Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular? - page 65. (Read 171736 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 140
For a short term, unstable prices will be interesting but if we look at the bigger picture, the risk of losing is too much that it is often considered gambling rather than trading. If we looked at the basic currency used for trading, it would be volatile yes, but it still has a stable long term trend consider to bitcoin. And i think it was the main reason currency trading was well known and used widely more than cryptocurrency trading and its derivative  Grin
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
I would like it more if bitcoin has a more stable price because i am earning in bitcoin but due to its volatile nature its a bit harder to manage money because some times earning are good and some times less if price is low,so i like bitcoin to have to stable price. But if the bitcoin has a stable price it wont be so serious by other people to invest in because the unstable price of the bitcoin is really needed to invest with the bitcoin.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 186
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
I think yes because the risk of losing values will diminished therefore some investors and businessmen will get more interested and will not be scared to enter it. After knowing bitcoins have a stable value, more and more will engage here because bitcoin has a fast pace of growth also and this is the newest in the field of finance; investors tend to follow the latest trend (which is cryptocurrency) in order to prevent from being left behind. Smiley
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
The extreme volatility of bitcoin made it attractive to speculators wanting a big return in their investment. It allowed wealth creation for traders that knew how to exploit it. If it ever to become stable and maybe one day it will then it is going to be just one of the many available asset to be traded with and traders looking for more volatility will shift to other coins.
Activity: 124
Merit: 10
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
Yes, because if the price of bitcoin is stable it is to become papular but nowaday bictoin is papular and famous to day. But nowaday bitcoin is famous they have a lot of users of bitcoin even the price of bitcoin is not stable today but they continue to grow the economy of bitcoin. How about if ever the price of bitcoin today is stable i predict that triple of the users today is going to add as adopter i think it is to become papular of source of income today and and bitcoin is one of the priority of people nowadays and famous in the world.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

I think bitcoin would still be popular, usually almost all altcoins are traded for bitcoin because of bitcoin potential. What makes bitcoin amazing is that, it doesn't stay that stable for a long time. It might drop or rise into incredible amounts. That's why people are investing in bitcoin, because they could gain a lot from it.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 624
I also think that the volatility is what makes bitcoin thick as it is an avenue for people to get rich faster ,hence its popularity. Thus,  if that volatility goes away , I think traders would also look for the next crpto thats volatile and that means bitcoin would crash.
Activity: 644
Merit: 100

If bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be popular? Well, I think weather it had stable price or continuously of being volatile as far as many people or country do not accept it will became what it is right now. If many people do not know bitcoin they do not need it. and when the government keeps on rejecting bitcoin it will not become so popular because I think bitcoin can help to the economy.
Activity: 462
The stable price of bitcoin will reduce its popularity and possibly even destroy it. Bitcoin is used for earnings at an increase in prices, and a stable price will not bring such a profit.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603

I think  the main reason people make use of Bitcoin is because of the unstable price in the market that makes it into popular ,good thing for this is that it double your investment  that's why some people hold their coins until it will rise in the market.

It's certainly the main reason why bitcoin became popular as we are seeing a big chance to make money from it. And I'm very sure that there's upcoming big companies that are giving some of their interest to bitcoin. And this will make bitcoin more popular, the influence of a such company is one of the very reason why it keeps on giving a big popularity in the scene as it's the future.
Activity: 317
Merit: 250
I think the volatile nature of BITCOIN is what makes it the one of the most popular coin among traders. If it had a stable price, traders would shift their focus to another coin and Bitcoin will loose its popularity.
Activity: 854
Merit: 140

I think  the main reason people make use of Bitcoin is because of the unstable price in the market that makes it into popular ,good thing for this is that it double your investment  that's why some people hold their coins until it will rise in the market.
If you think like a gambler then you would love the unstability of the price, however if you look in the investor position then unstable means unsafe and why would anyone invest lots of money in some unsafe instruments, other than investing in the price its better to have your own rig, it does have a stable income and you still own the hardware.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008
I don't know what the bitcoin will be if the bitcoin had stable price but I think the bitcoin will not become popular. All of the people who are in this cryptocurrency world entered because of the bitcoin. The price is really matter.
yeah first many people are interested in using and investing in bitcoin because of one thing that is fluctuation, many people want instant profits or short-term profits by exploiting fluctuations in bitcoins and you should know that most users are investors and traders, of course when bitcoin prices become stable there will be most users who will be disappointed because they will not get instant profits anymore, then I don't know what will happen then
Activity: 176

Activity: 714
I don't think so, because most attractive part of bitcoin is its value and now a days as it is increasing, it is attracting most of the people to invest or trade with bitcoin to make huge profits.
I disagree with you. Sorry but I think the increasing price of bitcoin is just an impact because bitcoin has captured market opportunities so well. The increasing trend of internet users worldwide becomes a strategic moment of bitcoin presence. Especially with the development of the potential of global e-commerce business that encourages the global community to conduct cross - country trade transactions. So it will still popular.
Activity: 100
Of course yes, bitcoin is popular because it opens opportunities to all. Like earning money that can be used on everything you want. Saved money from posting that only needs your time and effort. It can help you to buy goods and services that are secure.
Activity: 66
Of course, Bitcoin would nonetheless be common, no for a longer time have to be concerned about some random pump-dump team and having to fret about when to bounce into Bitcoin.
Activity: 434
Merit: 117
I don't know what the bitcoin will be if the bitcoin had stable price but I think the bitcoin will not become popular. All of the people who are in this cryptocurrency world entered because of the bitcoin. The price is really matter.
Activity: 93
Indeed, in fact, more countries are allowing to make the Bitcoin as an official payment method Smiley
Activity: 686
Price stability is a must  for a currency to be widely used as a currency. The use cases are low, so i really think if price is too stable now the interest would be lower. With high volatility the interest to see it as a speculative asset grows...
Pages:
Jump to: