Pages:
Author

Topic: if anyone hacked your account then who is responsible??? - page 3. (Read 7643 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 106
homt.net
If you own the private key then you are responsible, this is the reality. Not only positives come with self-custody way. Also, there is still problem with tracking the owners of addresses, so there is very little chance that your stolen funds will return.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 370
if I've created account/wallet on coinbase or any other exchange then my account is hacked and my coins/money lost who are responsible for it
The Exchange where I've created account Huh
is it my mistake Huh
what's you thought about it Huh

and how i make my account safe  Huh

It's a mistake that goes both ways my friend. In this world, frauds and tricksters will do whatever they can to get an advantage, even if it means stealing other's hard earned investments. It could be a liability in law on the hacker's end which could get him behind bars. But it is also your fault in a sense since you did not take enough precaution. What I could highly suggest moving forward is for you to be mindful of where you login or register.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 252
Using the usual way that is adding security, such as 2FA, Touch ID, the rest secures our gadget devices such as smartphones / laptops / pc means to secure here is to provide additional care such as installing additional antivirus, do not install just any application, and also may pay attention to using the internet never connected to public wifi is easy because there is a possibility that public wifi contains malware or the like that can steal your data.
Activity: 798
Merit: 14
If my account which is 2fa enabled on any exchange gets hacked, I would blame the exchange provided I kept my 2fa device securely to myself alone. But if I get hacked from my wallet where I control the keys, then I am to be blamed for such hacks because no one else had access to my keys or deed phrase except me.
Activity: 658
Merit: 256
Freshdice.com
Well, based on the topic title itself, I think the mistake and the one who will take care of the full responsibility will be the hacker because he is the one capable on hacking your account and getting your funds out of it. On the other hand, you do still have the responsibility on that scenario because it is your account so you must take full accountability on what will happen into your account. The taking care of your funds depend on how you store them. You must always take into consideration upon creating account the privacy of the information you will share and to secure if the creation of your account into a certain exchange and putting your funds on it will be totally secured. Upon creation, you, yourself must be the one to check if the site of the exchange, the web browser, your computer or smartphone are all safe from intruders to keep your account privacy safe and you are the one who is capable of accessing your account. So to avoid such scenario to happen, better observe and secure all aspects that you need to see and tighten your security selection from the options provided by the exchanger and your device as well that no intruder like hackers can access anything from your device including important files and most specially your account.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
Everyone is supposed to take care of their online accounts and funds. And in more than 99% of the cases, wallet hacks and robberies occur as a result of carelessness from the victim. But that said, the hackers must be punished severely. No one is supposed to steal money from someone else. Also, no one is permitted to intrude into someone else's personal space.
Activity: 644
Merit: 509
if I've created account/wallet on coinbase or any other exchange then my account is hacked and my coins/money lost who are responsible for it
80% no  one can take responsible on hacking activity in cryptoworld.

is it my mistake Huh
usually is your mistake, i can say 99,99% is your mistake, when MtGox was scam, goverman ask for an explanation of their mistakes, as well as holding customers accountable for their funds but even the mistake is Mtgox, you will still lost your money,

on coinbase
use whitelist IP
use 2fa auth
use phone number auth

also in mail service ( gmail)
use whitelist IP and use phonenumber verification
Activity: 770
Merit: 12
Trphy.io
In the case that you mentioned, where your account is hacked (not the exchange where you store assets).
Sorry to say but You are fully responsible for your own account.
Unless the exchange has been hacked it is the responsibility of the exchange.
Yes it is true, everyone is responsible for their own wallet and if their hacked account is not an exchange then it is the person who is wrong where he may not be careful in storing any of his personal information or he may have visited an unknown website which can be used by hackers to find out the wallet and exchange that you use so that he can easily enter with the information obtained.

Yes, no doubt everyone is responsible for their investment they need to keep it safe From hackers because while investing you must know how to keep it safe such as using the good wallet and never share your private key and I known person so there will be fewer chances of hacking. Be sure your wallet is safe and it will be much better if you use blockchain.
usually problems arise because of our own carelessness. sometimes lack of concentration is the main cause. therefore we are easily tempted by interesting promos that they provide via email or other links, sometimes we also open the wallet address incorrectly, and that is a fatal mistake
Activity: 1236
In the case that you mentioned, where your account is hacked (not the exchange where you store assets).
Yes it is true, everyone is responsible for their own wallet and if their hacked account is not an exchange then it is the person who is wrong where he may not be careful in storing any of his personal information or he may have visited an unknown website which can be used by hackers to find out the wallet and exchange that you use so that he can easily enter with the information obtained.

Yes, no doubt everyone is responsible for their investment they need to keep it safe From hackers because while investing you must know how to keep it safe such as using the good wallet and never share your private key and I known person so there will be fewer chances of hacking. Be sure your wallet is safe and it will be much better if you use blockchain.
Activity: 773
Merit: 101
Soil.co - Earn USDT/USDC
is it my mistake Huh

Banks had the same issue years ago. At the time they had no specific policy of who was ultimatelly liable. Its still a grey area. Unfortunately when you are dealing in a market proud to be unregulated you cant expect or probaly receive protection. There are some more trusted exchanges out there but its the issue in the industry IMO.

If you research further you will find many ways to make your allowance every day and this only depends on how active you are looking for it. if you are lazy for that then don't expect what you want to produce.
copper member
Activity: 1190
Merit: 3
I think at first instance, I am solely responsible for it if I have not taken certain measures to avoid it. Like implementation of 2fa, avoiding phishing attacks, making private keys public and so on.
If such measures are not implemented, then first we need to take care of it.
And even if after these measures implemented but account is hacked, then it's exchange's responsibility.
We should deal with known and trusted exchanges only.
Activity: 910
Merit: 261
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
There are a lot of people who got hacked in their exchange wallet and they started to send a report about it, but the exchange will not take any responsibilities about it because it is not their loss and they will only say sorry to you, that is why you should be careful with your wallets because no one will take any responsibilities to it if it was hacked.
Activity: 400
Merit: 268
If just your account was hacked, then it's your responsibility because it would be assumed that you were somehow careless with your details and hackers were able to get access to it, if exchbages starts refunding losses that occurs from personal hacks, then people might start faking hacks to receive the refunds.

But when an exchange wallet is hacked, the exchange usually takes responsibility for it because it's their platform that was vulnerable and some major exchanges has refunded such loses before, two of the recent ones being Binance and Upbit.
Activity: 1372
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
is it my mistake Huh

Banks had the same issue years ago. At the time they had no specific policy of who was ultimatelly liable. Its still a grey area. Unfortunately when you are dealing in a market proud to be unregulated you cant expect or probaly receive protection. There are some more trusted exchanges out there but its the issue in the industry IMO.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 504
There's no other person involve between that hacking its only you and the hacker i guess so , if your personal account was been hacked by someone the only responsible for that is you who is the owner. i have a friend and he said the best way to keep our account safe is not only putting anti virus but rather protecting our own activity adn seeking knowledge how to avoid phishing or simply being aware of the possible virus o malicious links.
Activity: 550
Merit: 10
we can't blame ourselves if someone hacked our wallets or something. hackers can do it to anyone hacks into something if they want to but sometimes they don't succeed hacking something or our wallets because the security is tight and making them difficult to get it.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 255
If your account is hacked, whether it is a wallet account or an account on the trading market, then it is not the responsibility of anyone, or I mean that no one can be held responsible for this incident. This is purely an accident that you experienced because you were not careful in maintaining your account. on crypto or something related to the internet will be prone to being stolen by thieves. So you have to be vigilant.
Activity: 840
Merit: 105
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
It is really too hard to hack someone's wallet as most requires two factor authentication before logging in. But, there would be no hackable if you yourself are knowledgeable to be much secured than a normal person. Hackers often targets those who they think have many money in their crypto wallets, hence if you are one of them, you must be having multiple security measures to be safe. And if ever hacking was still been possible to you, responsible would be both you - your lapses, and the hackers dirty intentions.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 264
bit.ly/3QXp3oh | Ultimate Launchpad on TON
Most likely you will be responsible for yourself, because today's hacked exchanges are not possible. It is difficult to attack exchanges because they have more layers of security than before and the process is also more strict than before.  If your account is hacked, it is likely that your personal information has been exposed to the public or someone has taken control of your computer with malware
Pages:
Jump to: