Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular? - page 21. (Read 171736 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Bitcoin users are making use of the Bitcoin because of the fact that you can use it as an investment as well.bitcoin price stability most of the people used it for investment and because of this, bitcoin is gaining more popularity.
Activity: 625
Merit: 100
I think personally, if the bitcoin prices are stable, bitcoin will remain popular

Bitcoin will be popular, but will not be as popular as it is now. The popularity of bitcoin increased because of the high quantities of investors and the speculation of the price of bitcoin. These where the major reasons for the growth and popularity of bitcoin.
Activity: 266
Merit: 105
it will still be popular but if you ask that if bitcoin has a stable price ever since i think the difference in popularity will be huge since people are holding and trading bitcoin for the sole purpose of profit and transactions.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
I think that if btc would have a stable price it would be used more. In addition the main problem that it can`t be used as a payment method is it`s volatile price which they aim to fix within time.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 886
Bitcoin can either be an investment asset or a currency. If the exchange rate remains stable, then it won't be suitable for the first purpose. Who will invest in an asset whose value is not increasing? In that case, it can be used as a currency. But the time required for getting the necessary confirmations and the transaction fee must remain low.
Of course bitcoin is concidered as an investment coin because as you see, there is more than 8 year that bitcoin rises despite the falls which are solved almost immediately. But let's think on another task: Bitcoin rises and TV/Media promotes this fact + people see that they can get benefit from bitcoin - These all together makes bitcoin popular. When do people talk about USD/Euro/GBP ? When it falls. When it's stable, everyone ignores subjects about them.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 266
> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500
If the price of bitcoin will be  stable then yes it will be more popular as then more people will put their money into bitcoin and will completely believe and rely for their money to save in bitcoin wallet and will not have any fear of losing their money with volatility.
But the question is if it will has the same applications which it has now? Why people then will put their money if it will be "the same" like cash? They won't have any opportunities to earn by hodl or even trade?
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Bitcoin will be more popular since people are afraid of getting into bitcoin because of the fast changing of the price and the stable price will attract a lot of people to try bitcoin and to get into it without worrying for the losses because of the previous volatility.
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?

If the stability of bitcoin price was within this range, the price of bitcoin will not get to this high value now, which means we will be expecting this current price by 2018-2020. But with the heavy up and down fluctuation in it's price has made it to this hight.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 12
It certainly will not be like this, the thing that makes and simplify popular bitcoin is decentralization that makes people think and speculate to continue to buy bitcoin in the hope of getting profit.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 448
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
If bitcoin had experienced a stable price it would have been never be so popular as it is now. The reason people love the difference that happens regularly.
The stability of the bitcoin price depends on the amount or value, if it is stable with high value I think it will remain popular because everyone who is in bitcoin aim to get profit and if stable price of bitcoin fall or low I think it will decrease its popularity and will switch to another coin or anything that.
but what I see lately the price of bitcoin is increasing and its users are increasing, we'll see the future bitcoin situation and we always expect bitcoin prices to increase and the bitcoin price stability remains at a high value
Activity: 69
Merit: 0
It would still be popular because you can do a lot of things and they can pay you thru bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
Bitcoin can either be an investment asset or a currency. If the exchange rate remains stable, then it won't be suitable for the first purpose. Who will invest in an asset whose value is not increasing? In that case, it can be used as a currency. But the time required for getting the necessary confirmations and the transaction fee must remain low.
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
If the Bitcoin has Stable price i think  for the currencies it is impossible to have stable prices because it is very sensitive in nature but the good thing is that if the prices were stable then the bitcoin popularity will not effected by this stable price. Bitcoin is the currency which is using for many activities if the prices goes up or down i think that activities will be still at it's peak. there will be no disadvantage of this in the future.
Activity: 798
If the bitcoin price will not make anyone interested in having bitcoin, it will make bitcoin difficult to grow and accept quickly, the thing that makes bitcoin grow very fast is because bitcoin is very promising.
Activity: 143
Stable price means bitcoin will stop being attractive anymore, less risk less competition.
The more stable it is, the lesser its price becoming attractive and easy to control.
Activity: 142
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
No unstable price make bitcoin so popular many trading bitcoin for making fast money.

if bitcoin have stable price that mean this coin under control
Activity: 158
Bitcoin got so big because media is always talking about this rising and falling price Wink
Activity: 104
The only thing making Bitcoin so popular is the notion that its price can reach $100,000, $200,000 even Millions . Other than that, Bitcoin is just like any other alt who just got here first.
Activity: 424
Merit: 108
This thread was created in the wrong section. This should be in the Economics sections. Anyhow, to answer you question: A stable price would most likely end up attracting even more people to Bitcoin. One of the major 'cons' that it currently has (for people who consider joining) is that it is very volatile and that you might end up having much less money (e.g. in USD) the day after you've bought some Bitcoin.
If bitcoin has a stable price. Maybe it is not making noise worldwide because just think of it that bitcoin has a stable price. Yes it is good but it hasnt possibility that the value rises up and the bounty hunters didnt want that because theyre holding bitcoins or any tokens that theyll get by joining ICOs.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

Not bitcoin, for that pourpouse we have other less valuable coins such as Doge, if bitcoin falls below 1$ that's the end of the coin for sure.

If bitcoin is in stable price the popularity and demand in the market will be lost they will find other potential coin that can give them a high profit because people's first attractions is the exchange rate,bitcoin become popular because of it's potential and a higher price of the market that can attract more people and investor's to invest in bitcoin.

I think that will be certain, but you still do not know what other things might happen. Since bitcoin is volatile, a lot of companies and stores do not accept it as a payment, can't even be accepted as a real currency, but as a stable currency, I think it will be, it has a feature of decentralization and anonymity, I doubt people will not take that as an advantage.
Pages:
Jump to: