Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin dies does altcoin die? - page 49. (Read 17293 times)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
November 26, 2017, 09:32:42 PM
Not necessarily but here I have 2 opinions at once, it could be if the bitcoin die then altcoins will join the dead too, but it could also altcoin not die together bitcoin and it when they switched to cryptocurrency with that bitcoin will die with itself.
cryptocurrency will not die because the term altcoin could die with bitcoin. but according to me during the time of the bitcoin can die
Activity: 36
November 26, 2017, 08:56:00 PM
there have been lots of news about in bitcoin nowadays in my cuntr. bu it i still very oard to purchase btc anonymously. only localbitcoins or certain areas like this give some privacy. but it is not so safe to purchase face to face having a unfamiliar person. so my nation is loaded with lots of approach to take.ytsh
Activity: 26
November 26, 2017, 08:31:24 PM
Bitcoin will be replaced by altcoin in one day just as myspace is replaced by facebook.
I bet on BCH  Smiley
Activity: 14
November 26, 2017, 08:29:15 PM
I don't think so. It's main cryptocurrency, but others don't rely on it
Activity: 392
Merit: 253
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
November 26, 2017, 08:15:33 PM
Bitcoin will be replaced by altcoin in one day just as myspace is replaced by facebook.
Activity: 26
November 26, 2017, 07:51:45 PM
Crypto will die when every granny will be able to buy it as simple as bread. Till that it will be ok.
Activity: 4
November 26, 2017, 07:47:23 PM
Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley

I think, if bitcoin died it would probably be due to either technology failure (scalability, speed, convenience) or legal regulation. If it were the first option then Altcoins would be more important because one would need to step up to fill the empty boots but if it were the second, it would fall to the Altcoins that could best comply with the regulations. The rest of the market would either die, become private tech or go underground into a kind of black market and the successor would be some sort of mainstream blockchain controlled by the elite.  Cry
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
November 26, 2017, 07:35:33 PM
With the way things are id say yes. If pepople completely stop using bitcoin all of a sudden and the price drops to zero, well this what I assume you mean by dead, then most certainly. The reason being people can only liquidate to fiat money via bitcoin and of course the primary gains miners are doing their job is because of the money, so you can be sure that the same thing will happen ti altcoins.

Its next to impossible but still if we believe the bitcoin is dead then it will be a suicide on altcoin also. Obviously people will lose confidence in digital currency which will make a lot of capital being shifted from crypto currency towards the fiat. This will really be a black moment for those who love bitcoins and altcoins and want to see a pure digital world.
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
November 26, 2017, 07:12:42 PM
Bitcoin has nothing to do in regards to other coins, as may other coins be equal clon as bitcoin the others work in different blockchains not on the same as btc does.
While if someone find a way ti hijack bitcoin someway it also may found to make it on LTC and Doge which are clons of BTC.
And about ETHER ... eher will always use a different way on bitcoin so if any of them fall it won't happen the other way unless the find how to hijack two different types of
technology.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
November 25, 2017, 07:55:57 PM
I do not think bitcoin will die, because enthusiasts all over the world in this world increasingly follow and pursue this bitcoin. Maybe it will be rare or expensive it is very possible but indeed if really dead I am sure there will be a new idea to create such bitcoin because the market demand is very much.
Activity: 211
Merit: 100
November 25, 2017, 07:35:20 PM
I think if Bitcoin dies, altcoin dies too. Because of the trust. Many people do not understand clearly about the crypto world. They just buy coins because of friends. family members,,... Therefore, if they see Bitcoin dies, They will withdraw all their coins because of the fear
Activity: 255
Merit: 3
November 25, 2017, 07:20:56 PM
I agree. It depends how bitcoin dies. But regardless of everything, I think bitcoin and altcoins won't go away for a long time. This is all still really young and in the development stage. There is still a lot of potential.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
November 25, 2017, 07:09:10 PM
With the way things are id say yes. If pepople completely stop using bitcoin all of a sudden and the price drops to zero, well this what I assume you mean by dead, then most certainly. The reason being people can only liquidate to fiat money via bitcoin and of course the primary gains miners are doing their job is because of the money, so you can be sure that the same thing will happen ti altcoins.
Activity: 39
November 25, 2017, 06:59:46 PM
I do not  think that altcoin will  die even though bitcoin is over. People will start looking for another alternative cryptocurrency. It also  might depend on the reason why Bitcoin can die. In case when the death is due to total ban of Bitcoin as done by all governments or regimes then there is a possibility that Bitcoin death can also mean the death of all altcoins. Now, if the reason can be other than that or it is within Bitcoin like losing the appeal from the market or  all Bitcoin holders have migrated or shift into the next big cryptocurrency available then there is a possibility that another coin can rise up to take the leadership. If it happens  new cryptocurrency would act as the new benchmark for all the other cryptocurrencies. In this case, altcoins may be affected in the short term, but would continue on their way as if nothing happened.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
November 25, 2017, 06:44:55 PM
Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins

That depends on the cause of death of bitcoin. If the cause of death is due to a law or something that is imposed by the government, then of course all altcoins will die as well, but if it's due to credibility and competition then altcoins may live as well, one from those altcoins will become the new bitcoin. That's what I think.

yes definitely it is always depends on the situation of how does bitcoin can be dead for just like in law it is hard to question for if this can be the case of it and something that are hard to defend to stay bitcoin alive for and been using for all of us.
Activity: 448
Merit: 110
November 25, 2017, 06:34:08 PM

It might depend on the reason why Bitcoin can die. In case when the death is due to total ban of Bitcoin as done by all governments or regimes then there is a possibility that Bitcoin death can also mean the death of altcoins. Now, if the reason can be other than that or it is within Bitcoin like losing the appeal from the market then there is a possibility that another coin can rise up to take the vacuum of leadership.

some altcoins but not all of the altcoins because some altcoins have their own platform and if bitcoin leaves they can survive due to their flexible features more way better than bitcoin the problem only is how are they gonna market their coin to the people another introduction and new risk lies ahead.
I agree with you there are a lot more platforms than just bitcoin some examples are ethereum and waves and there are a couple more but i would say those 3 are the top popular ones for me.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
November 25, 2017, 06:12:48 PM
Not sure how the death of one of it can be bounded with the other one, ridiculous question...
Activity: 440
Merit: 250
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
November 25, 2017, 05:01:14 PM
If Bitcoin dies, I dont think altcoin dies too. Because they are different. There is no reason for this
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001
The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol
November 25, 2017, 04:08:07 PM

That depends on the cause of death of bitcoin. If the cause of death is due to a law or something that is imposed by the government, then of course all altcoins will die as well, but if it's due to credibility and competition then altcoins may live as well, one from those altcoins will become the new bitcoin. That's what I think.
No, the government can not make any cryptocurrency die. Because this is decentralized network, system, as long as there are still have a little of users using this currency, it never die. The blockchain system of Bitcoin is very intelligent, it can changes its system to fit with total users are using Bitcoin.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
November 24, 2017, 07:29:53 PM
Everybody know bitcoin, and everybody started to trade with bitcoin and all we belived on this, and if bitcoin will fail all our hope will go down and also altcoins will have very big crash
Pages:
Jump to: