Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular? - page 18. (Read 171736 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 10
Bitcoin is still unknown to many. Its continuously rising price has created a news in all media`s all over the world. Most of the people started knowing bitcoins only because of its unexpectedly raised price. Bitcoin is a currency, but its use as a currency is far limited. Investors are using it as a tool of investment, its the volatile price of bitcoin that is attracting many investors towards it. If bit had a stable price it would never be so popular.
First of all bitcoin price can be stay on one place because bitcoin is fast growing currency and it’s also a digital currency its price is connected with market trade so there is no chance of it that’s its price will be drop but if its price drop so nothing will happen to bitcoin because bitcoin don’t compromise on its price some time its price will be high and sometime its price will be low so no need to worry about anything it will be still popular.
Activity: 623
Merit: 251
I guess not. Bitcoin is popular because of its high price. Thus, many people are interested in investing in bitcoin.
If the bitcoin price is stable, it might not be as popular as today. As a result,  not many people will be interested and use bitcoin
Activity: 868
Merit: 63
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
Definitely yes, the price may be stable but it will remain popular. Or maybe not? If you invest for example 100k then you will also get the same price then it would be unfair to tje investors so maybe it wouldn't popular.  But in reality, bitcoin will never be stable on what price it has. It may falls down but suddenly in reamin to its price and then grows up.
Activity: 476
Merit: 105
I think personally, if the bitcoin prices are stable, bitcoin will remain popular

If the price of Bitcoin is stable, it will become a good payment system. But it will lose popularity as a tool for investment.
Activity: 322
Merit: 105
Well, the history of this question can tell you. When bitcoin has just appeared, its price has been very stable for some time. Stable prices can not attract people's attention. Bitcoin has been paid attention to because of its super growth. This will make people follow them crazy. Man is the death of a man, and the bird is the death of a bird.

Correct, reason why there are a lot of people now get attracted to bitcoin because of the price despite of being volatile. Many investors are taking the risk. If the price is stable like there's no chance if increasing then ut won't be as popular as today.
Activity: 43
We should honestly accept the truth we and everybody attracted towards bitcoin is for its growth of bitcoin rate only rest about technology and future all are secondary only.
Activity: 798
Merit: 502
You will never see bitcoin in a stable price it will always move because people would want to sell their bitcoin whenever it hits their price target and others dump their bitcoin because they panic sell when they see everyone is selling. The market will always be like that and if ever it will be stable no one will want to trade it anymore.
Activity: 308
 bitcoin has a stable value i dont think it is very interested for people to invest into it because the price wont rise bt also wont drop so you are only changing money for a coin that not has a value the current status only the traders and investors are benefiting much.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
I dont think so , Bitcoins ability to go up and down just like any currency is one of the reason why its a univeral favorite unlike Perfect Money and the now defunct Liberty Reserve.
Activity: 3052
Merit: 685
I think if its price is stable, many will find it as a safe and long-term investment. It can completely replace gold and other storage units because it is very safe, fast and convenient. However, for investors like me, the difference between the increase and decrease of Bitcoin always attracted us, it is quite attractive.
Actually those traders are making the price to react actively, we will not reach at this level if the price is stable, we should thank for the hype because we make our journey faster and I think the trend will continue and we will surely see a good price of bitcoin but not stable like what we are expecting.
Activity: 294
Merit: 252
I think  bitcoin will be popular if the price is stable or not .Actually the volatility is one of the reasons for people and traders whoa re betting heavily on bitcoin to make huge profits ..and these huge profits is making other people to jump into trading/buying bitcoins
Activity: 163
Merit: 0
Well, the history of this question can tell you. When bitcoin has just appeared, its price has been very stable for some time. Stable prices can not attract people's attention. Bitcoin has been paid attention to because of its super growth. This will make people follow them crazy. Man is the death of a man, and the bird is the death of a bird.
Activity: 338
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
Bitcoin has been made popula because of its volatile value, removing will surely alter the result making some of the people unpatronize bitcoin. Bitcoin's value has risen a lot this year so if ever bitcoin's value is at a high rate, I think making it stable in that will surely make it popular still amidst the stable price it has. Many people are aiming for profit here so if ever they will not get it, they will not support it.
Activity: 418
Merit: 106
I don't think so. Many users and investors are here because of bitcoin's volatility so removing will surely encourage some of them to quit bitcoin since the possibility of higher profit is removed if ever. There is still a possibility that some people will patronize it but I don't think it would be as popular as it is right now if ever the value has been made stable. It will surely be below a cryptocurrency with a volatile value.
Activity: 241
I think if its price is stable, many will find it as a safe and long-term investment. It can completely replace gold and other storage units because it is very safe, fast and convenient. However, for investors like me, the difference between the increase and decrease of Bitcoin always attracted us, it is quite attractive.
Activity: 546
Merit: 256
Bitcoin is popular because of its volatility, but if the price will be stable? what will be the bitcoin excitement?what else we look for?i think if that happen There is nothing to be excited in bitcoin  .

But there are still some people who don't look excitement or fun in a currency, bitcoin is the first digital currency and i think everyone will want to take part of using it and expanding the word to the world and the other people who wants to know it.
Activity: 524
Merit: 258
In my own point of view, there is no chance that I see they will become popular again.
The special thing that the bitcoin have which the public love the most is the market value always fluctuates in the public market which the public become more responsive in all situations happen in the price.
Activity: 518
Bitcoin is popular because of its volatility, but if the price will be stable? what will be the bitcoin excitement?what else we look for?i think if that happen There is nothing to be excited in bitcoin  .
Activity: 350
Merit: 30
If it would have stable price, i don't think it would be as popular as now. Maybe there are still many user who would recognize this and use for payment etc. But not as many as now.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
I think if Bitcoin has a stable price that would be very suck because there will be no more amazing profit or insane goal target for Bitcoin anymore. Just a normal currency left.
Pages:
Jump to: