Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular? - page 66. (Read 171736 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 121
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?

What do u mean by stable as in unchanging or constant? Even dollar price is not stable but still dependable. Bitcoin's been in roller coaster but now still at its peak.
Activity: 910
Merit: 502
Most of peoplw who invest in btc and other altcoins are expecting for an increase in price. Trading is one of the things that make BTC popular so it wouldn't be if it's stable.
yes i agree the price of bitcoin is the most exciting price that can increase anytime i think if it is stable  bitcoin could not be popular.
Yes, the unstable price of bitcoins has made them so popular around the globe. Due to fluctuating prices, bitcoins are able to achieve highest values in the history of crypto market. Stability of bitcoins will drastically decrease the bitcoin fans. I am also investing into bitcoins because I know in the next pump; I will be having huge capital.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?

Well, I guess btc will still be popular even at a stable price. Usually, investors are looking for stability before they invest so I'm sure that btc will not lose an investor. Though, it being unstable is a great factor that attracts more people into it especially traders. It will still be popular even if the value is stable but not so much as popular as it is today. So I'd still go with unstable since it is the very reason why it got so popular that most people are eager to have their own btc.
i don't think so, i think it will lose ts popularity and most of the people goes toward other crypto to gain profit and in the mean of trading. the beauty of bitcoin is that its price is keeps on changing and from the day it has started it is going high and high and that is thing that a lot of people and investors coming towards it in the sake of profit.
- I agree with you, investors focus more on bitcoin because the price of bitcoin is always changing, that makes them make more money. If bitcoin has a stable price, they will not earn money and bitcoin will be like gold, they will eventually get rid of it and seek out new investments
- In addition, bitcoin is a place for whales to make money, they will not let the price of the bitcoin stabilize, they will always pump strong or dump strong to make money with bitcoin, wanting the price of bitcoin stable is an impossible thing

Yeah I think investors will lose their interest in bitcoin if bitcoin prices stabilize because their purpose of investing in bitcoin is one of fluctuation. if bitcoin prices become stable maybe many of them will go away because they do not find profits quickly anymore. Maybe they will choose gold because it is safer than bitcoin

Agreed with you, mostly traders will suffer as there will be less movement in the price; hence, there will be less opportunities to make the profits if the price of the bitcoins became stable. On the other hand, it will attract new investors who are looking for the long term investment.
Activity: 429
Merit: 100
I think it depends on the user. If the user is more into investing, it won't be popular since they are making profit of of its volatility such as buying during the dumpa and selling during the pumps. It will be more popular to people that are ewrning profit in mining, trading and campaigns. Because highly stable price will give them more profit.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
no i dont think if bitcoin had a stable price then it would have been this popular also then it will not be used this much because the main reason people use bitcoin is to make money and to get profit. making profit by using bitcoin would not have been possible if its value would have been stable. so it would have lead to decrease in popularity and usage of bitcoin. bitcoin's instability is its strongest and weakest point because on one hand people use it for profit which comes from its increasing value and on other hand there are people who don't trust bitcoin bitcoin because of its instability.
Activity: 336
Merit: 252
I think it would probably  be even more popular than it is now. Right now the majority of users use it as an investment asset and not necessairly as a payment processor. If bitcoin became stable the average consumes would be more tempted to join since the risk that is involved would be a lot smaller.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
https://saturn.black
Stable bitcoin will not be of interest to anyone. It is used only because of the opportunity to earn as an investment investment. Without a price increase, it will simply be an e-currency that is banned in many countries.
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
Several people does use bitcoin as store of value, if it were stable people could use it as savings, but the big part interested into bitcoin and whales does love its volatilaty, where anybody can be able to make huge loads of money, crypto needs those up and downs and this is what is bringing new investors and supporters over crypto, and the dream to became rich.
YGM
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
I don't think so, because most attractive part of bitcoin is its value and now a days as it is increasing, it is attracting most of the people to invest or trade with bitcoin to make huge profits.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 584
Most of peoplw who invest in btc and other altcoins are expecting for an increase in price. Trading is one of the things that make BTC popular so it wouldn't be if it's stable.
yes i agree the price of bitcoin is the most exciting price that can increase anytime i think if it is stable  bitcoin could not be popular.
I also agree with your opinion, if bitcoin prices stable bitcoin may not be popular because nowadays bitcoin so popular  because the price is getting up and could provide a major advantage, if the price is stable can we get profit from it ?
I think the stability of the bitcoin cannot affect the popularity and the price of the bitcoin because the price of the bitcoin is already very high but the instability is also a quality of the bitcoin so it is good for bitcoin to be unstable, the price of the bitcoin attracts a lot of people towards it and it is increasing the popularity as well so unstable bitcoin is more popular than the stable one can be.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

Well, I guess btc will still be popular even at a stable price. Usually, investors are looking for stability before they invest so I'm sure that btc will not lose an investor. Though, it being unstable is a great factor that attracts more people into it especially traders. It will still be popular even if the value is stable but not so much as popular as it is today. So I'd still go with unstable since it is the very reason why it got so popular that most people are eager to have their own btc.
i don't think so, i think it will lose ts popularity and most of the people goes toward other crypto to gain profit and in the mean of trading. the beauty of bitcoin is that its price is keeps on changing and from the day it has started it is going high and high and that is thing that a lot of people and investors coming towards it in the sake of profit.
- I agree with you, investors focus more on bitcoin because the price of bitcoin is always changing, that makes them make more money. If bitcoin has a stable price, they will not earn money and bitcoin will be like gold, they will eventually get rid of it and seek out new investments
- In addition, bitcoin is a place for whales to make money, they will not let the price of the bitcoin stabilize, they will always pump strong or dump strong to make money with bitcoin, wanting the price of bitcoin stable is an impossible thing

Yeah I think investors will lose their interest in bitcoin if bitcoin prices stabilize because their purpose of investing in bitcoin is one of fluctuation. if bitcoin prices become stable maybe many of them will go away because they do not find profits quickly anymore. Maybe they will choose gold because it is safer than bitcoin
Activity: 830
Merit: 258
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
It can stay popular, to get that point bitcoin need to have a better Market cup then it is right now, maybe after that if people wouldbe satisfied by the price it can stabalize. I will be more more motivated if it would grow up in price, a lot of altcoins have that stable price point but they dont have that popularity as coins which can grow and have perspective
Activity: 531
Merit: 258
A stable value or not won't make Bitcoin more popular as it is today. It depends on people using it, places to spend it and so on... If there are n more solutions more easy to use, people will still be worried to use it. There are lot of people who know what Bitcoin is, but just a few who understand how it works exactly
staff
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1610
The Naija & BSFL Sherrif 📛
yes for me why ? it because of the technology behind it the fast transactions county to county. it is the most fastest remittance on earth right now. you can in cash your money without any troubles
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
The stable price of bitcoin will not bring him such popularity as now. Many investors use it as an investment tool, and stability will not allow you to earn on the growth of its price.

Fast fluctuation in price of bitcoin is the attraction for investors and if the price get stable it would not be this popular BUT the fact is that the price will not get stable as the demand for bitcoin is increasing day by day as more and more people are investing in bitcoin and joining the market. Bitoin is going to lead the market for long time.
Activity: 207
Merit: 10
Maybe No, maybe Yes. There is no surely on this question. What if this stable price is 0.05$-0.10$ so low value right? Well that's only a What if, but as of now, bitcoin is popular and many people use this for transaction. Making them wiser and clever in having a transaction on other people.
Activity: 3052
Merit: 685
I also agree with your opinion, if bitcoin prices stable bitcoin may not be popular because nowadays bitcoin so popular  because the price is getting up and could provide a major advantage, if the price is stable can we get profit from it ?
It's very healthy to see the price not stable, this is the favorites of the traders and long term investors would find it okay because they profit in the long run as the price is moving in an uptrend. That's why if you are only a long term investor, you just need to trust the market and have that vision that it will be successful in the future because it could help the world.
Activity: 426
Merit: 250
The stable price of bitcoin will not bring him such popularity as now. Many investors use it as an investment tool, and stability will not allow you to earn on the growth of its price.
Activity: 616
Merit: 262

I think it would not be as popular as it is now because personally, I became interested to it because of price fluctuations and the potential profit I can make if I will buy and sell at the right time. Being a trader, I like big fluctuations though risky because big fluctuations means big profits and big losses as well but then bitcoin is increasing so I am less worried if the price goes down because I believe it will go up again. I would rather choose trading in stock market if the price movement is like what you said since the movement in stocks is just the same and its backed by government.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
Pages:
Jump to: