Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular? - page 55. (Read 171736 times)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10
When the time comes that the price of the Bitcoin become stable it will be more popular and more adoptors bitcoins will come.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 250
If bitcoin had a stable price it would be popular. Even if the price is stable or not the popularity of this bitcoin is not too much popular. Because many people dont know what is bitcoin. Many people dont need to use it. Many people dont have care about bitcoin. However it is not too much popular right now in the future i think this is the most popular coin even if the coin is not stable price.
I disagree, like the other users said, if bitcoin had a stable price, it would not attract people to it. As a matter of fact, bitcoin price is valuable and it must be fought for. It is like gold; worthy and valuable. That is why it is not stable. However, it surely would be popular too. And yes, it will be more popular in the future because more people and more countries will recognize it.

The popularity would surely go down from a investors point of view or for the investors. But the price won't be hundred percent stable, the volatility might get reduced, so the popularity will sill persist, and moreover many uses it as a transaction option, so even if the price becomes stable popularity won't die.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?

Of course. I think bitcoin is not popular just because it's expensive. but also their technology, such as anonymous and decentralized systems. it makes everyone love bitcoin.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
Bitcoin is already popular, if ever it may had a stable price,  it is still popular, but maybe not as popular as today. but i can feel it will not happen to have a stable value. It must be in its value now with a changing value. In this way, it becomes a more popular in the world. And I am hoping it will happen for the future.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 342
Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly
If bitcoin had a stable price it would be popular. Even if the price is stable or not the popularity of this bitcoin is not too much popular. Because many people dont know what is bitcoin. Many people dont need to use it. Many people dont have care about bitcoin. However it is not too much popular right now in the future i think this is the most popular coin even if the coin is not stable price.
I disagree, like the other users said, if bitcoin had a stable price, it would not attract people to it. As a matter of fact, bitcoin price is valuable and it must be fought for. It is like gold; worthy and valuable. That is why it is not stable. However, it surely would be popular too. And yes, it will be more popular in the future because more people and more countries will recognize it.
Activity: 214
Merit: 20
Bitcoin will be popular even the price is stable. There are lot's of benefits we can gain in bitcoin. We can use it in our daily life, like buying goods or product online, paying bills through bitcoin and can also serves as our saving and investment. We can also get extra income with bitcoin.
Activity: 882
Merit: 506
This thread was created in the wrong section. This should be in the Economics sections. Anyhow, to answer you question: A stable price would most likely end up attracting even more people to Bitcoin. One of the major 'cons' that it currently has (for people who consider joining) is that it is very volatile and that you might end up having much less money (e.g. in USD) the day after you've bought some Bitcoin.

I think it can be in this section since it talks about the stability of Bitcoin's economy.

Bitcoin will not be as popular as it is if it had a stable price to begin with. For one, it will not be as attractive as it is today because it is high risk yet offers only stability. (This stability, as we all should ought to know, refers to something intangible. Thus, stability in this sense is a misnomer because there are higher chances that the money you put in will be put to naught.)   
rfj
Activity: 214
I don't think bitcoin will be popular if the price is stable in $0.01-0.10, aren't you agreed that bitcoin's popularity are caused by the changing of it's price? I am attracted in bitcoin because of it's massive changes when it comes to its value.
Activity: 952
Merit: 500
If bitcoin had a stable price,then traders who make profits with the difference in bitcoin price would start losing interest as they would not be getting enough profits.

Also,people who mostly buy bitcoins nowadays as an investment due to its increasing price would stop buying it as it would be of no use for them if bitcoin price gets stable.

On the other hand,retailers would readily start accepting bitcoins as payment since they were very much concerned about bitcoin's volatility these much days.Also,many countries which have not yet legalized bitcoin due to its volatility would start legalizing it.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 536
I think the price of bitcoin is better fixed. Investors get mad at me. Because I am an investor. If the price of the bitcoin is fixed, the payment method will be improved. Was not Bitcoin's intention to exist?
Activity: 256
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?

I think no, because bitcoin become popular because of ots rate that change everyday. Sometimes up and sometimes down. It is also popular bacausw it is expensive. It will never be stable because the who manage it are different.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
I believe that bitcoin with a stable price will not be so popular. I use it mainly to make money at a price increase and stable bitcoin is just not needed to me like most users.
Bitcoin become only popular because of its price that is continuously growing and how bitcoin is advantage in the current fiat money. It is a guarantee that if bitcpins is stable it will not be popular and not like on these days price equivalent.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Bitcoin will still be popular. Because with an unstable price is also popular, especially with a stable price?
Most likely if bitcoin prices stable will attract more people to bitcoin. One of the major 'cons' you have today (because people are considering joining) is that it's very unstable and you may have less money (say in USD) a day after you buy Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1876
If it wpuld stabilize then it wpuld be much more popular since people would be much more confident to store their assets in Bitcoin since they don't have that fear that one day it will just dump hence the value of their Bitcoin holdings will drop but with stabilization then it simply means it has a good market support.
Activity: 243
Blockchain with solar energy
I believe that bitcoin with a stable price will not be so popular. I use it mainly to make money at a price increase and stable bitcoin is just not needed to me like most users.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
I'm not sure bitcoin will remain popular if the price is stable. because the current of bitcoin is the fluctuating value. sometimes up, sometimes also dropped dramatically. so if the price of bitcoin is stable then will you keep using bitcoin?
Becoming stable is very far from that because bitcoin isn't controlled from someone. Only the demand and supply that makes bitcoin flow in the market that's why isn't possible to become stable. Everytime we've have experience fluctuation of bitcoin price and thats because of having changes in demand and supply in the market.
Indeed, the price of bitcoin will never become stable because there is no one that can manage to make it stable and control the market since it is decentralized and a lot of people know that bitcoin is only up to the law of the demand and supply and the only thing that we can do is either keep complaining for the volatility or take action to make it as an advantage to make money out of it.
Activity: 700
Merit: 117
I'm not sure bitcoin will remain popular if the price is stable. because the current of bitcoin is the fluctuating value. sometimes up, sometimes also dropped dramatically. so if the price of bitcoin is stable then will you keep using bitcoin?
Becoming stable is very far from that because bitcoin isn't controlled from someone. Only the demand and supply that makes bitcoin flow in the market that's why isn't possible to become stable. Everytime we've have experience fluctuation of bitcoin price and thats because of having changes in demand and supply in the market.
Activity: 168
I pretty much think that would be the case since superstitious people won't be afraid of it anymore specially the elderly who spent a life time gathering funds and will be too afraid to invest in it or even use it . So volatility will be off the table and people will gain more trust in bitcoin and thus it will be spread much more in the world .
legendary
Activity: 1106

hmmm to investors like me bitcoins volatility is its strongest characteristic in my opinion
but if bitcoin would have a stable price i guess it would be in consideration to be accepted as a valid payments for services and items widely.
so yeah i think it woulld still be popular

Once btc became stable,we don't know where we can earn, volatility is the reason of the holdlers and traders why they earn,the famous buy low,sell at high
Don't expect it will be stable as it's far from happening, bitcoin has limited supply and with the increasing demand we can surely see
some price surge. These traders will take the opportunity to buy and sell with the nature of the market, if w are smart we can surely make money with trading.
Activity: 602
Merit: 259

Well, dollar is still popular and guess what it is being used since many decades and people aren't tired of it. The reason is simple here, you have an asset or thing which carries value which you can use to buy things, products, services etc. I believe at the time of bitcoin having stable price it could have still be used as asset for storing the fiat currency and also shop and buy stuff online. At that time impleneation of it in the merchant store could have been more easy as it carries the equal amount everywhere so there won't be problem of deciding how much to send or trade with merchants.

Furthermore, bitcoin could have increased its value more than sufficient as people wouldn't have gone crazy about selling their coins when the price dump occurs. ;-) Due to that fact people will keep buying and thus the prices will hike like anything. May be this kind of scenario could have happened earlier.

Pages:
Jump to: