Pages:
Author

Topic: If you didn't get paid for your signature, would you still care about Bitcoin? - page 4. (Read 5542 times)

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125
I didnt get paid for posting in facebook or any social media else, but I still care and always making post there. It totally depends on how we treat bitcoin, so if you are really interested of it, then you should develop it with your opinion, criticism, advices, etc in this forum no matter if you get paid or not Wink
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I think that this a stupid question. With want to offend the poster which had open this thread. Bitcoin have nothing t do with the signature campaign. Signature campaign is one of the ways that can bring bitcoins but not the only one. I will (can) have again bitcoin even if the signature campaigns doesn't exists. So, in few words. Viva (very, very much) the signature campaign for giving me some bitcoin but who cares if that doesn't exist. I can find bitcoins even in other ways.
Yes, though the answer is clear from the poll.
Everyone who comes into Bitcoin is fantised by its features and after some time roaming around faucets they come to know about the signature campaigns (at least this case was me).
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
I think that this a stupid question. With want to offend the poster which had open this thread. Bitcoin have nothing t do with the signature campaign. Signature campaign is one of the ways that can bring bitcoins but not the only one. I will (can) have again bitcoin even if the signature campaigns doesn't exists. So, in few words. Viva (very, very much) the signature campaign for giving me some bitcoin but who cares if that doesn't exist. I can find bitcoins even in other ways.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
Yes, I would always care for bitcoin.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Of course yes, I didn't find out about bitcoin because of sig campaign so I'll still care about bitcoin
There are tons of ways to earn bitcoins, not only on sig campaign
but your main income now from signature campaign right ? Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115
Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!
Of course yes, I didn't find out about bitcoin because of sig campaign so I'll still care about bitcoin
There are tons of ways to earn bitcoins, not only on sig campaign
Activity: 294
I think there are faucets, giveaways, bonuses, services, etc to earn bitcoin beside sig campaign. So if I dont get paid from my sig camp manager, its okay. I will learn some skill like programming and graphic designing then to offer my service. Get out from bitcoin because dont get paid in sig camp is not a smart way. Anyway there are many users here who not using any sig campaign, and they still care about bitcoin.
yeah sign camp is not everything,
we can still get and earn bitcoin apart from sign camp,
like faucet or trading or other
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
in the vast majority of case, with signature you can earn some bucks, not enough to choose an economic system.

the signature are another way to earn some money on the nets, but nothing to get real cash.

Exactly this; signature campaigns are a nice bonus for posting on the forum, but they shouldn't be someone's entire interaction with Bitcoin.

Unless you live in a really crappy economy and need every penny you can make, then I can see it being a justifiable need for someone. Aside from that, you shouldn't expect to live off of a signature program.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009
One thing doesn't have to do with another. Everyone would still be connected to Bitcoin if signatures didn't exist. The real question is: would you post as much as you do without an economic incentive?

I'd definitely say yes, I would, I spent months here posting without any signature to begin with... Signatures are just a very welcome extra and they also guarantee a minimum of quality on posts, as one can be booted out of a signature campaign for spam, or unnecessary posts... Obviously no one can get rich just out of posting on Bitcointalk Cheesy I think it's just a pretty nice way of making some extra bucks, while taking advantage of something one already did frequently to begin with Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1120
I was in bitcoin a lot before I had a signature camapign
I keep holding bitcoin, and has never bitcoin, so Yes, I care about bitcoin
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
in the vast majority of case, with signature you can earn some bucks, not enough to choose an economic system.

the signature are another way to earn some money on the nets, but nothing to get real cash.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
Of course. I already had an activity of around 400 when I first joined a signature campaign. But I can't deny it has changed a bit the way I'm using this board. Without the sig, I was only visiting once or twice a week. Now that I've got it, I'm here nearly everyday.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Been active for almost 2 years and lurking for 3. I just singed up for a sig campaign today. I have used my own referral links before but interested to see how well I do. I never posted enough on a regular basis to care about the dust they send you.Wink
Dust!!!
I don't think it is dust.
For me it is good source of income(part time).
And they pay per post and to so much users and if they increase payout then their profit will be less and maybe they will close down.

I believe he was taking himself as an example, where he didn't post any notable amount to get anything more than "dust" he's talking about.
@Derrike , if you are not a regular poster, or don't keep up with forum on a regular basis, maybe you should consider joining some fixed sig. campaign, where there's low
post requirements, but calculated value per post is higher than in a regular ppp campaign.

cheers

Thanks I'll look into it. As of now I like the pay scale on the campaign I'm on now. Although I hardly use Yobit.
Activity: 378
Being honest here, all the factors you said I thought about, and you're absolutely right, I have nothing to lose when I am in a campaign posting for btc. But even if signatures campaigns didn't exist I would still be involved with btc. Not because of the job I took but my interest and fascination with this technology and currency. So later on, I would know more about btc and do bigger investments with it, at that time, the risk will come. Signature campaigns are a jumping board for new bitcoiners, it helps us to step up and get involved with more and more.
Activity: 434
Loose lips sink sigs!

We sound like freaks and nerds, and I can talk freely here about something I am seriously hooked on like a drug. I think my kids will suffer more, if they take the signature campaigns away. ^joke^

Signature campaigns help to fund beginner Bitcoiner's and also help them to learn more and keep them committed to
the cause. If this forum takes this away from them, they will move to other forums where it's allowed. If they are only here for the money, they will waste their time and they will eventually spam and get modded and banned.  Tongue

Yeah, I agree with you. Some one else wrote @so people are just here for the signature campaigns?" Obviously that's not the case going by all the responses here.

I'm glad that the majority of you would be here regardless of the signature campaigns. I hope those that admit to posting more frequently due to pay are doing so constructively. And most important, I hope this helps changed one of the negative opinion about those that engage in a signature campaign. We're party if this community and we have genuine interest in the success of the Bitcoin Project.
Activity: 798
Move On !!!!!!
Ok, Signature Campaigners, this one is for you - how much is the fact that you can get paid in bitcoin for posting on this forum the biggest factor that keeps you involved in bitcoin?

"Free" money, right? (almost...we do give up our time.) I can earn some bitcoin without having to risk my own money, right? What have I got to lose?

How many of you have thought these sentiments and can honestly admit that if this opportunity for earning didn't exist you would not care about bitcoin?

Remember, the poll is anonymous...

Yes, course I do care about Bitcon and I would still be here posting if there wasn't signature campaigns.

Proof? Well, I have enrolled into signature campaign with the activity of 392 for the first time ever. If I only cared about getting paid I wouldn't be waiting for a year to start getting paid. Also, before I created this account, I was an active lurker for over 6 months. I've been with Bitcoin for almost 2 years now!
legendary
Activity: 1722
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
Been active for almost 2 years and lurking for 3. I just singed up for a sig campaign today. I have used my own referral links before but interested to see how well I do. I never posted enough on a regular basis to care about the dust they send you.Wink
Dust!!!
I don't think it is dust.
For me it is good source of income(part time).
And they pay per post and to so much users and if they increase payout then their profit will be less and maybe they will close down.

I believe he was taking himself as an example, where he didn't post any notable amount to get anything more than "dust" he's talking about.
@Derrike , if you are not a regular poster, or don't keep up with forum on a regular basis, maybe you should consider joining some fixed sig. campaign, where there's low
post requirements, but calculated value per post is higher than in a regular ppp campaign.

cheers
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
I first found out about bitcoin and the way to make money with my computer in 2013. It was too late to seriously earn some money with a graphics card with my high power rates.
Early this year i made my way back to bitcoin. I found out about cloud mining and the new asics that are used. I got deeper and deeper to the topic. It wasn't longer all about the money. I bought a 2GHS USB miner just for fun. Knowing that i never see the 6€ that i invested into it. Then i invested 20€ in a cloud mining company. I'm a heavy bitcoin fan now.
It's not longer about making money, but get the advantages of this currency. Here in Germany we have a game shop, that offers 3% discount on payments with bitcoin.

So i would definitely care about Bitcoin and Litecoin if i wouldn't get paid.

And yes i have a signature and i like the art to get paid for posting. It's great to get paid for this fun in the forums!
Further i'm gaining most of my bitcoin from it, since 0.001 from faucets is not enough to seriously get into bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1246
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
I have posted a few thousand posts and most of them was done not wearing a signature, nor getting paid. I care just as much about bitcoin and the forum now as that when I first started a few years ago.

For the guys that only care about bitcoin or the forum because of signature campaigns, I feel a little sorry for you because unless you live in a cheap country where it enables you to live then you are wasting time just posting for extra bitcoin.

Post because you want to not to get paid and if it is the only reason you are here then your best bet is to leave and get a job in real life.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
In the beginning this forum was great tool for me to learn more about bitcoin technology, history, services, everything.
As I become more experienced user and learn about different ways how to collect or earn bitcoin, I also become interested in signature campaigns.
I started to think, if I already regularly write on this forum and somebody is willing to pay me for it, why not?
Why not use a good opportunity for additional income, for something I do every day Smiley
So, I cared about bitcoin before signature campaigns, and I will care even after sig. campaigns, because of things I can learn or hear here.
Pages:
Jump to: