, and what ever else that exchange offers. If they don't offer a proper security, just find a one that does. In my opinion I always blame myself, I always think that I should know better. In the end line, if you don't have keys you don't own your funds, it's true, there's nothing safer than your wallet, but when it comes to using your funds spending a little time in reading about security of the service you plan to use is advisable.
Activity: 914
Merit: 250
Making Smart Money Work
If your own wallet was hacked then it is as a result of your own carelessness. But if its an exchange or crypto market then you can put the blame on such exchange for not been able to provide utmost security to your funds.
Maybe you've heard "not your key not your funds", so it's not entirely an exchange error because I know they are also trying to keep their customers funds safe from hacker attacks. It's better to keep in a personal wallet.
Activity: 1582
is it my mistake Huh

Actually good and bad people are every where so anytime your account may be hacked. But it is so taff to hack your wallet if you do not give your personal key or hacked your personal key. you have to all attempts to secure your account and if you do not do this you are responsible for your account hacking.
Activity: 1078
True, if we are not careless in guarding our wallets, then the one to blame is the exchange party, and we must hold them accountable so that our funds can be returned to normal.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 263
Of course all the errors are inside you because you can't save your account or enter the wrong address when you want to get into your wallet so hackers can get your data when you log in, of course with that incident then you are more careful in logging into your browser or cellphone and the most important thing is to never forget to do a second protection such as verification of cellphone number or second security from Google so that you can minimize your account from hacking.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 791
Bitcoin To The Moon 📈📈📈
you cant blame exchange its depend on the situation for example you are victim of phising. Then its your fault without adding any security of your account. But if the exchange has been hacked and many users has been victim then thats exchange fault.
in the case of users, some matters relating to phishing url exchange, email hacking, 2fa and everything that has become an important user procedure are the responsibility of the individual. while the hacking case in the exchange system is the responsibility of the company, and it is certain that they will return all assets through circulation from their cold wallet, not all exchanges are responsible and we must be wise to choose a trusted exchange.
Activity: 206
Merit: 2
Of course its your fault, every platform have security system they made it to keep each account safe but its not automatic you need to set it up, most popular is 2FA, where in you need to download third party application like google authenticator, you just need to enable the 2FA, but other system have email verification and sms verification. i always enable those security to protect my account.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 577
avatar and signature space for rent !!!
you cant blame exchange its depend on the situation for example you are victim of phising. Then its your fault without adding any security of your account. But if the exchange has been hacked and many users has been victim then thats exchange fault.
Activity: 1365
Merit: 107
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
Bad actors are everywhere, even in banks your money are not guaranteed safe because there is possibilities to steal your money by bank robberies. What i mean is we need to take the risks if we want to use the services of one platform, the only one thing we can do is to choose the one we think the best, trusted, and most secured exchange.
Activity: 840
Merit: 253
Exchange system can be hacked. In this case, they have to cover your damage. However, they cannot do anything for problems caused by your carelessness. Long-term investments should not be kept in Exchange.
Activity: 28
Merit: 1
Activity: 626
I think if something happens with my wallet, then no one can be responsible with it. I hold my wallet in private, therefore I also have to take great responsibility in its security. and if your funds are in an exchange wallet you might get responsibility, if mistakes are made by the exchange
Activity: 40
Merit: 1
When there's a hacked wallet, in most cases its usually due to the carelessness of the owner of the wallet. I remember my XLM wallet was hacked and my tokens withdrawn. The hacker had access to my account because there was no 2FA on the account. I only used a password which wasn't strong enough and must have been easily guessed.
Pages:
Jump to: