Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular? - page 64. (Read 171736 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 100
there is so much people interested with bitcoin because it's phenomenon of how the price is goes high and higher every year, if the price stable that maybe happening when the market boring because you know the stock of bitcoin will reduce every a period, bitcoin will be less popular, maybe people will move to another popular crypto like ETH maybe as a reference
Activity: 3038
Merit: 647
The extreme volatility of bitcoin made it attractive to speculators wanting a big return in their investment. It allowed wealth creation for traders that knew how to exploit it. If it ever to become stable and maybe one day it will then it is going to be just one of the many available asset to be traded with and traders looking for more volatility will shift to other coins.
That’s crystal clear volatility is playing significant role in the promotion and popularity of bitcoins. The volatile nature of bitcoins has provided people with opportunities of earning great profits are short time. People were always longing for an investment which increases their capital manifolds and bitcoins are doing very thing.
Therefore you do not only invest for long term but also take the opportunity to trade regularly since the price is volatile.
Master trading by learning on your mistakes and you will be happy doing your job, it's actually better than working because even if there is
a big risk in trading but with great skills you can achieve your dreams easily.
Activity: 980
Merit: 506
The extreme volatility of bitcoin made it attractive to speculators wanting a big return in their investment. It allowed wealth creation for traders that knew how to exploit it. If it ever to become stable and maybe one day it will then it is going to be just one of the many available asset to be traded with and traders looking for more volatility will shift to other coins.
That’s crystal clear volatility is playing significant role in the promotion and popularity of bitcoins. The volatile nature of bitcoins has provided people with opportunities of earning great profits are short time. People were always longing for an investment which increases their capital manifolds and bitcoins are doing very thing.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
That of course! If bitcoin has a stable price it will be more popular. Bitcoin players will be less worried about price fluctuations. Stability helps you believe bitcoin and choose how much you will invest. I also hope the bitcoin market is stable.
We can reach to that point where the price of bitcoin is stable and also the market is stable because if we are going to have more and more people to invest in bitcoin then it is automatically a high chance for us to experience stability because the supply will get well distributed for different people and they will hold their coins and that will result for having stability.
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
That of course! If bitcoin has a stable price it will be more popular. Bitcoin players will be less worried about price fluctuations. Stability helps you believe bitcoin and choose how much you will invest. I also hope the bitcoin market is stable.
Activity: 434
in my opinion bitcoin will continue to be popular even though the price is stable of course because the value of bitcoin is so high that the popularity is not likely to go down because of price stability
Activity: 1400
Merit: 269
Even other resources such as gold, oil or dollars doesn't always go up and sometimes the price drops. Bitcoin is also the same the price doesn't go up forever sometimes it dips but this is only natural for a currency cause you can buy and sell more bitcoins in order to make profit when price is high and you have bought lots of bitcoin you sell those and re buy in the next dip. Volatility is natural to any resources would you consider this a loss or mae this a chance to make profit ?
Activity: 686
Merit: 107
I think not, it is what made bitcoin popular. There are many digital currencies other than bitcoin, and if it will have a stable price, people will end up investing to other crypto currencies which will lead to the fall of bitcoin.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
The stable price of bitcoin will not be of interest to me as to many of its owners. This will lead to its collapse, because it will become a simple e-currency without hope for a rich future.

no there will still be interest if the price is stable, it will be for a stable currency not controlled by any government
of course even though bitcoin prices become stable though, there will still be bitcoin enthusiasts who will come and survive. after all even though the bitcoin price is stable even if you can still make a profit from investing in bitcoin, but it will be a bit long time to wait
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
The stable price of bitcoin will not be of interest to me as to many of its owners. This will lead to its collapse, because it will become a simple e-currency without hope for a rich future.

no there will still be interest if the price is stable, it will be for a stable currency not controlled by any government
Activity: 1190
Merit: 500
I don't know what the bitcoin will be if the bitcoin had stable price but I think the bitcoin will not become popular. All of the people who are in this cryptocurrency world entered because of the bitcoin. The price is really matter.
fluctuations are the cornerstone of bitcoin investments. one can benefit quickly because of the very fast price changes of bitcoin. the possibility that when the bitcoin price is stable is the popularity of bitcoin will decrease but it will not kill bitcoin because of course investors can still get a profit even if the price is stable. but of course they have to be a little patient as price changes will not be as fast as fluctuations
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
🌟 eSports ICO: 01/11/2017 🌟
Activity: 229
Merit: 108
For me it still depends on the movement of the price of bitcoin and stock of it on the market. Because even if the price is stable there are some cases that changes and development would affect the rate of the price of bitcoin where it can still experience the scarcity in terms of it stock. And I also believe on bitcoin development and growth on its price and value where it could give people profit and investment so the movement of price of bitcoin is quite a vital thing for its popularity.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
Whatever happens to bitcoin is either stable or not. I'm sure, bitcoin remains popularly used as a payment option. Even if bad conditions occur, then bitcoin can be used as a companion fiat for community to perform financial activities.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
well i guess its a no, we all know that bitcoin is known as the highest value in the cryptocurrency, so it will not be popular if the price of it is stable like a paper money, and also there are no altcoins now if bitcoin has stable price.
I don't think that there is a direct connection for altcoin and the stability of the price of bitcoin because even though bitcoin has a stable price, we can still trade altcoins because they have their own basis for their price and that is supply and demand of their own cryptocurrency and bitcoin will become more popular if it has a stable price because a lot of business will become comfortable in accepting it.
Activity: 952
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
well i guess its a no, we all know that bitcoin is known as the highest value in the cryptocurrency, so it will not be popular if the price of it is stable like a paper money, and also there are no altcoins now if bitcoin has stable price.
Activity: 2576
Merit: 666
I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.
I don't think so. Yet it is a positive thing for Bitcoin but as we can see, investors especially those who are buying bitcoin are making huge profit out of its volatility. Such that, they will buy Bitcoin when there are dumps or whenever the price is low then they will hold it for a period of time, and will only sell it during the pumps or whenever the price is high. This is also a factor that some investors are interested of. So I'm not sure if it will be more popular, but one things's for sure ,it will still be popular.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
Bitcoin is becoming mainstream because (thanks? ) to its price.
Less people would talk about crypto if price were stable.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
Nope. Interest would die off. Most are here for the prospect of price movement. I doubt usage would increase as the cost and inconvenience of obtaining them is always going to be with us.

The interest of traders would die off, that's right, but I don't think that most Bitcoin holders are traders nowadays. Times have changed since mostly traders were the people who were interested in Bitcoin. These days people invest in Bitcoin and hold doing nothing more. For those people the fluctuations of the price don't matter. The only thing they care about is rising of the price with time to be in profit in the long term.
Activity: 630
Merit: 263
The stability of bitcoin will only do him good. Yes at first it will scare away speculators and after the withdrawal of their capital from the bitcoin price may fall heavily, but for currency it is not important. The predictability and lack of inflation will quickly attract other users and we will see a completely different bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: