Pages:
Author

Topic: If you are waiting for the "despair phase" to buy like in 2011 consider this - page 8. (Read 10237 times)

Activity: 900
Merit: 1014
advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe
So none of these bubble inflated quite the same way bitcoin has again and again?
Activity: 462
Merit: 107
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
^^^^^

You two didn't get the point of the thread.
Too bad.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
Holy shit.

Why didn't anyone here tell me about the tulip thing before?

That's the last couple of years up in smoke.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
Thanks for enlightening us about tulip mania, as it had never been mentioned before...
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
the difference is that bitcoin is based on technology and future convenience of usage. It has a real world power and the potential to threaten the status quo.
Activity: 479
Merit: 500
They're dead now, but sure a lot of people got wiped out. Bitcoin is not tulip bulbs though. why not whack out a south sea chart to mix it up a bit?
Dotcom bubble, the South Sea bubble, the housing bubble...

Whatever floats your boat.

Thing is, I don't believe there was ever any dispute that there were bubbles or that we are In a bear market. The next few months will really be an indicator of how much interest is left. we aren't going to zero.

i think there was actually quite a lot of dispute over this. permabulls said "there is no bubble." and the long term bear market was denied on this forum for many, many months. the question is, of course, how much further it could go....
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
bigtimespaghetti.com
They're dead now, but sure a lot of people got wiped out. Bitcoin is not tulip bulbs though. why not whack out a south sea chart to mix it up a bit?

Thing is, I don't believe there was ever any dispute that there were bubbles or that we are In a bear market. The next few months will really be an indicator of how much interest is left. we aren't going to zero.
Activity: 784
Merit: 512
I'm still holding onto my tulip bulbs. It'll turn around soon!  Roll Eyes

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
bigtimespaghetti.com
Some folks are feeling that everybody is becoming bearish, so they think that is the best time to buy right?
"Be fearful when others are greedy, and be greedy when others are fearful"?

They know price crashed in the past (for example in 2011 during the bear market from $32 to $2) but recovered.

Dear friends of the interwebs. You know that speculative bubbles based on blind hype don't go up forever right?
You know that the more they go up the more difficult it becomes to keep the Pump&Dump pyramid scheme exponential trend going right?
Eventually THE bubble actually bursts and it doesn't matter anymore if price recovered from crashes and bear markets in the past.

I'm sure during the tulip bubble crash, some dudes thought it was a good idea to "be greedy" when others were "fearful" and to buy somewhere during the big crash because "they had already been there" (during the mini bubble that you can see a little bit before the big pump for example).

They thought they were smart.

They went broke.
Pages:
Jump to: