Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular? - page 15. (Read 171736 times)

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536
Never. BTC got popular among layman because of its growth rate. If its price is stable people will not take it seriously. Even now also most of the BTC users think BTC as an investment tool, not as an alternative transaction mode.
But that is not really the fault of the users, bitcoin cannot be used effectively as a currency, with fees so high, some people reporting fees as high as 80 dollars, then there is nothing to do, we only have the option of keeping our bitcoin in our wallets, or to trade that bitcoin for altcoins and try to earn profits in the market, until the issue with the fees is resolved that is all what we can do.
Bitcoin is not being sent, meaning Bitcoin is not using Bitcoin to pay a high fee. You need to pay a transfer fee even to do trading. This makes Bitcoin a passive currency, this terrible situation is against the structure of Bitcoin, for this reason people are using other coins with lower transfer fees.
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
Nowadays, bitcoin is much stronger everday because bitcoin know how to work it out and many people already trust bitcoin. Bitcoin has a good features to make people want to invest again. I think bitcoin is just warming in this year, bitcoin will rise again let us wait. Many will encourage to invest again here just wait.
Activity: 112
The advantage is that the stable price of bitcoins can be effectively circulated to speed up the cashless transactions!
Defect is: the price of the currency stability will cause some people to give up to hold the currency, because most people are in the investment, when there is no profit, in this case, many people began to look for another encryption currency, this provides them with an investment opportunity.
Activity: 160
Merit: 14
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
I think it would still be popular but not as popular as it is right now. Bitcoin still has a lot of good features that investors will find attractive. If ever bitcoin's value will become stable, the number of investors will surely fall down but still there are possibilities that some will stay. It can't be stable because bitcoin has been greatly known because of its volatile value and it helped it in becoming famous.
Activity: 140
If bitcoin had a stable price it would be popular. Even if the price is stable or not the popularity of this bitcoin is not too much popular. Because many people dont know what is bitcoin. Many people dont need to use it. Many people dont have care about bitcoin. However it is not too much popular right now in the future i think this is the most popular coin even if the coin is not stable price.

Well, you have your point. However, I think that if bitcoin is more stable, it would actually help in making it a little more popular because people wouldn't be so negative about it. I think one reason why people won't actually try their hand on cryptocurrency, or bitcoin, to be specific, ventures is because of the fact that it's unstable. Many are not risk takers when it comes to investments that they don't want to see their money go down the drain, especially if the money that they are investing are their life savings.
Activity: 352
Merit: 100
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?

Yes I rhink it will be popular but the fact that it is only containing a little amount of value, I guess it will not be broad as it is right now, the functions and transactions which was happening right now will be non-existent , cause it will rooted to our minds rhat Bitcoin is cheap, it may be less functional something like that.
I don’t think that stability suits to the bitcoin volatility is best for bitcoin as gold values get stabilized it loses its worth so for me bitcoin is good in volatile nature and stability will never bring enough profit to satisfy the investor and the matter about volatility is that it bring chances to buy and sell at the reasonable rates to get maximum out of bitcoin and I am sure bitcoin will continue its volatile nature forever to fascinate us,
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

I think if the bitcoin had a stable price. Is still popular because many people admired the capacity of the bitcoin....many people who are interisting about this kind of investment in bitcoin.
Activity: 350
Merit: 12
for me..if bitcoin had a stable price it will become more popular because people will be more encourage to join
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
If bitcoin had a stable price, it would be even more popular once people know about altcoins
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
If I think the price is unstable as it is now still popular, but for bitcoin users to panic with current prices, then you should be patient. Because someday the price will go up much higher I am still very sure.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
Never. BTC got popular among layman because of its growth rate. If its price is stable people will not take it seriously. Even now also most of the BTC users think BTC as an investment tool, not as an alternative transaction mode.
But that is not really the fault of the users, bitcoin cannot be used effectively as a currency, with fees so high, some people reporting fees as high as 80 dollars, then there is nothing to do, we only have the option of keeping our bitcoin in our wallets, or to trade that bitcoin for altcoins and try to earn profits in the market, until the issue with the fees is resolved that is all what we can do.
Activity: 224
Maybe Yes, because there were  a chances of losing its potential investors when they have known that its price falls down.Because of price unstability, this becomes a scary thing for them not to continue there investment.
Activity: 588
Merit: 257
Bitcoins limited supply and ever growing making it more and more volatile. This volatility is pushing its price higher and higher. Volatile currency markets are always liked by speculators. Some traders believe and like to invest or trade in volatile currencies. These traders are the major market movers. If we have bitcoin a stable price by removing volatility from it, its price will become stable and in that case no one will invest in bitcoin. Bitcoin`s increasing price is attracting common investors towards it. If this rise in price stops or get stable, it may reduce bitcoin`s popularity. But this will never happen now or in future.
Activity: 201

Yes I rhink it will be popular but the fact that it is only containing a little amount of value, I guess it will not be broad as it is right now, the functions and transactions which was happening right now will be non-existent , cause it will rooted to our minds rhat Bitcoin is cheap, it may be less functional something like that.
Activity: 210
Of course not, it wouldn't be popular if it had a stable price. Because if it had, investors will not recognize this coin and will stocked on its first established price.There is a possibilty that bitcoin will not be noticed if it had the same value with other coins. The only thing that matter is the prices.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 135
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
If bitcoin had a stable and stocked value i think it would not be able to catch the investors or will not be popular as now. Do you think they would invest on something that is not moving ? Growing ? And improving ? Of course not.
Activity: 53
I think it would not be that much popular anymore because bitcoin has been made more famous because of its expensive value which attracted many investors. There would be a bit of possibility that it would still be reach but I don't think it would still be on top if ever its value is stable. There's a lot more things to happen but as soon as we keep our faith in bitcoin, it will keep on growing.
Activity: 160
There's still a chance that bitcon will still be popular even though its value is stable. Its volatility is not its only strength instead bitcoin has a lot more of good features that should be appreciated. Unfortuntely, if ever bitcoin's value will be stable, it would not stand a chance anymore on becoming as popular as it is right now. It's increasing value still contributed large on its popularity.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
I'm sure that although bitcoin prices are stable but will continue to be popular, this is because many things are new and the best solution for existing transactional systems, for example is the speed of transactions, security and low cost.
If Bitcoin becomes stable, I don’t think it will be attracting investors as it does now. From what I’ve discovered, most of these big investors are into Holding, which means that they’re relying on the volatility of Bitcoin to make money, and without that volatility, having stable a price means that Investment will stay at the same amount without moving. So having a stable price don’t really sound good.
Yes it cant really be popular anymore it will really not become atracting or exciting because it has a stable price same as  the fiat it is really become ordinary digital money in the eye  of the users or maybe in all investors which lead the bitcoin to fall down .I beleieve that the most atractive  feature of bitcoin is no other tban the  price because the changing of bitcoin price is an opporunity to all investors.
Activity: 1652
Merit: 299
I'm sure that although bitcoin prices are stable but will continue to be popular, this is because many things are new and the best solution for existing transactional systems, for example is the speed of transactions, security and low cost.
If Bitcoin becomes stable, I don’t think it will be attracting investors as it does now. From what I’ve discovered, most of these big investors are into Holding, which means that they’re relying on the volatility of Bitcoin to make money, and without that volatility, having stable a price means that Investment will stay at the same amount without moving. So having a stable price don’t really sound good.
Pages:
Jump to: