Pages:
Author

Topic: If we have crypto Why people still buy stocks? - page 4. (Read 1386 times)

Activity: 2814
Merit: 526
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
Why people still buy stocks?
My friends and I had a discussion regarding this topic and most of people still buying stocks until this day because the prospect of the stocks since it has the real physic and you can check of how they perform as well as the update from different medias.

Also most of the countries support stocks investment rather than Cryptocurrency, most of the users I have seen on social media have quite good experience with stocks(even though they probably lost a lot on there as well) so why would they buy cryptocurrency if stocks already gave them quite good income? If you are looking at their perspective.
Activity: 882
Merit: 63
probably the reason why people still buying stock is because that stock will remained solid entity unlike bitcoin which is virtual and from any moment they can lose their investment and vanish like the air and yes they can also make great profit out of it, but people are smart and did not put their eggs into one basket they want to maximize what they have  and secure what they invest.
Stock aren't tangible maybe there are papers that prove your shares but they aren't tangible so they aren't that different with bitcoin. I think the main reason is that there are more investment companies out there that are dabbling on stocks rather than crypto and most old people are likely to advice you to invest in stocks since they themselves don't know what crypto is.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10
probably the reason why people still buying stock is because that stock will remained solid entity unlike bitcoin which is virtual and from any moment they can lose their investment and vanish like the air and yes they can also make great profit out of it, but people are smart and did not put their eggs into one basket they want to maximize what they have  and secure what they invest.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
If with crypto much bigger profits *
3% daily gain is nothing If you can get 100% profit with Good coins pump.
How the Hell people Even get rich with stocks with so small profits? 

Classic example of someone who doesn’t understand how stocks work or frankly investing at large. Stocks represent a legal share of the ownership of a business. That’s why they have value, you’re literally an owner of the profits the company produces. Crypto is just driven by a bunch of people who are speculating that the price of crypto will go up. There’s no real reason in goes up other than mass agreement, and because that’s arbitrary there’s also no reason it can’t go down for the same reason. Expecting to make profit trading crypto in pumps is nothing more than buying a lottery ticket, and that’s the opposite of investing.

While it is tough to refute your argument logically, I would say buying Bitcoin is like buying a lottery ticket goes several steps too far. Once Bitcoin progresses technologically, the network gets monetized inherently through the frictions it solves that alternative systems inevitably bring about. Facebook is monetized through it advertisement, but when Facebook started out it didn't earn any money yet I wouldn't deem an investment a lottery ticket. There was quality talent and a vision involved, but sure the monetization mechanism is more obvious. Bitcoin internalizes externalities that, for example banks impose upon us. Does that make sense? Happy to have your feedback here.

If you own crypto, you own a proportion of the total supply of the currency. Everyone's heard of bitcoin and Cryptocurrency and many have also heard of ethereum. Since both are open sourced, you're paying for their security and immutibility solutions as well as additions that could be added to the coin. People with large stakes in a coin can adopt new technologies into the coin and, if they don't, the ecosystem is decentralised enough thst another chain should be able to take on that task and have people/companies move towards it and use it as they would bitcoin (eg the dominance of bitcoin has dropped below 50% now).

It's like saying the grocery store isn't worth anything because all of their produce comes from a farmer. An investment in a coin is an investment in its community and its devs. This is the whole reason why coins pump and why bitcoin can make 500% in a year but some random new idea coin can make 6000% in 3 months (once it's proved itself and its security).

Even though you described a different aspect of valuation than I did, it's also true what you just said. I stand by my words that buying a lottery ticket is different from buying a well established cryptocurrency. Bitcoin is an exit option to an existing financial system. A lottery ticket is not (neccssarily, it could be though Tongue).

I was arguing in your favour but thought it was a different perspective most people seem to ignore (the same people who think an investment in crypto is gambling).
Activity: 588
Merit: 254
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

Classic example of someone who doesn’t understand how stocks work or frankly investing at large. Stocks represent a legal share of the ownership of a business. That’s why they have value, you’re literally an owner of the profits the company produces. Crypto is just driven by a bunch of people who are speculating that the price of crypto will go up. There’s no real reason in goes up other than mass agreement, and because that’s arbitrary there’s also no reason it can’t go down for the same reason. Expecting to make profit trading crypto in pumps is nothing more than buying a lottery ticket, and that’s the opposite of investing.

While it is tough to refute your argument logically, I would say buying Bitcoin is like buying a lottery ticket goes several steps too far. Once Bitcoin progresses technologically, the network gets monetized inherently through the frictions it solves that alternative systems inevitably bring about. Facebook is monetized through it advertisement, but when Facebook started out it didn't earn any money yet I wouldn't deem an investment a lottery ticket. There was quality talent and a vision involved, but sure the monetization mechanism is more obvious. Bitcoin internalizes externalities that, for example banks impose upon us. Does that make sense? Happy to have your feedback here.

If you own crypto, you own a proportion of the total supply of the currency. Everyone's heard of bitcoin and Cryptocurrency and many have also heard of ethereum. Since both are open sourced, you're paying for their security and immutibility solutions as well as additions that could be added to the coin. People with large stakes in a coin can adopt new technologies into the coin and, if they don't, the ecosystem is decentralised enough thst another chain should be able to take on that task and have people/companies move towards it and use it as they would bitcoin (eg the dominance of bitcoin has dropped below 50% now).

It's like saying the grocery store isn't worth anything because all of their produce comes from a farmer. An investment in a coin is an investment in its community and its devs. This is the whole reason why coins pump and why bitcoin can make 500% in a year but some random new idea coin can make 6000% in 3 months (once it's proved itself and its security).

Even though you described a different aspect of valuation than I did, it's also true what you just said. I stand by my words that buying a lottery ticket is different from buying a well established cryptocurrency. Bitcoin is an exit option to an existing financial system. A lottery ticket is not (neccssarily, it could be though Tongue).
Activity: 2520
Merit: 783
People still buy stocks because they are used into it and have knowledge about it. Not all people like stock and not all people knows crypto. Every person has their own choice either they choose to buy stock or crypto or both. It's up to the knowledge that a person have. Also investing in stock is less risky than in crypto which anytime you can have losses if the market movement is against your to your plan.

People who got used to buy stock sometimes don't like crypto since the heavy volatility what they can get on the market is so frustrating if they lose on their trades that's why others stock traders do a major adjustment when they enter on crypto and some of them just go back where they used to trade since they are afraid to risk an trade on high volatile market.
Activity: 826
Merit: 100
I think even though many stock traders switch to cryptocurrency, there are still many traders who remain loyal to stocks. we know crypto is highly volatile, so they still consider stocks to have a lower level of risk than crypto, while many traders switch to crypto because the current crypto trend is at its peak, so many are taking advantage of it.
Activity: 1041
Merit: 25
Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!
People still buy stocks because they are used into it and have knowledge about it. Not all people like stock and not all people knows crypto. Every person has their own choice either they choose to buy stock or crypto or both. It's up to the knowledge that a person have. Also investing in stock is less risky than in crypto which anytime you can have losses if the market movement is against your to your plan.
Activity: 375
Merit: 15
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
I prefer crypto over stock but I can't live without stock either, a smart investor will always go for both because stock is base on real world properties which are visible unlike crypto which deals with everything digital via blockchain
copper member
Activity: 2968
Merit: 574
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Because stocks are less volatile and predictable then crypto. Again, stocks are well known. Almost everyone has heard of what stock markets are. There are less "negativity" when it comes to stock. On other hand, crypto currencies are super volatile. Look at what one tweet can do to the market. You can't predict what is going to happen next. The media spreads too much cynical news about crypto. Hence people are more hesitant to invest in crypto. And some think that crypto currencies are too "techy" for them.
Activity: 2562
Merit: 659
Dimon6969
Risk. The Risk of investing into Crypto is very high as compared to Stock. After this bear market I won't bet against BTC price correcting and losing 70% of its value again from ATH, just look at the recent dump from $60K to $43k in days. But with regulators in STock market they can easily help protect investors and prevent the huge loss of investment. Also all these Meme coin will be gone by the next bear cycle
Most listed in stock market have their own companies that are known or been identified in the country or having a business that produces somewhat a good product, thats why they are able to get listed. The risk in stock is lesser as we can easily research the companies profile beforehand without fear that they can scam us or just anfake team like many ICo created before. The factors to consider in-stock can easily traceable or research but in crypto, we need to fully put the effort into analyzing them thoroughly especially if it's a new coin.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 512
Risk. The Risk of investing into Crypto is very high as compared to Stock. After this bear market I won't bet against BTC price correcting and losing 70% of its value again from ATH, just look at the recent dump from $60K to $43k in days. But with regulators in STock market they can easily help protect investors and prevent the huge loss of investment. Also all these Meme coin will be gone by the next bear cycle
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

Activity: 322
Merit: 14

If You own stock You need to own large%.
Its not Worthed
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
Compared to stocks, crypto is really more volatile, and since it's more volatile, the profit we can earn is higher as well, but of course the risk is high too. People who are new into investing will try to avoid risk as much as possible, and try to learn and gain experience first. That's why stocks are more suitable for new people, crypto is too risky, although the profit is high as well.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
One of the main reason why people still buy stocks is because they have no idea how much better crypto is when it comes to investing. Another reason could be because they are confident that it may secure their future if they invest on a certain stick that they are familiar and confident with. If only everyone knows about crypto, the stock market would surely experience a huge downfall but maybe it is better this way so that things could be balanced between the two although sooner or later crypto will take the lead.

Because it is very easy to predict the past, but try with the future, it is usually much harder.

Coin pumps will lead you nowhere. For every gain, you will suffer x10 losses. Most people have already been there. Stocks can multiply in price just as much as crypto, even more, however you actually have to know instead betting wildly. Honestly, this post does not help the crypto space.
Stocks are perfectly backed by the companies and the growth gets defined based on the profitability of the company. This won't give big return in a short term as the cryptocurrency investment, but it has low risk and higher accuracy on prediction.

Recently one of my friend who is into stocks for years got into cryptocurrency and he tries to study the chart and make predictions. He isn't able to do it as he does with stocks. This is the difference that makes people prefer stocks as a backup even when they have investments on cryptocurrencies.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1575
Do not die for Putin
One of the main reason why people still buy stocks is because they have no idea how much better crypto is when it comes to investing. Another reason could be because they are confident that it may secure their future if they invest on a certain stick that they are familiar and confident with. If only everyone knows about crypto, the stock market would surely experience a huge downfall but maybe it is better this way so that things could be balanced between the two although sooner or later crypto will take the lead.

Because it is very easy to predict the past, but try with the future, it is usually much harder.

Coin pumps will lead you nowhere. For every gain, you will suffer x10 losses. Most people have already been there. Stocks can multiply in price just as much as crypto, even more, however you actually have to know instead betting wildly. Honestly, this post does not help the crypto space.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 286
Activity: 742
Merit: 102
I think the main reason they don't invest here is because of legality issues.
which I know of no government in any country recommends investing in crypto. this is only one reason and of course there are many other reasons  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1101
Historically, stocks have averaged an annualized return of 10%. That's better than the average annualized inflation rate. It does mean you must have a longer time horizon. That way, you can buy and hold even if the value temporarily drops.
Historically Stocks give you 10% yearly but then have a huge drop once a decade which ruins everything all together, that is the problem. Whereas crypto has been going up super fast and it has made people more money than anything else in history ever did, more than any stock, more than the stock that went up the most in the past 10 years, it has made super a lot of money.

The question here is not "why people invest into stocks", that alone is not enough because it is left with question of "what should they do?" but when you ask "if we have CRYPTO, why people still buy stocks" which answers that one and asks why not go with crypto which has historically gained people more money than stocks ever did and instead go with something that gives 10% which is just a daily change in the crypto world nobody even cares. That is a valid question to ask.
Pages:
Jump to: