Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular? - page 2. (Read 171736 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0
Yes, like in business progress if the income is increasing in an stable manner without showing moment of drop out then many will try and come-in in the business since they know it is progressive...
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
I think that popularity will decrease, but how much it is already unknown, but many will find to it another application, I would use as a savings account
Activity: 226
Maybe not among traders, but among users it will become even more popular becouse of its stability. Cos to pay with the currency which have a stable price is more comfortable, lol!
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016
I don't think so. People mostly using bitcoin because of high price and changes that helps good traders making money on it. If bitcoin had a stable price it wouldn't be popular.
That is true cause bitcoin is being used now for trades and holdings that made its so popular, for me price is like 90% of success that is why without it it would be unknow.
Activity: 224
I think that he would become more widespread than now. But many attract bitcoin so that you can earn good money on it. So-called speculators do it. Do you think it would be better if he had a stable price?
Activity: 98
Yes bitcoin still popular even the price is stable,because many people are interested  in bitcoin ,because  bitcoin help them to earn money.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
I don't think so. People mostly using bitcoin because of high price and changes that helps good traders making money on it. If bitcoin had a stable price it wouldn't be popular.
Activity: 116
The potential for growth makes Bitcoin valuable as an investment and the volatility is good for traders. If the price was consistent, Bitcoin could still be used as a method of payment or a way to send money to others.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
It is still be used every now and then , no argument there but for me if the bitcoin had more stable price , just a sec lets be all real here we know why bitcoin is popular not because of its advantage towards fiat currency its because the price is volatile thats why many people joined the hype on bitcoin not because they want to use but because they want to profit in it im not saying this to clean my hands im also one of those who have joined the hype but the thing is as i learn from it i realized what bitcoin could do to change the payment industry.
Activity: 238
For me because of its impressive spike of its price, it becomes popular. People become interested to it. If its price is stable it will still be popular but not the way it did nowaday.
Activity: 280
If the bitcoin price is stable it will be difficult to grow as it is today, when all things are full of uncertainty then this makes everyone speculate to buy bitcoin. besides, there will be no dev. who are interested in investing into bitcoin because the price is stable then everything is very predictable.
i think to stabil it would be much better if there are many countries that legalize it. because of course btc is used as currency, if for now i think more used for investment, so match with high fluctuation
For sure legalization is the best thing for bitcoin, if only one country can bitcoin as legal currency it will increase the value and the price of bitcoin for more country as well, bitcoin now is being use as an investment for a lot of people, well fluctuation will not affect the price and the value of bitcoin because I am taking the price of bitcoin as positive, increasing demand the bitcoin will be only because of the changing price of bitcoin, so for me bitcoin is decentralized currency which does not have the same value but it use to change with time and with the demand of bitcoin.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 100
If the bitcoin price is stable it will be difficult to grow as it is today, when all things are full of uncertainty then this makes everyone speculate to buy bitcoin. besides, there will be no dev. who are interested in investing into bitcoin because the price is stable then everything is very predictable.
i think to stabil it would be much better if there are many countries that legalize it. because of course btc is used as currency, if for now i think more used for investment, so match with high fluctuation
Activity: 138
Merit: 11
Well I doubt it will be as popular as it is now. Many people are using bitcoin because of its volatility. So I think if bitcoin had a stable price, the volatility users will not buy bitcoin anymore since there are many currencies that they can use for that purpose. But here is the thing, there are also people who hesitates on using bitcoin because the price is volatile, so there are chances that popularity would be restored.
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
Bitcoin as only source of income is a disaster for anyone except such person is involved in different bounty campaigns that can earn you more income and keep you busy
Activity: 882
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?

If bitcoin is stable then more people will adapting bitcoin for business, more local shop will accepting bitcoin because they can calculate their profit, if bitcoin price is unstable then it will be good for trading, so no matter what is happening -  bitcoin will be popular anyway

Probably, in that case, it would be not prohibited by many countries, and most of the people would use it as the currency that is very convenient for online operations.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
If the bitcoin price is stable then this will not make me interested in using bitcoin, there is nothing profitable if the price is stable and I do not need anything new if want to send money because Paypal is a good and secure payment system.
Nope, i think that bitcoin will be more popular and more people will get into bitcoin rather than ignoring it because bitcoin has a great idea in making payments and through blockchain which is a very easy way to make payment and if the price is stable then it will be so easy for bitcoin to be accepted by the stores as a mode of payment because they don't have to worry about the volatility.
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?

Bitcoin has been very popular so I think it will always be as long it will help us.
Activity: 80
Those investors may be the guilty of the bitcoin bubbel that made bitcoin reach 1000 dollars and then collapse into small values till it really reach the real value on the time, bitcoin could had became a bigger sucess if the price were a bit more stable, even not reaching the 1000 dollars, without be ready, nowadays we do see bitcoin has a strong support and it may change 50-100 dollars, not unrealistic values as in the past.
Activity: 507
Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
If the bitcoin price is stable then this will not make me interested in using bitcoin, there is nothing profitable if the price is stable and I do not need anything new if want to send money because Paypal is a good and secure payment system.
I think it would probably  be even more popular than it is now. Right now the majority of users use it as an investment asset and not necessairly as a payment processor. If bitcoin became stable the average consumes would be more tempted to join since the risk that is involved would be a lot smaller.
Pages:
Jump to: