Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular? - page 51. (Read 171736 times)

Activity: 291
Merit: 119
No, if bitcoin had a stable price, it wouldn't be as popular as it is now, because it wouldn't be much interesting for people to use bitcoins. Its fluctuating value makes it extremely enticing to use.
Activity: 238
Merit: 101
Great discussion so far, this is a very interesting and important question.

Currently BTC is popular due to the increasing price and interesting technology with a possibility to mine and trade the coin. Currently, I would see this as an adaptation phase, as everything which will have a huge impact on the population, needs to get accepted by the people first. For this, its voice have to be heard, which is the current process and price speculation. Hence, it is normal, that the price fluctuates with a long vision of a stable price sometime in the future, when the coin is accepted and available for everyone is the public.
Activity: 318
Merit: 100
If Bitcoin really stabilizes a price, I think it will not be as attractive anymore. Because most people investing in Bitcoin want their prices to increase or decrease in order to have the opportunity to earn a profit from that price difference.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059
it really is unattainable to have a secure price, not even euro or greenback have steady price, there is often swing right here and ther,e that is regular, probably bitcoin ought to not be influenced so significantly by negative news this ought to be true

You are correct on your statement, no currency can have a stable value, but if you compare the volatility of strong fiat like euro or dollar to bitcoin volatility, then they will of course look stable to you. If you compare bitcoin to gold, then gold looks stable as well. I think this was the stability that the OP was mentioning. Right now, there are a lot of money from traders coming in, and what they love is volatility. They don't care if the price is going up or down, what they love are those swings in the price, because they can make money out of it. Bitcoin will get less attractive to them if it gets stable, but they also trade in forex, so I don't think they will completely lose interest. Even if they don't trade, they can use it for hedge, like they do with gold and other stable assets, so they will continue using bitcoin.

On the other hand, if BTC is stable, then merchants will be able to use it as a currency and sell their goods for it, so when BTC gets stable, we could actually see an increase in interest. Assuming regulation went well, and scalability was solved.
Activity: 230
Merit: 250
Yes bitcoin will still be popular since there are still a lot of people investing in bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Since bitcoins can be mined online by using a personalized mining rig many people will still invest a lot because the return is also big. And since bitcoins are used by a growing number of people the popularity of bitcoin will remain.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
it really is unattainable to have a secure price, not even euro or greenback have steady price, there is often swing right here and ther,e that is regular, probably bitcoin ought to not be influenced so significantly by negative news this ought to be true
Activity: 306
Yes I think so because still it has its common uses like fast money transfers, it would be still decentralized so less fees. And also, banks and other people who are scared volatility will no longer see bitcoin as a danger for noobs, so I think they will gonna recommend it to their friends or family. But despite of all those things, I don't think that the business are the same still. This kind of coin I think Is best fit for a central bank issued cryptocurrencies if you removed the volatility.
Activity: 952
Merit: 516
If the bitcoin price is stable then it will be difficult to compete with the existing ones ie paypal, web money, payza and so on, I too would not be interested to invest bitcoin because there is no hope of getting profit.
I guess the price is not going to be stable, people love to jump when there is a good news and panic when there is a bad news so it will
only make the price more volatile, we can see a lot of that as bitcoin continue to exist.

It's going to be stable, eventually but only if people start using it as a real currency, 99% of bitcoin holders right now are not using bitcoin as currency, they use it as investment and speculation, everyone is buy and selling bitcoins like they are shares of stock.
Activity: 28
It would be great for businesses and men and women who use as signifies of payment, but probably not for traders, as someone said.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 252
If bitcoin will be stable and the value is not increasing or decreasing then there will be no more traders instead scammers. A stable price for bitcoin will never happen since the rate of the currency is depending on the supply and demand in the market.

Really, everyone will never be interested in using bitcoin, of course the other options which like Paypal or webmoney is better because it has cooperated with many banks. bitcoin will not be used if the price is stable.
Activity: 560
Merit: 286
yes as long as it becomes a place to look for profits for that bitcoin will be popular even though the price is stable, because the man who think is profit is not a matter of stable or unstable, which is important profits ...
If the prices of bit coin remain stable for few months then it will be just like gold and the investors will withdraw their funds from it as they are always looking for earning and with stable earning the can never put their money idle. But for saving people it will be as popular as it is today.

Because the people who are thinking of saving never try to spend or invest his funds for earning but they just want to put his money away from them.
Activity: 20
bitcoin even now well-liked if bitcoin experienced a secure price tag, because all altcoins basic charge follow with bitcoin. and altcoins will change their charge with bitcoin charge. like now, numerous altcoin has acquiring pump and dump, the marketplace mentioned up, and the charge stick to up. i feel the rate of bitcoin will be secure for now, never know about next 7 days.
legendary
Activity: 988
Merit: 1000
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
No I don't think that bitcoin would be popular if it had a stable price, as it is mostly used by investors and traders and also speculators, so if bitcoin had a stable price then they would have lost interest and bitcoin would haven't been so popular.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 168
I'm not sure bitcoin will remain popular if the price is stable. because the current of bitcoin is the fluctuating value. sometimes up, sometimes also dropped dramatically. so if the price of bitcoin is stable then will you keep using bitcoin?
For some people it will be the end of his game in bit coin but on other hands it will be good source of saving like gold or saving account in banks. But I think its price is just like stock exchange shares prices as these prices are never become stable because of the buying and selling of the investors.

If the buying selling operation vanished from the open market then its prices will stuck on one place which is no possible.
Activity: 378
ADAB ADAB ADAB ADAB
If bitcoin will be stable and the value is not increasing or decreasing then there will be no more traders instead scammers. A stable price for bitcoin will never happen since the rate of the currency is depending on the supply and demand in the market.
Activity: 686
Merit: 277
yes obviously of course, with bitcoin price stability then the possibility of the future bitcoin will be more popular and growing also forward
I am believing that price will become stable, the price movement is solely based on the supply and demand and when people are holding while transactions are growing then we will still gonna see the same status again and again. We investors are after of a price increase and we will be happy if the price will continue to rise, the same with trader because they want to find good opportunity to trade when the price moves regularly.
There is only one thing which has played a major role in providing this much fame to bitcoin and that is none other the tremendous increase in the market price of bitcoin in such a short period of time. It is neither possible for bitcoin to become stable nor lose its popularity. Bitcoin will keep on increasing in very similar fashion as we have seen in past.
The continuously increasing prices of bitcoin has make it this much famous around the world. the reason why bitcoin has left gold behind in the race of most profitable investment is just because of this reason that gold has very stable prices whereas people want to be rich in short time.

Bitcoin has unstable prices which give people opportunity of cashing them out when they are pumping.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 647
If the bitcoin price is stable then it will be difficult to compete with the existing ones ie paypal, web money, payza and so on, I too would not be interested to invest bitcoin because there is no hope of getting profit.
I guess the price is not going to be stable, people love to jump when there is a good news and panic when there is a bad news so it will
only make the price more volatile, we can see a lot of that as bitcoin continue to exist.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 301
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?

In my opinion, I think it would still be popular because the risk of losing money with bitcoin would no longer be an issue. Sure we get excited when the value goes soaring high but the possibility of depreciation is always present as well. With a stable value, holding on or selling your bitcoin would no longer be the toughest decision you’d have to make.
Activity: 588
Merit: 253
Activity: 13
I think that the deflating nature is a feature that mostly attracts newcomers, when they see the growth volume. However, the true uniqueness of bitcoin is the blockchain and all features related to it.
Pages:
Jump to: