Pages:
Author

Topic: If Greece defaults - page 21. (Read 45224 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 509
June 07, 2015, 11:53:30 AM
They've been saying for ages now "We are at the verge of a Greexit" but there is always one more month.. that by the time things get really serious, no one will believe any of them. Good ol boy cried wolf story.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
June 07, 2015, 08:28:25 AM
well im sure the news will come and eur wont be down against dollars ,and even the uk wont leave they benefict with it if they left well im pretty sure they will loose more then get soo currently is a both interest to stay on euro zone... even with some countrys facing huge problems,putin can really save greece problems ,but when it will start if will start those program..
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
June 07, 2015, 08:24:23 AM
The future of Greece is together with Putin

Its no joke. Putin will be able to save the Greeks from Financial meltdown. The proposed Turkish stream pipeline will carry around 45 billion cubic meters of gas from Russia to Europe. If the pipeline travels some 1,000 km through Greece, the Greeks will earn around $30 for every 1,000 cubic meter as transit fees. That totals to 1.35 billion USD every year, which will be a huge relief to the debt-ridden nation. And who knows? Putin might even offer advance payments to the Greeks.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
June 07, 2015, 07:32:28 AM

Greece not will collapse, may not be able to live more like a long time, and will seek allies elsewhere, .... Putin.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
June 07, 2015, 07:07:30 AM
We have €448m to the International Monetary Fund is due this Thursday (April 9th).

Then we have public sector wages and pensions, €1.7b in social security payments made by the state (April 14th).

Then we have a €200m loan repayment to the IMF (May 1st).

Now correct me if I am wrong, but if Greece cant pay any of these 3 bills we are talking about the first "western modern" country to be technically in default. If they resort back to the Drachma, it will be one of the most worthless currencies on the planet.

What I cant really figure out is the outcome, both worldwide financially against the Euro, and obviously against Bitcoin. Will we see BTC as safe heaven? Something tells me only a little, because the average Greek is not highly IT literate, but I could be wrong here.

Give me your thoughts people, as this goes down in about 3 days from now!

well I think Iceland had some real real issues like this at the last banking crisis (not sure if i remember correctly) and they put the bankers responsible in jail..so they are doing ok now i think?

may be like regular bankruptcy once you are out from under ..it would be 'easier' to get your finances in order ...could be the same for Greece just saying to the "EU screw this" might be their best option? (again no idea just saying)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008%E2%80%9311_Icelandic_financial_crisis

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
June 07, 2015, 06:48:30 AM
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
June 07, 2015, 06:06:08 AM
so payments bundled and delayed -- end of the month, are we prepared to see doomsday? i will have my finger on the trigger on the EURUSD market at that time....

It seems that in the end they will make the payment. According to the Greek government sources, they are trying hard to secure the money from whatever sources available. Indications are that they will not default on the payments, although there will be a slight delay. If the payment actually happens, then I can see EUR rallying against the USD, for the short term.

Cool story, bro.

Oh, well, Greece exits, or, rather, gets kicked from the Eurozone, then they get excluded from the Schengen Zone, their NATO membership is suspended... And after that they take back Constantinople (with Russian arms and money), wtf
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
June 07, 2015, 05:13:58 AM
so payments bundled and delayed -- end of the month, are we prepared to see doomsday? i will have my finger on the trigger on the EURUSD market at that time....

It seems that in the end they will make the payment. According to the Greek government sources, they are trying hard to secure the money from whatever sources available. Indications are that they will not default on the payments, although there will be a slight delay. If the payment actually happens, then I can see EUR rallying against the USD, for the short term.

Cool story, bro.
legendary
June 07, 2015, 04:52:43 AM

Activity: 697
Merit: 520
June 06, 2015, 11:20:02 PM
....say Greece defaults, exits the EU one way or another. What then? What happens to the EU, and to the Euro? Will it recover, or will this result in other countries following suit?
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
June 06, 2015, 10:33:27 PM

heh I used to play this "end of the month' game in college with the land lady...it never really worked out very well'

ah ...optimism....always the hope of a better tomorrow

EU prepare to get stiffed at the end of the month is my guess

Activity: 479
June 06, 2015, 10:30:49 PM
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001
June 06, 2015, 08:16:11 PM
Greece is also a member of NATO, so it will be a historic event if (when) the Alliance decides to bomb one of its members (on whatever pretext)...

Anything can happen if Greece gets thrown out of the Eurozone for defaulting on its debt. They will get excluded from the Schengen Zone, and there is a possibility that their NATO membership might get suspended. The NATO will not bomb Greece as long as it is an active member. But no one will be able to predict the reaction once they are thrown out.

Doubt it they will get kicked out of NATO. NATO interests in the area are too big for that to happen. And even America was calling for Europe to ease austerity in Greece some time ago. So I don't think they want them to leave NATO or the Eurozone.

Greece is also a member of NATO, so it will be a historic event if (when) the Alliance decides to bomb one of its members (on whatever pretext)...

Anything can happen if Greece gets thrown out of the Eurozone for defaulting on its debt. They will get excluded from the Schengen Zone, and there is a possibility that their NATO membership might get suspended. The NATO will not bomb Greece as long as it is an active member. But no one will be able to predict the reaction once they are thrown out.

I don't think Greece will get thrown out as such..It may just leave on its own if it doesn't believe in the corporate agenda of the EU Commission. They will believe because the EU and it's allies do not give Greece a choice. They want Greece to become a third world nation, just like the other peripheral states are becoming but once the Greeks say enough is enough, they have enough brains to pioneer and carve a new future..Now only thing to see is if the bigger powers that be actually let them.

Re Albanians, yes its true many have gone back to Albania since the debt crisis escalated..

Don't think Greece will leave on its own. It's just trying to buy time. Maybe other countries will turn left and put pressure to end austerity.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
June 06, 2015, 10:15:06 AM

I don't think Greece will get thrown out as such..It may just leave on its own if it doesn't believe in the corporate agenda of the EU Commission. They will believe because the EU and it's allies do not give Greece a choice. They want Greece to become a third world nation, just like the other peripheral states are becoming but once the Greeks say enough is enough, they have enough brains to pioneer and carve a new future..Now only thing to see is if the bigger powers that be actually let them.

Re Albanians, yes its true many have gone back to Albania since the debt crisis escalated..
legendary
June 06, 2015, 08:41:30 AM

legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
June 06, 2015, 07:21:51 AM
Not for the Greeks, if Greece defaults because the TROIKA won't give in to its austerity plans it will just change the geopolitical landscape of the region. Worse comes to worse America will try create a balkan war and get the Albanians to do something stupid on the borders to try to claim a GREATER ALBANIA, aka try to invade the EPIRUS Region, but if Russia and China muscle their way in, that would be stupid on the U.S's part, just to try to keep their control and hand on Greece..

There are very few Albanians in Greece. There are some Christian Albanians in Epirus, but they prefer the Christian Greeks in Athens to Muslim Albanians in Tirana. I am not saying that the NATO will abandon its "Greater Albania" plan. But the effects will be limited to weak nations such as Macedonia, Montenegro, and Serbia.

legendary
June 06, 2015, 07:02:07 AM
Not for the Greeks, if Greece defaults because the TROIKA won't give in to its austerity plans it will just change the geopolitical landscape of the region. Worse comes to worse America will try create a balkan war and get the Albanians to do something stupid on the borders to try to claim a GREATER ALBANIA, aka try to invade the EPIRUS Region, but if Russia and China muscle their way in, that would be stupid on the U.S's part, just to try to keep their control and hand on Greece..

There are very few Albanians in Greece. There are some Christian Albanians in Epirus, but they prefer the Christian Greeks in Athens to Muslim Albanians in Tirana. I am not saying that the NATO will abandon its "Greater Albania" plan. But the effects will be limited to weak nations such as Macedonia, Montenegro, and Serbia.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
June 06, 2015, 03:05:48 AM
Looks like this just came closer to happening!

Greece has told the International Monetary Fund it will delay Friday's €300m (£216m) debt repayment and bundle all four of its June payments together.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-33009034

30 days for 1.5 billion or we will see a financial crisis worse than Lehman.

Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
June 05, 2015, 05:57:43 PM
Guardian is very good source of information,below article by Joseph E Stiglitz, a Nobel laureate in economics,

about Euro,EU,and Greece

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/jun/05/greeces-creditors-need-a-dose-of-reality-this-is-no-time-for-european-disunion
Activity: 700
June 05, 2015, 07:10:40 AM
Greece vows not to leave the euro after IMF payment defiance - live updates that's nice of the Guardian http://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2015/jun/05/greece-imf-payment-debt-tsipras-parliament-live-updates

An excellent post from economists on Austerity hurting a lot more than it is helping
http://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2015/jun/05/greece-imf-payment-debt-tsipras-parliament-live-updates#block-55717b5ae4b0c8f771857349

Pages:
Jump to: