Pages:
Author

Topic: If you didn't get paid for your signature, would you still care about Bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 5542 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Signature campaigns just help my wallet with few cents, I get money for something I already do (posting). Anyway, I haven't started to use bitcoin for campaigns.
different from me, sign camp is the main income for me
if no sign camp I might earn from faucet, trading, giveaway, or another, but I still care in bitcoin

Don't only be dependent on signature campaigns, as you never know the future of signature campaigns, it might not exist in future but yes there are many other ways to earn bitcoins like trading, faucets, gambling etc. but a bit risky, the safest way to earn bitcoins is from a signature campaign, so even if don't get paid from signature campaigns we have many other opportunities to earn bitcoins.
but I dont think to earn for the bitcoin aside from sign camp , I still enjoy working in here (sign camp),
safe and a large income,  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042
#Free market
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
When I first registered with Bitcointalk, the sig campaigns were not even in existence. Most of the guys then joined the forum and started using the Bitcoin for ideological reasons. Things changed when Primedice introduced its sig campaign by the end of 2013. People realized that they could get good amounts of money, by joining such a campaign. Before Primedice, no one really cared about the sig campaigns.

Remove the sig ad and continue post (If you are truthful).

You didn't reply to the OP question "If you didn't get paid for your signature, would you still care about Bitcoin?".
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
I would always do my regular posting anyway, because im addicted to internet forums such as this one, because this is the only place on the planet I can share my enthusiast for Bitcoin, no one in real life knows what Bitcoin is so im stuck there.
Activity: 854
Merit: 658
rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt
Absolutely I would, to me, signature campaigns are just another way to passively earn coins while I posy on the forum. Its like a nice little bonus.
I think most of us reached this community/forum without even knowing what a signature campaign was

I literally just found out about sig campaigns a week ago, after messing with btc/alts for years...so if sig campaigns would somehow disappear altogether, I'd still be here...

Wink
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Signature campaigns just help my wallet with few cents, I get money for something I already do (posting). Anyway, I haven't started to use bitcoin for campaigns.
if no sign camp I might earn from faucet, trading, giveaway, or another, but I still care in bitcoin

Don't only be dependent on signature campaigns, as you never know the future of signature campaigns, it might not exist in future but yes there are many other ways to earn bitcoins like trading, faucets, gambling etc. but a bit risky, the safest way to earn bitcoins is from a signature campaign, so even if don't get paid from signature campaigns we have many other opportunities to earn bitcoins.
lol
Are you serious?
I have invested a huge load of my savings into Bitcoin, because:
1) I don't trust banks and am pretty sure, the whole system will crash in a few years and so following scenarios might happen
  a) Euro directly will lose value
  b) Banks will just take some of my money to save them self(Cypress)
  c) Banks will close and just delete my balance
2) I hope the price will go up.

also the money I earn with sig campaigns isn't really that much and posting not worth the time, if it would only be for earning BTC.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218
Change is in your hands
Ok, Signature Campaigners, this one is for you - how much is the fact that you can get paid in bitcoin for posting on this forum the biggest factor that keeps you involved in bitcoin?

"Free" money, right? (almost...we do give up our time.) I can earn some bitcoin without having to risk my own money, right? What have I got to lose?

How many of you have thought these sentiments and can honestly admit that if this opportunity for earning didn't exist you would not care about bitcoin?

Remember, the poll is anonymous...

Signature campaign is just 1 way to make bitcoins, But i think its not that much profitable, There are better ways to make bitcoin, selling, trading etc Wink

So if you think this is the only way to make bitcoin, you should open your mind and see the possibilities. Smiley
Activity: 798
Move On !!!!!!
Is anyone really pathetic enough to be "interested in bitcoin" for like 10 dollars a week? Seriously? That sounds really lame.

My sign campaign ended last week, but I'm still here, and my sig is still here (too lazy to remove it).

But if you were to change your question to being in it for the money, I would say yes. I'm not a libertarian, I fundamentally don't care if bitcoin succeeds or not. But I hope that I could make a good return from it succeeding, therefore I support it.

Exactly this, we are having this discussion about $15-$20 a week, I mean c'mon. I see it this way, we are all here for the good of Bitcoin, if I can get some small change while posting, why not? And if I can help advertise with the signature campaign, why wouldn't I help. It's simple as that!
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
When I first registered with Bitcointalk, the sig campaigns were not even in existence. Most of the guys then joined the forum and started using the Bitcoin for ideological reasons. Things changed when Primedice introduced its sig campaign by the end of 2013. People realized that they could get good amounts of money, by joining such a campaign. Before Primedice, no one really cared about the sig campaigns.
Activity: 294
Activity: 225
Merit: 103
Wizard
Activity: 574
There are several advantages for bitcoin to use it other than that I can earn some Online  like low dress and anonymity Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
Yep, before I know about signature campaigns here, I was using faucet only and just have earned about 0.02 BTC in total and when I got scammed for like 1mBTC, I'll get angry and sad. After I join signature campaigns, I use the BTC from them to invest in cloud mining, altcoina, and fiat (I sell BTC for fiat, then buy BTC back). However if I can't earn from signature (e.g. no campaign suitable for me/banned here), I'll stick to my current investments for BTC incomes. I'll continue to post something I think it is really have a room for me to say (e.g. something that I really disagree/extremely agree to). I'll still participate in the community even if there's no signature campaign, though maybe not as much as with signature.

but this lead to think that everyone here is for profit, and it does not matter if it come from signature from altcoin or whatever

a better question would have been, would you still care about bitcoin if you were not here for accumulating bitcoin itself?
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 1162
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Yep, before I know about signature campaigns here, I was using faucet only and just have earned about 0.02 BTC in total and when I got scammed for like 1mBTC, I'll get angry and sad. After I join signature campaigns, I use the BTC from them to invest in cloud mining, altcoina, and fiat (I sell BTC for fiat, then buy BTC back). However if I can't earn from signature (e.g. no campaign suitable for me/banned here), I'll stick to my current investments for BTC incomes. I'll continue to post something I think it is really have a room for me to say (e.g. something that I really disagree/extremely agree to). I'll still participate in the community even if there's no signature campaign, though maybe not as much as with signature.
Activity: 994
PUGG.io
i think the whole point people do signature campaigns is because they are interested in bitcoins, it presents a way for them to acquire them if there were no such thing m sure people will follow traditional ways to collect btc like faucets and such  Smiley
Faucets are just waste of time and electricity.
If you want to make Bitcoins then you should do trading, but try to understand the market first and then take further steps, because there are many cases in which the people have Lost all their money because of some wrong decisions.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
i think the whole point people do signature campaigns is because they are interested in bitcoins, it presents a way for them to acquire them if there were no such thing m sure people will follow traditional ways to collect btc like faucets and such  Smiley
Activity: 448
I love how everyone claims they would still care about bitcoin when the truth is probably 80% of those people would become inactive on bitcointalk or the bitcoin community all together if there were no signature campaigns.

I think 80% is a gross over estimation.
Most people participating in signature campaigns are long term members of the forum (with the exception of those accts who were sold by their original owner) who have been posting here for years.

Who knows what the more accurate percent is, but certainly your general point is correct.
IMHO signature campaigns are appreciated appetizers while many of us accumulate BTC by other methods as our main course.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Ugh look at all the signatures on this thread!
I don't have a signature. I post because I believe Bitcoin is the future and I want to learn more.

And for the record, I do not click on signatures.

Hahaha, yes. This comment is it! This thread is essentially a list of people with signature ads! I mean, that's what the OP is asking for, but still...it's a who's who of campaigners saying "nah, mate, theses campaigns are dust...just a nice side benefit.

I like it when people are admitting they post more. I'll do the same, I post more due to my signature ad campaign. I hope all of my posts are helpful (that's certainly my intent.) and I'd still be on the Forum, I just wouldn't be posting as much.

Cheers.
Signature campaigns encourage us to post more and more, but some others(maybe me also) posts nonsense many a times to increase their post count per week to acquire more bitcoins from signature campaign.
But everything is fair in love and war and bitcoin also.
Pages:
Jump to: