Pages:
Author

Topic: If we have crypto Why people still buy stocks? - page 2. (Read 1386 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 100
gik nyareh proyek seteppak pas sepak
not everyone who already understands and knows about the advantages and disadvantages of cryptocurrencies. we will invest everything in the crypto world, we must be wise with our assets because not all investments promise profits, while investing in stocks is less risky even though the profits are not much compared to crypto investments which may promise 3 times
Activity: 924
Merit: 255
there are still people out there who still have different thoughts on crypto, so they still doubt it or are like worried about all the risks that can be obtained. Well after all here not everyone thinks that crypto is superior
Activity: 2170
Merit: 530

Choosing one or the other is quite hard, because both of them offer different advantages for an investment portfolio. Owning stocks offers the right to receive dividends each year, which is a nice cash flow if you pick the right kind of stocks. While with crypto currencies we have much higher upside potential and a good inflation protection. The thing with stocks is that it was the most lucrative asset class over the last 50 years, and many of our parents and grand parents invested in them. So if you receive a stock portfolio from your grand parents after their death, should you really just sell all of it and go into cryptos? I would say better not, diversifying money is the best way to reduce overall risk.

Having an investment in both platform for me is a lot better I mean you didn't put your egg in just one basket, however both are risky and might going also to give you the probability to lose. We may not sure but I think one or many of us here in crypto community are put an investment both in stock and crypto market. For me, investing in crypto is a lot more profitable but we can't force people to choose one kind of platform to invest with because we have our own analysis and strategies in terms of investments.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007
Degen in the Space
People buy stocks because they know they will expand in the near future, especially for companies that will be enormous in the next few years. Crypto isn't for everyone, and neither are stocks; why would you persist with stocks if you don't think they're making you money? I mean, there are various reasons why individuals invest in stocks, so if you don't have any, it's none of your business, and comparing the two makes no sense because they each have their own set of benefits in terms of profit. If a company has a good track record and history, you can be comfortable that money will come soon and without risk, and that people who don't want to take risks will invest in it.

We all have different preferences for where we put our money; some people still put their money in banks, and I don't think that's a problem.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 625
Do most people here trade both crypto and stocks?  IF you had to only do one. most people would choose crypto right?
I think many but I'm not one of them.
Sure , i have seen so many Stocks traders together being crypto trader here and they are contented in their activities.

But like you I'm not one of them as i only Hold Bitcoin and sets of altcoins.

Since you're asking this on a bitcoin forum, yes. Many will choose to trade crypto rather than in stocks. But if you'll ask the same question in a stocks forum.

You'll know the answer.
and even if there are none , why OP does even care? let people choose what to trade because this is a free market .
There are just those people who are worrying about things that they shouldn't worry about.

Yes, it's a free market and it's okay to hold bitcoin only as your main asset rather than sets of altcoins that you're holding.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 612
Do most people here trade both crypto and stocks?  IF you had to only do one. most people would choose crypto right?
Sure , i have seen so many Stocks traders together being crypto trader here and they are contented in their activities.

Since you're asking this on a bitcoin forum, yes. Many will choose to trade crypto rather than in stocks. But if you'll ask the same question in a stocks forum.

You'll know the answer.
and even if there are none , why OP does even care? let people choose what to trade because this is a free market .

Probably because stocks work the same way as the crypto market, they all can be manipulated. The difference is that the stock market isn't in a blockchain where they know how much is the real numbers like the max supply.

I'm sure there are traders coming from forex particularly since their brokers are the first to have offered Bitcoin trading. But my best guess is that there is no crypto user or trader who suddenly moves to the stock market.

Activity: 2002
Merit: 175
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

You'll know the answer.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 326
In fact it is very difficult to say the exact value of crypto no one can predict when the market will turn so traders often do not choose stocks to reduce risk. the reason the shares have no value with the stock purchase if a company never promises to distribute any profit to its shareholders the share is zero no one would buy them. Investors buy these because you anticipate that tokens will become valuable over time as the company behind it develops product token usage.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 503
Why people still buy stocks?
If with crypto much bigger profits *
3% daily gain is nothing If you can get 100% profit with Good coins pump.
How the Hell people Even get rich with stocks with so small profits? 
Before you even say that don’t forget that stocks has been around before cryptocurrency, and there are also people who got rich by investing their money in stocks. So, it’s not like cryptocurrency is the only thing that can make us rich, although it is volatile and can increase more and give profit more than stocks. Then another reason why a lot of people are still investing in stocks is because stocks can be more trusted since it is an old asset type, so people believe that they are not taking much risk of being scammed.

Finally think everyone is entitled to whatever they want to invest their money in, be it cryptocurrency or stocks, they are free to go ahead with anyone that works best for them.
- Simply put, we are becoming a candidate for two jobs and each has had some exposure to both of these companies, here called stock and crypto markets and of course, as a newbie, we can't understand the feelings of a longtime employee in a company, maybe for us, the crypto market is a young and progressive space but for those who have worked in the stock market for a long time, they have a stable career direction, they just need to continue to succeed. Giving up a stable position to join a young company, it is not an easy decision and they know here, they are not promoted like their old company is stock.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 329
Before you even say that don’t forget that stocks has been around before cryptocurrency, and there are also people who got rich by investing their money in stocks. So, it’s not like cryptocurrency is the only thing that can make us rich, although it is volatile and can increase more and give profit more than stocks. Then another reason why a lot of people are still investing in stocks is because stocks can be more trusted since it is an old asset type, so people believe that they are not taking much risk of being scammed.

Finally think everyone is entitled to whatever they want to invest their money in, be it cryptocurrency or stocks, they are free to go ahead with anyone that works best for them.
Activity: 178
Merit: 10
Investors nervous about the stock market might be looking for alternative investments, like Bitcoin. When considering Cryptocurrencies. though, it's to assess your overall portfolio goals and risk tolerance.

You'll know the answer.

Choosing one or the other is quite hard, because both of them offer different advantages for an investment portfolio. Owning stocks offers the right to receive dividends each year, which is a nice cash flow if you pick the right kind of stocks. While with crypto currencies we have much higher upside potential and a good inflation protection. The thing with stocks is that it was the most lucrative asset class over the last 50 years, and many of our parents and grand parents invested in them. So if you receive a stock portfolio from your grand parents after their death, should you really just sell all of it and go into cryptos? I would say better not, diversifying money is the best way to reduce overall risk.
It's not that really hard.

If you're more literate with the crypto market and you're already good at assessing the risk that it has then you can basically invest any time at your will.

Actually, there's not that much difference from stocks and cryptos aside from being own by a company and not being volatile, in crypto there's no actual company that owns a certain crypto but it's the devs that have made it.

And in crypto, there's also dividends which is the same as the stocks.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

Looking at the title, I was sure that it was posted by some noob. Threads such as this one brings down the overall quality of this section. The moderator must have moved it to "Beginners and help" section rather than keeping it in the Economics subforum. Posts such as this one doesn't make any sense and mostly result from a desire to increase post count. I have been a registered user for the last 9 years, and if the scenario provided in the post was true, then I would have been a trillionaire by now. Imagine how much I could have made with 3% daily gain.

You'll know the answer.
Activity: 1890
Merit: 328

There is a reason we do not have just one type of business in the world. Diversity makes things interesting and exciting. In addition to that, not everyone knows about cryptocurrency because it is newer than stocks.

That is not true every time. There are people who have gone bankrupt because of investment in cryptocurrency.

Those who have mastered the ways of stocks know how to make profits from it. Every business has principles and if you understand them you can make profits there.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 186
Activity: 1232
Merit: 524

With great profits comes great risk and majority of the people are not risk takers. In stocks the fluctuation is low along with earning but the investor can play safe in stocks. In crypto risk is huge but the ROI is exceptional, you will never see any kind of investment with this much ROI. But volatility in crypto is a major concern for the investors.
Activity: 938
Merit: 251
Crypto and Stocks have similarities. We want a part of the bread. The difference I see is that Crypto still has to prove something since they only depend on the market itself, while Stocks can have a stable trust due to their great image and popularity. You can invest on well reputable and trusted companies.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 141
snip

Dividing into various types of investment is certainly better and safer, we never know with the future of crypto which many say will end, while investing in stocks is a good thing because there is a real business.
You've been in crypto for a long time but are still worried about the future of crypto?  Crypto and stocks are a real business, don't you see how much money is going in and out every day in the crypto market.  Who says stocks can't be collapsed, stocks also have great potential to be collapsed if you don't choose the right stocks.
Activity: 299
Merit: 100
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
How can you be so sure that investing in cryptocurrencies is a surefire way to make money? According to your theory, everyone who buys coins wins money, so who loses? Investing involves risk, whether you buy cryptos or stocks.
Pages:
Jump to: