Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular? - page 24. (Read 171736 times)

Activity: 207
Merit: 10
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
we know that the currency here in our country is getting higher then it will go down,thats the point that bitcoin will be higher or it will go down so if you have a patience in life you have to wait for the right price of bitcoin..
Activity: 224
Merit: 121
Maybe its not, the traders and the bitcoiners  always check the price daily its always indemand to them so if the price became stable it would not be popular to anybody else there such no thrill to them.
Activity: 344
Merit: 105
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
So for me, on my own. I think it's a No, because bitcoin is only popular because of its volatility. If it was similar to other currencies, how would it be different then? People trade in it and hence they can earn and spend it else crypto currencies that are government owned are preferred and the value of bitcoin right now is very high and it is still increasing over time. No one expected for the price to reach this high and if the value is stable, some will surely leave..
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Where is the fun in stable price? Bitcoin is fun and all the retards think they can make money with it. That is why it is popular.
Activity: 672
Merit: 526
As traders, I will not get attracted when the bitcoin will be stable. There's no thrill nor excitement in the price. Traders like the prices that
 fluctuates because this is the nature of economy. If it will get stable no investors will be interested. Investors and traders like to.play the
prices in the market. So if the bitcoin price will be stable, bitcoin will not get popular. Bitcoin will always be bitcoin like the other currency.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
I think it won't be as popular as it is at this moment. Its volatility is also where investors of Bitcoin earn huge profit. And if it will have a stable market value, it will not be a more special currency than typical digital currencies and regular currency. Its volatility is what makes it not only as a currency but also a good investment where an investor would earn huge profit. I am not sure about it but this is just my opinion.
Is there comes such sort of situation that we experience a stable market price of bitcoin, then there are chances that bitcoin will lose its popularity. The only thing which is helping bitcoin in this much boost is none other than that of increasing market value of bitcoin and that too in just a very short span of time. Investors are only investing in bitcoin because they know it will make them rich.
Almost the people are greedy. It's the nature of the human, so, there are have many people invested into Bitcoin for speculative. They thought Bitcoin is a currency always increases in the value, they don't know the reason made the price of Bitcoin increased high price at current. Just by some rumor and the profits of others made them become the speculators.
Activity: 994
Merit: 256
I think it won't be as popular as it is at this moment. Its volatility is also where investors of Bitcoin earn huge profit. And if it will have a stable market value, it will not be a more special currency than typical digital currencies and regular currency. Its volatility is what makes it not only as a currency but also a good investment where an investor would earn huge profit. I am not sure about it but this is just my opinion.
Is there comes such sort of situation that we experience a stable market price of bitcoin, then there are chances that bitcoin will lose its popularity. The only thing which is helping bitcoin in this much boost is none other than that of increasing market value of bitcoin and that too in just a very short span of time. Investors are only investing in bitcoin because they know it will make them rich.
Activity: 644
if bitcoin has a stable price it will definitely remain popular because bitcoin is now priced up again very high probably so will continue to remain popular if bitcoin prices are stable
After the media showed and informed the public about the increase in prices for Bitcoin, its popularity increased in arithmetic progression and I think that this potential will continue.
Activity: 269
if bitcoin has a stable price it will definitely remain popular because bitcoin is now priced up again very high probably so will continue to remain popular if bitcoin prices are stable
Activity: 1638
Merit: 278

If bitcoin has a stable price around 25000$ it will become more popular but if the price has fall down to less than 2000$ i think everybody will try to look for another coin who have big potential to grow. So it will be really difficult for bitcoin to maintain its reputation.
I don’t think so it will be remain popular because price really matter here and that’s  only the price which make bitcoin more strong and stable in market so I believe that there is no chance of it that’s bitcoin price will stay remain on one place because it a digital currency with high price and its demand is high so for sure its price will go more high and if the price sty remain on one place so it can lose its value with bitcoin don’t want so its price ill always go high.
Activity: 448

I really don't think so. What people like about bitcoin best is the fact that they are able to utilize it's volatility as an investment, whereby they are able to earn a lot of money. So, when bitcoin's price becomes stable then people will tend to look for a different coin that is also as volatile as bitcoin right now.
Have you ever thought about where does that money comes from and why is bitcoin valuable coin? Think the same about gold too. We, people determine bitcoin's price and this depends on how valuable does this coin is for us because there is nothing behind bitcoin + it's virtual thing. Gold is nothing too, people just made it valuable thing because it was hard to mine and it was even hardly findable in future. Talk about this will make it very, very long post, so I hope you understand my idea, bitcoin isn't like invest and sit, we have to be active in using it.
But accept the fact that there are still people who do hoard lots of bitcoin which it doesnt tend to make use of it which would add up on the circulation for more progress and development into bitcoin. Popularity came from its feature which is a decentralized stuff and popularity because of its money making opportunities this is the reason why and talking about price stability if this thing would happen then expect popularity would really be lessen up because traders or investors will really jump out into another volatile thing because if the price is stable then making money out of it is really very hard or not already available.
I think bitcoin is still struggling for its high price now a days there is no chance for bitcoin price stability because its demand is going more high and it’s still not reached t many countries when bitcoin reached to everywhere and its users join bitcoin around the world so then may be there can be chance that bitcoin price can be stable because when one country join bitcoin so it increase its price so bitcoin price is going more high in coming time.
Activity: 907

I really don't think so. What people like about bitcoin best is the fact that they are able to utilize it's volatility as an investment, whereby they are able to earn a lot of money. So, when bitcoin's price becomes stable then people will tend to look for a different coin that is also as volatile as bitcoin right now.
Yah, very well said my friend me too not clear about that which characteristic of Bitcoin people like most. Bitcoin has its own unique features and people automatically took interest into it. Because its world number one currency. Some investors are risk taker or some has defensive policy. So it’s does not matter that either its price is fix or variable it definitely profitable in every time. Bitcoin in any shape of investment will give profit.
Activity: 161
Merit: 100
No, i think that the main reason why people come to bitcoin is because of it's purpose as an investment, in order for them to make money from holding the coins for a long time. If bitcoin stayed at a relatively stable price, people would leave for other coins, because Bitcoin is not suitable anymore for a currency due to it's transaction problems. They would probably seek out other altcoins such as Ether and LTC.
Activity: 1036
I think it will not be popular cause it have been advertised to our country that bitcoin reaches into $17000.
Mate the main thing which is giving bitcoin more popularity is its prices because people are now concerned to it that bitcoin can give them millions in smaller time and this is the reason that everyone is investing in it, in my region bitcoin is much popular now because now people are very sure that they will get more than you expect and all other investments are losing their importance so for us bitcoin will stay at top.
Activity: 798
Merit: 505
If the price is stable then there is no difference with paypal, payza, skrill and so on, as we know that most users buy bitcoin because the price keeps rising and think that the future will continue to improve, if the price is fixed then no one wants to stock up to thousands or millions of dollars.

Still it is the best among the most when it comes to the fast transactions and also the anonymous of the user in bitcoin but still i do agree, volatile price that keeps on rising is one of the characteristics of the bitcoin that could make us invest to it. We all know that over the time the price is keep rising so it would make the bitcoin popular.

On the other hand if the price is stable, i think it is not popular but still there will be users of it because of the easy transactions of it.
Activity: 338
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies
The volatility of bitcoin is one of the main reason why it ended up being popularized all over the world. Now, if the value of bitcoin is going to be stable, there is a large possibility that it will not be patronized anymore by a lot of people. They are here in bitcoin because they are hoping to become rich with the help of the increasing value so removing will surely reduce some users and investors.
Activity: 395
No I don't think that if bitcoin price was stable then it would not have been this much popular as the main reason for the hype of news on bitcoins world wide is the huge leap of bitcoins price in the crypto market, which is attracting more bitcoin user's and the demand is increasing for bitcoins which is one the reason for the increase in the price of bitcoins. The bitcoin network always proves to be the best investment as we will be able to get more profits if we get to invest in the bitcoin network due to increase in price of bitcoins.
Activity: 418
Merit: 106
I don't think it would be so much popular nowadays if the value of bitcoin is stable. There are a lot of investors here who went running over bitcoin because of its volatility while the others went here for convenience. The value of bitcoin right now is very high and it is still increasing over time. No one expected for the price to reach this high and if the value is stable, some will surely leave.
Activity: 896
If the price is stable then there is no difference with paypal, payza, skrill and so on, as we know that most users buy bitcoin because the price keeps rising and think that the future will continue to improve, if the price is fixed then no one wants to stock up to thousands or millions of dollars.
Activity: 196
yes it will be, as long as bitcoin's price is so expensive it will always be popular but with regards to stability i think the approach will become different than when it is volatile, it might be use as a standard value for other things and most certainly is we can pay using bitcoins Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: