Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin dies does altcoin die? - page 48. (Read 17293 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 102
November 27, 2017, 02:36:58 PM
Do not forget that bitcoin has long been not only the main scriptactive, there is another Ethereum which is also growing rapidly. People are incredibly motivated investments in the cryptocurrency, as it gives more % than the regular Deposit in the Bank, so if the bitcoin goes down, it is only because of transfusions of money in the altcoins.
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
November 27, 2017, 02:33:34 PM
Although bitcoin can copy any innovations, if the community and developers want it, the altcoins provides healthy competition in the crypto currency market, and thereby it provokes Bitcoin developers to remain active and continue to develop innovations
Activity: 661
Merit: 500
November 27, 2017, 01:12:03 PM
Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley
Altcoins Will be largely affected but certain coins like etherum and lite coin will still continue. Bitcoin is one of the oldest and cryptocurrency so it can play a negative impact on the growth of other coins. It's unlikely for bitcoin to die in a short span of time it's will probably exist for a longer life periodically than we expect.
Activity: 618
Merit: 250
November 27, 2017, 12:06:40 PM
I think Bitcoin will still live longer since most of the altcoins are exchange through bitcoin.  If one day that Bitcoin will die, maybe the next most valued altcoin will stand as a replacement of the Bitcoin, like for example is the Ethereum.
Maybe because when bitcoin rise the other cypto is also rise and when it get fall there are also fall. Same scenario when bitcoin die altcoin will die also, i think because they depend in bitcoin.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
November 27, 2017, 11:57:03 AM
I think if the bitcoin is gone forever. The different types of altcoin will not be lost. There are many different types of digital currency in today's time that they focus on bitcoin just like the ETH rank it now only following the bitcoin. It can replace bitcoin when it is completely lost.so do not wanna make a variety of atlcoin today. Because we are the key to the development of a digital currency.
Activity: 1313
Merit: 302
November 27, 2017, 11:48:34 AM
No, I don't think it will die. In fact, miners will then change the cryptocurrency they're mining. Somehow it might cause demotivation, especially to the major investors of the Bitcoin leading them to either quit or go to altcoins.
Altcoin is independent, but let's say it came from BTC in the first place.

Yes Bitcoin is the independent of any other altcoin.Bitcoin will not die at any situations,today price of bitcoin will gives you the answer for this.But you can change the bitcoin to altcoin to get some more profit.Bitcoin will never die .It's has very huge potential then the Altcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029
November 27, 2017, 11:46:53 AM
I think at this point, Bitcoin is nearly impossible to kill. It may take a beating here and there, but ultimately, it will rise again and is here for the long term.
Activity: 118
November 27, 2017, 11:39:03 AM
Of course if bitcoin dies the altcoin will die must. because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins.
bitcoin is king of all coin, bitcoin and other coins will simply be upgraded to continue their usability.
 so i think bitcoin will never die.

Or some other alts may take btc's place. Notice how almost all alts decline when btc pumps. And how alts rise when btc dips? Alts depend on btc price but if another alt will rise to that level close to btc, i think they'll survive.

Altcoins directly die without bitcoin. But altcoins also die with bitcoin price rally as well. This is like a dilemma and it's hard to find a condition where altcoins are increasing. Most of them are traded against BTC like XXX/BTC.
Activity: 532
Merit: 17
November 27, 2017, 11:37:41 AM
bitcoin can survive without altcoin, but i dont know about altcoin. maybe need some time for altcoin to be same as bitcoin
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
November 27, 2017, 11:28:51 AM
Of course if bitcoin dies the altcoin will die must. because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins.
bitcoin is king of all coin, bitcoin and other coins will simply be upgraded to continue their usability.

Or some other alts may take btc's place. Notice how almost all alts decline when btc pumps. And how alts rise when btc dips? Alts depend on btc price but if another alt will rise to that level close to btc, i think they'll survive.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
November 27, 2017, 07:07:24 AM
Activity: 105
Merit: 11
BYTZ
November 27, 2017, 06:52:23 AM
If you goto a regular fiat currency exchange, there are some main contenders, USB, GBP, YEN and EUR - this is after a long time of the monetary system being introduced, the cryptoworld we live in moves so quickly that I feel there will be some main contenders in the not too distant future, maybe these are BTC, ETH, XMR, WAVES and some hotly developed Altcoins - what do you think should be on the list?
cue
Activity: 65
November 27, 2017, 06:29:59 AM
I think Bitcoin will still live longer since most of the altcoins are exchange through bitcoin.  If one day that Bitcoin will die, maybe the next most valued altcoin will stand as a replacement of the Bitcoin, like for example is the Ethereum.
Activity: 259
November 27, 2017, 06:25:26 AM
Yes, all the altcoin are completely depend on the Bitcoin value. Sometime even when the Bitcoin price is increasing the value of the all the altcoin start decreasing. So now the market of cryptocurrency completely depend on Bitcoin only.
I don't think so. Altcoins value is not depend on Bitcoin value, it's depend on its project is good or not. I saw that in many situation the price of bitcoin was dipped but price of many altcoins are still increase and contrary. Bitcoin is occupied 53% Cryptocurreny Market so bitcoin is directing Cryptocurreny Market but in the future if it appear a coin that is better bitcoin then it can will instead of bitcoin. I think Ethereum will be done this Smiley
Activity: 196
November 27, 2017, 05:18:11 AM
When bitcoin totally dies, it doesn't necessarily mean that other altcoins will die too. There's also a possibility in a way that bitcoin dictates the value of the altcoin. It is the central currency for all the altcoin in the market right now. The market of cryptocurrency depends on the present value of bitcoin. Altcoin creators won't let its coins lose its value. They may also use another altcoin instead of bitcoin for comparison with its price.
MMA
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
November 27, 2017, 04:47:43 AM
Yes, all the altcoin are completely depend on the Bitcoin value. Sometime even when the Bitcoin price is increasing the value of the all the altcoin start decreasing. So now the market of cryptocurrency completely depend on Bitcoin only.
I think both do not have any such connection. But as bitcoin is the fuindamental currency therefore it will have great effect on altcoin. In fact bitcoin is the main currency for all the people while they are using other altcoins as for trading purposes after getting profit we mostly convert our money in to bitcoin for keeping our money more safe there.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 255
November 26, 2017, 10:55:07 PM
Activity: 816
Merit: 133
November 26, 2017, 10:49:45 PM
There's a possibility but who knew? Though at some point since Bitcoin is the basis of all coins then once the rates of Bitcoin suddenly crash then most likely, some or most of the altcoins will definitely crash too. But since the crypto world is now rising and a lot of potential coins are also progressing then there is also a higher chance that Bitcoin will be replaced by a new coin at some point in time due to the reason that a lot of coins now has a potential which can also be seen in Bitcoin. But like what I've said, Who knew? We are still far from future a lot can happen.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 276
November 26, 2017, 09:49:11 PM
it really depends on how bitcoin will die. if bitcoin will die in an instant, altcoins will surely die too. but if bitcoin loses it's supporters, altcoins might have a chance to steal bitcoin's popularity. tho to make it happen, a new cryptocurrency should be introduced that can outshine bitcoin and make way for altcoins to show what potentials they have.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
November 26, 2017, 09:39:05 PM
Hi, I am new to Altcoin ico area, and I am not sure if this is the right tread to ask my question. Since Bitcoin is reaching 10,000 area, likely a correction may be due after that (in the worst case can go back to 940 area) soon.

My question is: If Bitcoin is crash, how is the way all Altcoins shall be reacting?

Someone told me if Bitcoin crashed, all the Altcoins crashed as well.

I just want to hear more opinion here, or more confirmation here.

Thanks in advance for sharing.
Pages:
Jump to: