Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin goes up very high should i buy a house? - page 49. (Read 133924 times)

Activity: 275
Merit: 250
First of all, don't invest your whole networth into bitcoin, that's irresponsible and could ruin you depending on what happens. Now to your question, yes I think an house is a smart investment it will take away alot of monthly costs but add some new ones dont forget about that.
Activity: 406
If you have enough funds and you don't have a house of your own, then you should buy a house. Owning a house is much better than keeping on renting on apartments/bedspace. You can do whatever you want in your own house because it's yours. If you want to buy a house and then make it for rent, then it's a good investment as well. You just have to make sure that you randomly visit the house to make sure that nothing sketchy is going on. A rental house makes you earn a fixed amount of money every month without you doing anything but maintenance.
That is correct that is depending on the capacity of your bitcoin in your wallet, and also if you do not have own house and your bitcoin has a capacity to buy that is the time to buy a house.
Activity: 826
Merit: 502
If you have enough funds and you don't have a house of your own, then you should buy a house. Owning a house is much better than keeping on renting on apartments/bedspace. You can do whatever you want in your own house because it's yours. If you want to buy a house and then make it for rent, then it's a good investment as well. You just have to make sure that you randomly visit the house to make sure that nothing sketchy is going on. A rental house makes you earn a fixed amount of money every month without you doing anything but maintenance.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024
Why not if you have a lot of bitcoin and if you think it is enough to buy a house you should buy it, for me if i given a chance to buy a house using a bitcoin i will put the logo of bitcoin in the front of my house recognizing bitcoin is the part of my house.
Buying a house would be the best option for not only it will give you shelter but also a good investment.Bitcoin prices are highly unstable and can fall anytime.We have seen it in 2013 when price reached $1000.It has yet to go that high again
keep holding , even the price of bitcoin reached the top ,
don't spend it anytime soon unless you have an urgent need forced you to sell bitcoin ,
bitcoin are a good long term investment ,
you can not compare the 2013 price to current price , compare it then in 2017 as people predicted bitcoin will reach $1,500 to $4,000 .

Why I'm also part of the HODL-camp, it is not a sure thing that Bitcoin will reach x fiat price in x time. It is still possible that Bitcoin fails. There is no such thing as a risk-free investment.

If buying a house makes sense or not really depends on more factors than economical considerations alone. If you only focus on economics you should always invest in those assets, that have the best risk-reward-ratio. In my view, real estate is certainly not an attractive investment in that regard. However there are also emotional factors to consider when buying a house if you are buying it as your own residence. You might feel great relief and satisfaction from owning your own property and being able to do everything on it as you see fit without asking for permission. That might be an invaluable positive aspect.

So it might make sense to buy a house even if it is not an economically wise decision. You can consider a luxury that greatly increases your quality of life. However, if you ask me, I would never invest all my savings into real estate - it's always good to have some different kind security as an offset in case things go wrong.

ya.ya.yo!
Activity: 504
If Bitcoin price goes up, I'd buy a house but I won't tell you what to do with your money.
most probably i would also do some big shoppings such as a house or something like a car i would be spending it like crazy for sure
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1002
= jasad =
Why not if you have a lot of bitcoin and if you think it is enough to buy a house you should buy it, for me if i given a chance to buy a house using a bitcoin i will put the logo of bitcoin in the front of my house recognizing bitcoin is the part of my house.
Buying a house would be the best option for not only it will give you shelter but also a good investment.Bitcoin prices are highly unstable and can fall anytime.We have seen it in 2013 when price reached $1000.It has yet to go that high again
keep holding , even the price of bitcoin reached the top ,
don't spend it anytime soon unless you have an urgent need forced you to sell bitcoin ,
bitcoin are a good long term investment ,
you can not compare the 2013 price to current price , compare it then in 2017 as people predicted bitcoin will reach $1,500 to $4,000 .
Activity: 336
If Bitcoin goes up very high should i buy a house?

Ive been thinking if it went into very high figures i could cash out 80-90% of bitcoin and buy a house outright with no mortgage.  Is that even a good idea though? - basically 80% of networth in a house hmmm.  On the other hand i dont want to have a mortgage and im fed up with renting due to landlords, letting agents and lack of control.

Are you storing all your wealth in bitcoins? Not very smart.

Assuming you have to live somewhere (and parasiting on your parents is not an option), housing expenses are inevitable. Therefore buying a house is usually a good move. You're saving on rent and expensive mortgage rates.

But if you don't have quite enough funds, you could always pay i.e. 70-80% from your own pocket and take mortgage on the rest.

Yeah im currently at about 50-60% of networth in bitcoin/litecoin and i think its ok.  I have a good little small business growing on the side which takes all my time and effort.  If bitcoin dies i'll be ok.

It would be good to save on rent so i guess i will buy a house when bitcoin hits moon. I really just dont want a mortgage if possible but i might just have an irrational mortgage phobia, to cash buy a house for most of networth could be bad, i dunno, never really understood mortgages and housing.

off course why are you not buying a house with the bitcoins if you have that much bitcoins where you can effort a house from i would say what is stopping you buy that dam house with the bitcoins if you want,
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
When you already have a lot of bitcoin why not you build or buy a house. I think it is so great plan, buy a new house with bitcoin also my dream since i just started using bitcoin.
I am sure buy a house with bitcoin is needed so big amount of bitcoin at all.

Nowadays we need some god amount of bitcoins to buy a house, but in the future the price of bitcoin will be much higher and in that time we will be able to buy a house with a minimum number of bitcoin.
Activity: 350
If Bitcoin price goes up, I'd buy a house but I won't tell you what to do with your money.
Activity: 672
When you already have a lot of bitcoin why not you build or buy a house. I think it is so great plan, buy a new house with bitcoin also my dream since i just started using bitcoin.
I am sure buy a house with bitcoin is needed so big amount of bitcoin at all.
Activity: 952
Many people dream about house to build or to buy their own but others till dream only because they cant afford to buy a house. If you have a 10btc above maybe its the time to wait the price of btc hit your desire price before you make a decisions to buy a house or invest it again.
But if i were you if have a 50 btc and above now you make a decision to buy a house or to build it becoz 50 btc if you converted it into cash is enough to build a house if you have own lot.
50 bitcoin are equals to 29,854 USD which it is far than enough to build or buy a house if you live in USA, as average cost for custom home building are around 304,268 USD according to home advisor. so you need 450 bitcoin more to build a comfortable house in USA.

a house are property and investing on property are pretty wise choice. you should not procrastinate it.

Your calculation is right but it is according to the current price of bitcoin, and the OP is asking that when the price of bitcoin rise up very high, I hope that in some years the price of bitcoin will be much high and hewill be able to buy a house with only a smaller amount of bitcoins.
What do your expect of the price increase will be, a 500% of increase from the current price is already good one, we need to be realistic and just not only rely with our imagination a lot, consider this as our savings for the future and we should be happy once we see any increase of our investment.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!

Ive been thinking if it went into very high figures i could cash out 80-90% of bitcoin and buy a house outright with no mortgage.  Is that even a good idea though? - basically 80% of networth in a house hmmm.  On the other hand i dont want to have a mortgage and im fed up with renting due to landlords, letting agents and lack of control.

I would definitely buy a house and, if possible, some land too.
While the population on Earth grows, houses and land should get more and more expensive. And it's also a shelter for you, saving you from another expenses and trouble (landlords and agents).
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Activity: 742
Hire me for your campaign management.
Many people dream about house to build or to buy their own but others till dream only because they cant afford to buy a house. If you have a 10btc above maybe its the time to wait the price of btc hit your desire price before you make a decisions to buy a house or invest it again.
But if i were you if have a 50 btc and above now you make a decision to buy a house or to build it becoz 50 btc if you converted it into cash is enough to build a house if you have own lot.
50 bitcoin are equals to 29,854 USD which it is far than enough to build or buy a house if you live in USA, as average cost for custom home building are around 304,268 USD according to home advisor. so you need 450 bitcoin more to build a comfortable house in USA.

a house are property and investing on property are pretty wise choice. you should not procrastinate it.

Your calculation is right but it is according to the current price of bitcoin, and the OP is asking that when the price of bitcoin rise up very high, I hope that in some years the price of bitcoin will be much high and hewill be able to buy a house with only a smaller amount of bitcoins.
Activity: 784
Yeah if you have bitcoin in huge amount and hold it wait for high price then you should buy a house, because bitcoin price is really going to up higher people are buying bitcoin in huge amount because present price is low to good buy bitcoin they sure that bitcoin will be going to higher sooner.

holding is good way to save+invest our money. but for growing our bitcoin, i prefered mining or trading.
we can sell at high price then buy back at low price, so we can get interest for each month
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
buying house with bitcoin is very good, but it is only good when bitcoin price reach to an higher mark. righ now bitcoin price is not that much high. but chances of growing of price is very high.
so if someone buy house with current price of bitcoin and after some time bitcoin price go up and reach to double then he will be surely regrets..
Personally I don't prefer to buy house with bitcoin if I had fiat currency.
Activity: 952
Merit: 503
Yeah if you have bitcoin in huge amount and hold it wait for high price then you should buy a house, because bitcoin price is really going to up higher people are buying bitcoin in huge amount because present price is low to good buy bitcoin they sure that bitcoin will be going to higher sooner.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006

Actually you need more than 450 since you will need to pay capital gains taxes once you convert the BTC to USD to buy the house you want... so unless you are already rich, its better to hold your BTC until they are worth millions.
Activity: 504

because We can not say when the price of bitcoin will rise and what otherwise would. we also do not know how much it costs for you to be able to buy a home. so we have to find more ways to get more Bitcoins and invest.

the main question is how much bitcoin you save at wallet??
Maybe better not to take risks on investments and try to work while on the difference in prices on the stock exchanges. It seems to me the risk, but smaller.
Investing is definitely risky but that is our only chance to earn a good amount of money and we cannot have that money if we are afraid to risk. Actually that would depend on our ambition in life and if we want to live a comfortable life then we should not rely on our jobs alone and try to risk to earn more.
yeah investment is a risky thing, but it can provide great benefits to you. the level of risk will depend on your election will choose the investment that you choose.
Activity: 588
   It's good business to buy house, rearrange it, add something new, and then sell it for more money. Youcan try to sell it for bitcoins.That sounds like great plan in my head.
   Real estates are always good investment, and in my opinion that is much more safe then bitcoins. Bad side of real estimates is that you need to pay different taxes and probably there is other monthly expenses. I don't know what is smart thing to do, if you have enough bitcoins to buy a house then you are a rich person, its stupid from us poor people to tell you what you to do, any advice from us is meaningless, if we are smart we would make a lot of money like you did.
Pages:
Jump to: