Pages:
Author

Topic: If you are waiting for the "despair phase" to buy like in 2011 consider this - page 3. (Read 10237 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 250
The difference is Bitcoin is useful! ...

Somewhat.  I'm certain pedophiles, terrorists and drug dealers have other means of securing their needs.

In my reality bitcoin is used by regular people to book hotels, buy computers or make overseas transfers with near-zero fees.

What 'reality' is this exactly? I know dozens of people, from all walks of life, and no one has even started talking about Bitcoin on his own. I get the impression that almost no one has even heard of it, let alone need it.

But then again, your avator betrays your own ideological background. As an ideologist, you likely see things you want to see, even if they do not exist in those quantities or even if they do not exist at all.
Activity: 378
Merit: 254
^
You personally know 100 people who are IT freelancers & can't get a CC?  What did they do, default on a million loans?
How about you stop hanging out with degenerates?  Those people will only bring you down to their level, until you find yourself in some sleazy hotel room--booting shit crank & watching child pr0nz from "teh deep web." Cheesy
donator
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Yeah, why pay fees when you can lose more than 30% of the purchasing power in days.
Adide from people who already own bitcoins because speculation or drugs, why should the average joe go through the hassle of buying bitcoins to pay for stuff online?
Why?

I personally know about a hundred of people who doesn't have credit card or paypal and it's really problem for them to buy something online or receive money from abroad.
They are not drug dealers, but IT freelancers and outsourced contractors who live not in US and they found that receiving their wage in bitcoin is cheapest and easiest way.
Yes, volatility is inconvenient sometimes, but anyway the other ways to receive money from foreign clients will usually cost them more (over 10%) and require much more time to receive.

You probably don't know, but for those who doesn't have credit card or paypal, it costs around 10% to use third-party service to order goods or pay for something online.

Activity: 462
Merit: 107
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

Somewhat.  I'm certain pedophiles, terrorists and drug dealers have other means of securing their needs.

It seems that in everyday life you are surrounded with people from said categories. If so, try attending psychologist instead of flooding forums with doomsday messages.
In my reality bitcoin is used by regular people to book hotels, buy computers or make overseas transfers with near-zero fees.

Yeah, why pay fees when you can lose more than 30% of the purchasing power in days.
Adide from people who already own bitcoins because speculation or drugs, why should the average joe go through the hassle of buying bitcoins to pay for stuff online?
Why?
donator
In my reality bitcoin is used by regular people to book hotels, and rape children while smoking crystal there.

Isn't that exactly what I'm saying???

You are just sick
In my reality bitcoin is used by regular people to book hotels, and rape children while smoking crystal there.

Isn't that exactly what I'm saying???
donator

Somewhat.  I'm certain pedophiles, terrorists and drug dealers have other means of securing their needs.

It seems that in everyday life you are surrounded with people from said categories. If so, try attending psychologist instead of flooding forums with doomsday messages.

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
They're dead now, but sure a lot of people got wiped out. Bitcoin is not tulip bulbs though. why not whack out a south sea chart to mix it up a bit?

The difference is Bitcoin is useful! It doesn't mean it will win the war but it should win it.
I still se a lot of bitcoiners still say "but... but... bitcoin crashed from $32 to $2 in 2011 and then recovered! don't worry folks everything's just fine! History will repeat itself and the cycle will go on forever and ever  Cool"

Looks like my thread didn't do any good for those poor souls  Undecided
Can't help them, can't educate them  Undecided

Cause they've never experienced a penny stock pump and dump.  Bitcoin "the scene" is eerily similar.  Same mantras. 
I still se a lot of bitcoiners still say "but... but... bitcoin crashed from $32 to $2 in 2011 and then recovered! don't worry folks everything's just fine! History will repeat itself and the cycle will go on forever and ever  Cool"

Looks like my thread didn't do any good for those poor souls  Undecided
Can't help them, can't educate them  Undecided

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Activity: 532
Especially during crashes and bubbles, it's important to try to keep both sides of the trade in perspective, as well as all the factors that could be in play or may be in the future.  Right now, nobody really knows what the state of bitcoin will be ten years from now, or what the price will be.  If they did, the price would already be there.

Bull case: a lot of money has been invested in bitcoin businesses in the last couple years, so it has some decent support.  There are still a lot of people who believe that bitcoin will succeed, and will likely buy in if the price drops low enough.  It's also important to consider that all it takes is one large investor (individual/group/institution) who has several million dollars to spend and the price could sky-rocket.  I would also think that some of the richer investors and businesspeople would start to defend their stake in the bitcoin economy by trying to manipulate the price higher.

Bear case: Bitcoin is still fairly new and has issues that need to be worked out.  A lot of financial institutions and money processors have been working on fast, efficient ways of sending money from one person to another.  These could compete with bitcoin and keep bitcoin less attractive.  You also have the unfriendliness of some governments toward bitcoin.  All it would take is the US government coming out with crushing regulations or an outright ban, and bitcoin could die very quickly.  It's also possible that if the price doesn't recover enough soon enough, many miners may stop mining, and block times could skyrocket, making mining that much less attractive.  Bitcoin could die simply due to such a technical issue (although that could possibly be fixed if enough of the community agrees to an updated algorithm/block time).

So there are lots of good points on both sides.  The first and best thing you can do is to recognize and accept that you cannot predict with certainty which way bitcoin will go.
Yeah, once this whole thing collapses, there will be silence.

They should put bitcointalk thread pages in a museum when this is all over.

Let's play "Spot the difference", shall we?

Before (when I posted the thread)

After
[/img

Congratulations into sucking in noobs who listen to your advice and they hodl.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 261
★ Investor | Trader | Promoter
Sooooooooooooo did anybody listen?
Or we losing fortunes here?

Looks like we are on track.

This is not a joke you fools, people are losing actual real money over this shit.

I wish people's thoughts of that time were somehow documented so we could read about "cheap tulips"

I also hope this forum will exist 10 years from now for educational purposes, but somehow I doubt it, when you enter bitcointalk you'll probably see this

Activity: 515
Merit: 506
Screw It, Let's Do It
That they are losing money is best for them.
They call it filthy fiat. So better get rid of it.

Sooooooooooooo did anybody listen?
Or we losing fortunes here?

Looks like we are on track.

[/img

This is not a joke you fools, people are losing actual real money over this shit.
legendary
Activity: 1232
yeah I don't think tulips solved the byzantine generals problem or could be configures easily as a trustless distributed network. But hey that's just me.

Solving the Byzantine generals problem is a pointless when you have no armies.
If you're impressed with trustless distributed networks which manage to solve it, there's a whole bevy of >>>/altcoins/.
Enjoy "investing" in them.

If I'm not being clear, I'll spell it out:  No one but a handful of paranoid libers *care* about money being decentralized.  Normal people just want money that
1) Is simple to use
2) Is accepted everywhere
3) Doesn't lose 75% of its buying power a year.

Bitcoin fails all three.  So now you're in the know Smiley

You are looking at Bitcoin at a point in time. Think of the potential. Smiley
Merit: 251
yeah I don't think tulips solved the byzantine generals problem or could be configures easily as a trustless distributed network. But hey that's just me.

If you're impressed with trustless distributed networks which manage to solve it, there's a whole bevy of >>>/altcoins/.

If I'm not being clear, I'll spell it out:  No one but a handful of paranoid libers *care* about money being decentralized.  Normal people just want money that
1) Is simple to use

I was reading in the Wall Street Journal how Oliver Bussman CIO of the Swiss bank USB was saying block chain technology can be used for financial instruments :
http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2014/10/27/ubs-cio-blockchain-technology-can-massively-simplify-banking/
Pretty sure he said "Just like tulips" of course you can have side chains on tulips, for these financial instruments, unlike Bitcoin, so they are actually better...
Activity: 28
Merit: 0

1) Is simple to use

Pages:
Jump to: