Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin dies does altcoin die? - page 22. (Read 17266 times)

Activity: 958
Merit: 265
March 09, 2018, 11:13:59 AM
again like many similar questions, it depends on the cause of death Wink

bitcoin won't die out of nowhere obviously. so there should have been a reason in your hypothetical scenario. what was it?
was it a bug? then by extension most altcoins will have the same issues and the faith in the rest will be lost too.
was it a political reason? like countries banning bitcoin (although that won't kill bitcoin). in that case they would do the same for altcoins too.

you see most reasons will be extended to altcoins too. it is cryptocurrency in general sometimes.
I think yes if Bitcoin die Altcoin will die too because bitcoin is the main currency of all of the altcoins, WIthout bitcoin you can't buy alternative coins so if bitcoin dies it will affect the alts too, Sometimes dumping of bitcoin can affect altcoins to rise more but if bitcoin dies it will affect alts too but in negative way, As now Both bitcoin and altcoins are on red stage means so many investors take away their money.
Activity: 354
Merit: 100
March 09, 2018, 10:04:36 AM
Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley

Yes, if bitcoin die the altcoin will be die also. Bitcoin is the major and the prior in all of the cryptocurrency so if bitcoin will rise up and then the other crypto currencies will rise up too and vice versa. in addition bitcoin and altcoins are interconnected to each other.
Activity: 191
Merit: 10
March 09, 2018, 10:00:55 AM
Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins

Bitcoin is the king of all cryptocurrency. Altcoins uses bitcoin to convert into cash, and altcoins are bought with bitcoin. They both need each other, so if bitcoin dies,altcoins will die too.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
March 09, 2018, 09:43:42 AM
Yes, if Bitcoin dies , Altcoins will have a big opportunities to be dead with it. Because like the lending coin, when BCC dies they turn their back to all the MLM projects, so it will be the same if Bitcoin dies.
Activity: 364
March 09, 2018, 06:27:41 AM
Each digital coin can exist separately from other crypto-currencies. Therefore, if bitcoin suddenly disappears (which can not be in principle), the rest of the crypto currency will be able to continue to grow and develop. Due to the fact that there is a lot of crypto currency now, and bitcoin was the most famous among the crypto currency, historically, that when exchanging for fiat, bitcoin is used as an intermediate transitional exchange. However, its role in this can be performed by any known coin, for example ethereum, litecoin or something else.
Activity: 420
Harmony for One and All
March 09, 2018, 06:09:52 AM
In my view this situation never happens because stopping bitcoin means stopping internet.

And the scenario when we think about bitcoin dies then still there is possibility to survive the altcoins because every cryptocurrency coming based on blockchain technology.
Activity: 349
March 09, 2018, 06:08:39 AM
There are a lot of currencies that are interconnected, but most of the price fluctuations are not related to demand. Bitcoin currencies are now believed to have a platform for future growth. It, other currencies such as Ethereum also pursue Bitcoin in the market very close.
Activity: 98
March 09, 2018, 05:42:27 AM
I'm not think if the dead bitcoin money will be followed by the death of altcoin, it could be another coin that plays a role as a center of trading because of the possibilities that could happen in cryptocurrency, but of course the bitcoin's death will have an impact on trading in altcoin exchanges. These are my thoughts.
Activity: 590
Merit: 500
March 02, 2018, 10:09:56 PM
If bitcoin die then that would be a chance for another alt to dominate. Cryptocurrency is already in people's system and had been already become more of an investment rather than mop which it supposed to be so if bitcoin is gone people would certainly look for aother high potential coin that could be the next bitcoin of time.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
March 02, 2018, 06:58:48 PM
Before, Bitcoin is more and more popular and many people know and believe Bitcoin so we can sure that bitcoin can never be die because it is our basic need and as a main priority for perform of the cryptocurrencies world. But if Bitcoin dies, altcoins will not die because Bitcoin was build base Blockchain technology and considered Blockchain 1.0, now many altcoins also use Blockchain technology even it's better than bitcoin, example: Ethereum considered Blockchain 2.0, Cardano considered blockchain 3.0. If bitcoin dies then it will be replaced by other altcoin which is better than.
Yes, the Bitcoin technology has used by altcoin and Bitcoin still exist or will be die is not important for the growth of cryptocurrency world. However, at that time, I believe the panic seller will make the cryptocurrency value decrease too much. Because most of the people thought Bitcoin is the mother of all cryptocurrencies, if it died, other cryptocurrencies will be also die.
Activity: 364
Merit: 1
February 28, 2018, 01:18:58 AM
it can happen because all altcoin exchanges tend to bitcoin while bitcoin is very popular and expensive coin if bitcoin die then all altcoin will not mean and will go die
Activity: 119
February 28, 2018, 01:11:42 AM
I think, altcoin usually reflects the price of Bitcoin. When Bitcoin drops then usually altcoin is down, When Bitcoin runs out, usually altcoin also runs out. If Bitcoin collapses then all altcoin might collapse as well. The only circumstance in which I did another cryptococcus rose to the top and Bitcoin fell apart. The new cryptocurrency will act as a new benchmark for all other cryptoes. In this case, altcoin may be affected in the very near term.
Activity: 420
Merit: 102
February 27, 2018, 07:30:13 PM
Before, Bitcoin is more and more popular and many people know and believe Bitcoin so we can sure that bitcoin can never be die because it is our basic need and as a main priority for perform of the cryptocurrencies world. But if Bitcoin dies, altcoins will not die because Bitcoin was build base Blockchain technology and considered Blockchain 1.0, now many altcoins also use Blockchain technology even it's better than bitcoin, example: Ethereum considered Blockchain 2.0, Cardano considered blockchain 3.0. If bitcoin dies then it will be replaced by other altcoin which is better than.
Activity: 463
Merit: 250
February 27, 2018, 06:44:46 PM

The reason why altcoins are created is to compete with bitcoins and because of that, there's a huge chain reaction that happened in the market, the competition become even tighter and the good outcome is that, bitcoins value is increasing further more so expect the bright future for cryptocurrency in the market and invest today.
Honestly, at current, Altcoin is just a factor to increases the price of Bitcoin. Do you know any altcoin can against the bearish of Bitcoin in past weeks? The value of Bitcoin dumped to $6,000 also made a lot of altcoins dumped 30-50% within one day, example NEO from $120 dumped to $60 and bounce to old price just within 48 hours.
Activity: 378
When Football meets Crypto
February 20, 2018, 07:04:44 AM

The reason why altcoins are created is to compete with bitcoins and because of that, there's a huge chain reaction that happened in the market, the competition become even tighter and the good outcome is that, bitcoins value is increasing further more so expect the bright future for cryptocurrency in the market and invest today.
Activity: 106
February 20, 2018, 07:00:56 AM
Well, it depends of the reason why Bitcoin dies. If it's an intern reason, Altcoin might not be affected by Bitcoin's death. But, for example, if governments ban cryptocurrencies, Altcoin are now related.
Activity: 2
February 20, 2018, 07:00:14 AM
Altcoin are altcoin and bitcoin is bitcoin.These two have their own identity.One has nothing to do with another.If anyone dies they will die with their own way.altcoin has nothing to do with btc in my opinion.
Activity: 182
Merit: 20
February 20, 2018, 06:59:35 AM
I don’t think my aunt if bitcoin death might altcoins others are not going to die as bitcoin, bitcoin death may only because there is no demand again by because that’s bitcoin probably going to die, but perhaps people would probably prefer altcoins other. Like Etherium,, if the reason can besides or being in Bitcoin like a lost attractiveness of the market then there’s a possibility of the other coins could rise to take a leadership vacuum, maybe users bitcoin may will go to big altcoin berikutnya.
Activity: 196
February 20, 2018, 06:55:02 AM
I do not think that bitcoin will ever die, because too many people have already believed in him. In any case, not in the next few years.
Activity: 756
Merit: 253
February 20, 2018, 06:52:48 AM
I think if bitcoin die, the altcoins will survive. I believe bitcoin can die, only if a strong replacement comes to replace it and most members of the community will accept this change. In this case, all the altcoins will remain alive.
I have a contrary outlook towards this subject because base on my observation whenever the value or price of bitcoin goes down and altcoin as well so if bitcoin woudie the altcoin would  die also. And prices also is depend upon the demand of the costumer so that's one reason that affects the price fluctuation in theatket and the same thing in altcoin too.

I couldn't agree  even the more because based on the statistical analysis the growth of bitcoin is directly proportional to the growth of altcoins ijn recent times and so i think if bitcoin goes down they all go down because people tend to loose trust in cryptocurrencies completely whenever bitcoin is down.
Pages:
Jump to: