Pages:
Author

Topic: If we have crypto Why people still buy stocks? - page 7. (Read 1386 times)

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 2313
Completely different assets.

Stocks are no different than owning a business. By buying a share of Apple Inc, you become a partner (a shareholder) of their business. Some of those shares even let you have a say on the important stuff. (vote) Sometimes they pay you dividends, you pay your taxes, be a good citizen.

And crypto... well it is crypto. It is a one way ticket to the moon. Obviously crypto is a lot better than owning stocks. You don't need to exhaust yourself researching p/e ratios, business news and crap like that. Cool The stock to flow chart have done all the research for you.
Activity: 280
Merit: 28
For me, the word "diversification" comes to mind. I start getting this feeling lately that keeping almost everything in just one type of asset isn't too wise, so even though I never played with stocks I might look closer into that.
Activity: 714
Merit: 16
If we have sachet water why are people still buying table water, I will compare your subject with that. Both are means of investment and they differ in how you operate it. Every individual has the freedom to choose whatsoever investment to dive into considering the money, risk, length of time to yield, and many more possible reasons.
Activity: 2464
Merit: 586

You have used a quite cheeky image there, I mean it does help with your point but it is definitely cheecky. Netflix went up 13488% that is true but it is SINCE 2004, so that is 17 years, and it is same for others as well, disney is high but since 2002, and Tesla got high but since 2011 as well. So long story short all these things made a profit in a decade or two for what bitcoin did in half a decade, that is not really that shocking if you ask me, that is why the question of "why to go stocks when you can make that much in crypto?" Because there are altcoins that probably did this much just in 2021 for the past 5 months, and that means stocks are not really an ideal thing to invest into.

The real reason to me would be that if you trust a company and you want to become "partners" you can sort of become one, a tiny one but you share that companies success, and if you really want that, then there is nothing that can stop you.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 2087
Believe me, whatever you believe can make a profit for you then that is the best investment for you but not for anyone else. Not everyone likes crypto, and not all of these crypto will hate the stock market. Before people got to know crypto, most of them probably already understood the stock market and got their profits and losses from it. If they don't like crypto because of its high risk, they probably won't be suitable for this investment. Also people are never forced to invest here.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 340
People tell me stock is not a scam and all bs. They know nothing about stock, every stock is a product of scam, don’t trust those stock salesman, they need idiot like you to buy their stock.
Why you think stocks are scam? Which part of it you consider as a scam?

Anyway, if you buy enough stock, you will own the company (majority shareholder). In crypto, if you buy enough crypto you won't own the brand/ticker, you will only become a whale. Can't do anything with your bag except hold it and wait for someone else to buy it.

I agree,  stock investment is totally different from crypto, I will call it a standard way of investment because like it or not stock looks more certain than crypto investment,
Yes if you have enough shares in a company you become owner of majority part of the company whereas in crypto it is not like that, plus you are dividends from your shares, am sure those who still prefer to invest in stocks more than crypto consider this things and other benefits as well.
Yes, here are the benefits that you can get;

Investment Gains
Dividend Income
Multiple Trades
Ownership

Sounds interesting but these gains will just be surely eaten up when you do make out investment on crypto
but of course its bit needing some sort of luck
copper member
Activity: 2268
Merit: 2124
Slots Enthusiast & Expert
The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

Not dummy friendly. Please consult psychiatrists if you have mental defects.
Obviously you haven't born when several market crashes happened, and you only read the title not the article, let alone to know the reason 2008 crisis happened. If your argument about banking and derivatives, it is fine.

Ask your mother about what happened, don't go wander around in a forum spreading nonsense.

~Bye kid.
Activity: 170
Merit: 4
Read the genesis block again. Unless you can’t read what’s written by them to remind all of you pretentious salesman.
What's in it? Explain it here. Don't be too cryptic, except if you don't understand.

WHY YOU THINK STOCK MARKET IS A SCAM?

The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

Not dummy friendly. Please consult psychiatrists if you have mental defects.
copper member
Read the genesis block again. Unless you can’t read what’s written by them to remind all of you pretentious salesman.
What's in it? Explain it here. Don't be too cryptic, except if you don't understand.

WHY YOU THINK STOCK MARKET IS A SCAM?
It’s so biased for you to call stock not a scam while calling crypto is one of them.
Wait wut? I called nothing... I simply asked why you think stock market is a scam.
I don't even think you understand my question.

So I ask you one more time, why you think stock market is a scam?

Crypto is created as the result of stock market scam going full out of control, there won’t be crypto if not for the stock market.
I hit CTRL+F on the Bitcoin whitepaper, and only find "stock" in this paragraph:
This is similar to the level of information released by stock exchanges, where the time and size of individual trades, the "tape", is made public, but without telling who the parties were.

Tell me your story about this "Crypto is created as the result of stock market scam going full out of control." It should be interesting Smiley

copper member
It’s so biased for you to call stock not a scam while calling crypto is one of them.
Wait wut? I called nothing... I simply asked why you think stock market is a scam.
I don't even think you understand my question.

So I ask you one more time, why you think stock market is a scam?

Crypto is created as the result of stock market scam going full out of control, there won’t be crypto if not for the stock market.
I hit CTRL+F on the Bitcoin whitepaper, and only find "stock" in this paragraph:
This is similar to the level of information released by stock exchanges, where the time and size of individual trades, the "tape", is made public, but without telling who the parties were.

Tell me your story about this "Crypto is created as the result of stock market scam going full out of control." It should be interesting Smiley
^^see this is the type of people, they can just lie it on your face, stock market stable, stock market make new high economy is booming, many people make money in stock market, company are doing good, job is coming back, none of them are even stand true, they get paid for sprouting lies all over the place, it’s better to listen to those political channel on the live stream site.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 693
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
People tell me stock is not a scam and all bs. They know nothing about stock, every stock is a product of scam, don’t trust those stock salesman, they need idiot like you to buy their stock.

Anyway, if you buy enough stock, you will own the company (majority shareholder). In crypto, if you buy enough crypto you won't own the brand/ticker, you will only become a whale. Can't do anything with your bag except hold it and wait for someone else to buy it.

I agree,  stock investment is totally different from crypto, I will call it a standard way of investment because like it or not stock looks more certain than crypto investment,
Yes if you have enough shares in a company you become owner of majority part of the company whereas in crypto it is not like that, plus you are dividends from your shares, am sure those who still prefer to invest in stocks more than crypto consider this things and other benefits as well.

You tell me stock market is not scam but crypto is a scam? I don’t even think you know what you’re talking about.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1083
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
Why people still buy stocks?
If with crypto much bigger profits *
3% daily gain is nothing If you can get 100% profit with Good coins pump.
How the Hell people Even get rich with stocks with so small profits? 

1. Because the stock investment was their expertise.

2. They don't like the volatile market in crypto.

3. Simply, they just don't want crypto.

4. Why do you think in the first place that profits here are small when you are seeing others being successful and becoming rich in stock trading?
Activity: 1316
Merit: 502
I think the reason is that not everyone knows about bitcoin compared to stocks which is still more popular especially for older people. Another reason I can think of is that stocks are less volatile compared cryptocurrency which is understandable, some people will have a hard processing the fact that their investment goes down at really sharp curves when investing in crypto. Also, most financial advisor probably recommends stocks instead of cryptocurrency as an investment to their client.
Well, the financial advisors always recommend areas where they are knowledgeable and calculate the safety of their clients, and most financial professionals will choose the stock market as a stable way to enhance client assets, where the latest economic knowledge and updates are required and this is their specialty. Crypto is a world too short of experts, the savvy of the financiers still cannot succeed here due to the irregularities in this market, knowing about the stock market first will be very difficult to match with the crypto market and vice versa, the two markets do not have many similarities to link knowledge.
copper member

Activity: 1708
Merit: 126
There are still lots of people who don't know what cryptocurrency is or even clueless about how it works. It's some people's personal choice to buy stocks because they find it less risky than investing in cryptocurrency which is known to be volatile. Some people invest in what they used to be and in their comfortability. Those who buy stocks are maybe doing it for a long time and they already know how it would work for them.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 454
The answer on your question is very simple. People buy stocks and cryptocurrency because the more investment you have, the more profit you'll get in the long run. Also, not every people who buys cryptocurrency means that he's gonna forget stocks instantly, no, it doesn't work that way. It's either he'll figure out what he really likes or he likes to have both, cause why not.
Pages:
Jump to: