Pages:
Author

Topic: If no one spends bitcoin what might happen? - page 6. (Read 52567 times)

Activity: 94
Merit: 12
I think there will be no case of no one spending bitcoin, bitcoin is digital currency, people who invest bitcoin like to spend bitcoin, bitcoin is anonymous, decentralized, secure, and immune Government control.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
Share your ideas here.   Grin

In my opinion, I think we will be stuck in one price or maybe worse we will all go down.

Here is what happened when US citizens are saving too much.

That's important because American spenders make up the majority -- about 70% -- of economic activity in the country. If people don't spend, the economy doesn't grow.

Check it out here

I think the circulation of bitcoin will be affected and the flow of interchange will be stuck. I don't see anything wrong with this except for the fact that it may affect volatility range of bitcoin since it will become stagnant. In conclusion, I think that it is still best for bitcoin to flow or circulate around the internet for it to be the same.
Activity: 364
Merit: 11
In my honest opinion, if a point will come where no one invest and use bitcoin anymore, then it is considered as a dead currency.
The price might drop to zero. Leaving no chance of going up again. But for me, it is really impossible that no one would actually use bitcoin.
Especially when bitcoin have already founded strong crypto enthusiasts not just in our county but all over the world.
Activity: 104
Merit: 0
The price of bitcoin will drop down , The biggest transaction cost
Activity: 104
I always imagine that if nobody sells bitcoin products then the price will go up because anyone who wants bitcoin should pay more to try and convince people to sell, so I guess during that demand their price will go up.
Activity: 193
Merit: 1
Ok let's say that majority amount of bitcoin is held by one person. Let's say in 21 million amount of it 20.5 million belongs to me and the .5 amount goes to rotation in the market. Since the demand for bitcoin is high but the supply is limited,  the price of it is high.

The difficulty in acquiring and expensiveness of it might get people lose interest out of it and resort in other currencies. Then the value of it decreases. If one cannot have rice they look for a bread right?

Aside from that there's fiat money which is used by majority of people.
Activity: 350
In my opinion and observations, if ever no one would be engage in bitcoin, then bitcoin would not be as high at it is right now.
As for no one cares, no one would actually throw a single cent for a useless investment as they call.
Activity: 84
Merit: 2
bitcoin will grow! Simply as this, it is much the same as you are placing cash in a piggy bank, what happens is the sum inside is stock getting tremendous as you put more cash inside it.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
Nowadays there are not many options for spending Bictoins. Online markets such as Bitmit has closed down. Bitify (earlier Cryptothrift) seems to be under constant maintenance. Large number of dark markets have closed down and the few remaining ones are prioritizing BCH, XMR and ETH over Bitcoin. Even sites such as Stripe and Steam have stopped accepting Bitcoin.
Activity: 246
Well basically it's true. If we don't spend, businesses will not grow, taxes will not be paid on those purchases and we will be stuck at nothing. But, unless you don't have money, live in a cave or an unfound tribe, it's economically impossible for you to not spend. Even growing your own food will need some spending on water or electricity. You'll be bored to death without spending.
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
I don't really know if the price of bitcoin will go up or it will go down, as for bitcoin, its price is based on the demand of people who are using it. I don't really sure what will happen but one thing is for sure, bitcoin will be spend by many people and people will never stop using bitcoin.
Activity: 351
Probably the price of bitcoin will get high or it will be gone, because bitcoin is sustained by the demand of users using it. But, I think it will not be happen because there are still some poeple who are traders, they are using buy and sell strategy so that the flow in the stock market are still running and there will be no stagnant transaction.
Activity: 2338
Merit: 338
If no one spends bitcoin then it will not become a problem at all because it will just trigger the price to spike up faster than what we expect because there is no need to worry since people are not spending their bitcoin and they are just holding it which will make the market become smoother and faster in moving up.
Activity: 938
Merit: 137
An interesting question is if bitcoin is completely mined and people stop selling it, what will happen then? Will he lie only in purses and people will simply stop paying attention to him and he will simply depreciate, because nobody will need it? After all, bitcoin is not provided with anything and has virtually no material value? So-so, encoded set of letters of numbers. Yes, all this is not easy. Moreover, if by that time bitcoin will cost astronomical sums. After all, if people lose interest in any kind of crypto currency, it will immediately depreciate.
Activity: 658
Merit: 274
Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.
Share your ideas here.   Grin

In my opinion, I think we will be stuck in one price or maybe worse we will all go down.

Here is what happened when US citizens are saving too much.

That's important because American spenders make up the majority -- about 70% -- of economic activity in the country. If people don't spend, the economy doesn't grow.

Check it out here

I think the same thing. But how long it would be? And also probably bitcoin value will not dropped down and would be stuck on an exactly one value. And also if we would cash out all in all at the same time probably bitcoin value would dropped to zero (0) I guess. And this would be possible if there will be people who will manage it as a whole.
Activity: 966
Merit: 102
The Lightning has been successful, transaction speed and transaction fees have improved.
There are many people who want to use Bitcoin in the world. There is a group of new people and they buy them. As long as no one uses bitcoin, it will disappear.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 269
There will always be some people who will spend their bitcoins. This type of people are traders who buys and sell they're crypto currency and if no one spends they're btc the market will be stagnant the price will increase that way it will become boring because of low fluctuations. traders will not make any profit it will be the same as the stock market.
Activity: 71
In short, bitcoin price will be played by investor and early adopter, then they left it when it's not profitable anymore. i think you have taken it wrongly. i think the price of bitcoin will increase if no one is going to use bitcoin. because it will mean that they holding it for the price increase. and there will be shortage of bitcoin and every one will be ready to buy it any any cost.
Activity: 352
Well, if no-one spends Bitcoins and no-one buys Bitcoin then there is basically no market. In fact, if the condition would last enough, at some point there would be no Bitcoin any more. It reminds me a line from the film Murder by Death:
Peter Seller in front of a butler who is giving no sign of life: "Heart does not beat. Butler does not breath. If condition will not change - butler dead."
Activity: 158
Merit: 10
bitcoin is very different, do not compare them as unreasonable. If bitcoin will not spend bitcoin value it will be worthless, even worth 500 dollars if you do not do anything with them or they can not make a profit because they can not sell their coins thereby allowing bitcoin security issues.
Pages:
Jump to: