Pages:
Author

Topic: If you had 10000$ - page 34. (Read 39878 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 10
October 31, 2018, 07:47:24 AM
If you had 10000$ where would you invest it?  I'm hoping for 10x in about 2 years, how would you personally split that money? There are so many altcoins that I dont know which to pick, I remember the top 5 altcoins from years ago and  now they are all gone, so should I only invest in  BTC end ETH or others like NEO, ADA and EOS?
If I have that big amount of money I will invest 40% in BTC, 20% ETH, 10% ADA, 10% EOS, 20% will go to cheap altcoins that under $1 price like PRL, TRX. This portfolio will surely a good option for me.
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
October 31, 2018, 09:31:10 AM
A 10K dollar in your hands is quiet a good capital to start an investments or business , but for us that we are in the cryptocurrency world  then 10K dollars ,can invest many altcoins in the market and you choose what altcoin you are believing you can benefits your investmrnts and will gain profit someday.
Activity: 61
Merit: 2
October 31, 2018, 09:30:25 AM
I would actually say, that 10x is impossible in two years by just hodling - "impossible" in the way, that natural grow will not be able to reach 10x in the next 2 years. Even IF there is another 2017 price spike.. hitting the right time for the sell button is again: luck.

If you really want to reach a 10x in two years, get familiar with trading and start daytrading. HODLing will not bring you to 10x in two years (probability-wise) - you could basically play lottery for the same chance to reach your goal. What I wanna say is, if you now start to "invest XXX into lottery" you have the same rate of success, when you expect a fixed amount of profit after 2 years.
Activity: 559
Merit: 100
October 31, 2018, 08:33:38 AM
If i have 10,000$ that is good for crypto investments, i will divided by 3 as follows: 50% will go to bitcoin investment, 30% goes to ethereum investment, and the rest for other general alt coins too.
I think splitting is safe but 10x is not easy. Bitcoin is $60,000 more difficult than ETH to $2,000. Low value will have large space, so I think it is advisable to invest 100% in ETH.
Activity: 97
W12 – Blockchain protocol
October 31, 2018, 06:43:30 AM
If i have 10,000$ that is good for crypto investments, i will divided by 3 as follows: 50% will go to bitcoin investment, 30% goes to ethereum investment, and the rest for other general alt coins too.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 1128
October 31, 2018, 06:03:00 AM
I think i would invest half of it into Crypto currency and half of it opening my own business. This i think is a better move than just putting all of your 10,000 USD on crypto currency. I'd buy 3000 worth of BTC then 2000 worth of ETH and the rest would be a capital for a very small business venture that I'm really passionate about.
it is really dangerous if put all our money only into cryptocurrency market.look at future if someday your investment on crypto market getting loss and you asset value decrease and left only 10%.
One thing I have always known as a business man is that you do not take risks blindly, if you want to invest in something, just make sure you are having some extra cash somewhere you can always fall back on when things do not go as planned. Like they always say, shit happens! That is reality.

We may plan one thing and the other thing sometimes get to pop up, but at least understanding the potential of what you are going to benefit in the long term and the fact that you are not investing what you cannot afford to lose, it tend to help you to make decisions that makes a lot of sense without panicking at the end.

In this case though, if $10k is all i have, I would probably just be putting 30% of it in cryptocurrency with most of it in bitcoin, and then putting some in other businesses which does not have anything much in relation to crypto. I have always loved the idea of my money working for me, but at the same time, you still have to plan ahead of time.
Activity: 1041
Merit: 273
October 31, 2018, 04:10:15 AM
you cannot expect 10x in 2 years with a highly volatile asset. Your expectations does not match your type of investment.

you can have luck and make 10x, but there is no way to expect it. Investing in crypto is just not suitable to expect XX amount in YY of time. Maybe look into mining (stable and much better predictable) - but you won't make 10x your investment in 2 years.

If you want to take the risk, crypto is fine and you may be lucky - I would stick with BTC actually (because lowest risk).

Because honestly - there is not much other things you can do with 10k to get a high interest. real estate? not for 10k and there will be no real profit in just 2 years. There are other investment options with basically no risk at all for a whopping 2-5% per year .. it's meh .. I would go 70% BTC and 30% for mining (passive income), but that's just me
That would be my choice too. People who have got such money should invest in bitcoin. They either invest them in bitcoin or trade with it. They can even get involved in some altcoins things. This era is a chance for us, golden chance. We might be regretting over our decisions for taking bitcoin in confidence and not making good use of it. Now, they are cheap, so buy them as much as you can.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
October 31, 2018, 05:13:30 AM
If you spend $ 1000 to invest with a relaxed psyche, a mentally uninteresting failure does not seem to affect you much. Then you should invest in ETH. At peak times, ETH is priced at around $ 1000, so in the future, it's possible to increase prices by 10x.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
October 31, 2018, 04:18:25 AM
With $ 10,000, investing in ETH is a good choice. This is a potentially huge coin development. In the future, it is possible that ETH will overtake both Bitcoin and its value.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
October 31, 2018, 04:05:52 AM
If I have that amount of money, definitely willbe investing it in BTC. Admit it, the currency if the wolf of the cryptosphere it devours everything else in the market. Next that I will target is Ethereum. Btc always is used almost always in conjunction with ETH and people can attest to that. Some altcoions that I can consider are Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Monero, Ripple these are somehow stable coins good for long term holding.
Activity: 644
Merit: 113
October 31, 2018, 04:05:04 AM
10,000 USD is not that much. I'd invest it in Bitcoin. At this price you can have 1 full bitcoin for 6,300 which is cheap. Remember that only 21 million people on the planet at most are theoretically able to own one full bitcoin. The remaining 3,700 I'd invest in bitcoin mining companies stocks to diversify a bit and give me some shorter time advantage, since stocks like that can short time go up more than bitcoin itself. GPU companies and energy companies are also good longer time investment.

I also prefer Bitcoin, knowing that it has been around since Crypto beginning there is high potential for its future. But I will not fully alocate my funds on it. It would be wiser if I'll be investing on other stable alternative coin such as ETH, DASH, LTC, and the likes. This will decrease the loss from my investment. What's good also about this is that I can easily hold them all together since there is available software like HODLER wallet which is the only open source multiasset wallet l. Hodling coins is easier in a multi wallet plus the security it offers.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 322
October 31, 2018, 03:30:37 AM
I will not hesitate to invest in Bitcoin. I really do not understand too much about Crypto and blockchain technology. But I know that in the future, blockchain technology will surely be recognized and used by the world. So the price of Bitcoin will be much higher now.
That is not so. People have been investing and earning in Gold and silver since the mercantilist era and even before them for these precious coins are thought of as instruments to make you rich. So in my opinion, a capital of $10000 is more than enough to invest in both cryptocurrency and in the precious metals for storing value and for profit earning. Normally for making money, crypto business is very attractive and for storing value gold is great because it is robust towards inflation.
Activity: 154
October 30, 2018, 08:41:46 PM
If you had 10000$ where would you invest it?  I'm hoping for 10x in about 2 years, how would you personally split that money? There are so many altcoins that I dont know which to pick, I remember the top 5 altcoins from years ago and  now they are all gone, so should I only invest in  BTC end ETH or others like NEO, ADA and EOS?

If I have that money (10000$) surely I will invest it in BTC and ETH because this are the two coins have the highest coin market cap.
Activity: 364
Merit: 13
October 30, 2018, 08:31:09 PM
If I had 10'000 to invest, probably 1000$ would go in to alts, 2000-4000 would go in to BTC, the rest would go into silver or gold or posibly some stocks which i think will perform in future.
Activity: 280
October 30, 2018, 04:07:44 PM
10k dollars to do with the dollar at the moment to wait. because although the market looks like a bull, I think it has not yet been fully decided. so it would be a logical choice to wait a while.
Activity: 560
Merit: 251
October 30, 2018, 01:52:47 PM
I might want to put half of it into Cryptocurrency and half of it opening my very own business. This I believe is a perfect move than simply putting the majority of your 10,000 USD on digital currency.I want to buy some worth of BTC and ETH and the rest of the money want to invest some good altcoins like Eos, waves, litecoin, xrp etc.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 500
October 30, 2018, 01:37:28 PM
Yes, investing your money in altcoins will growth your money or gaining profit a lot of it. But please be picky of what project or ICO are you going to invest.
well, for now I think more about real investment compared to the internet. for now $ 10000 feels so much to me and it might be difficult for me to collect it. but if I have that, I might build a house for long-term investment.
Activity: 490
Merit: 123
October 30, 2018, 01:33:29 PM
i think most of us think of these scenarious from time to time.. if i had a million bucks

But If i had 10 grand ,I wont go for altcoins. Ok, possibly I would invest some part in some alts who are very low right now and in my mind has good potential, but the investment would be below 1000$. This is good enough since these small coins if sucesseful could easily bring 100x the investment.

I would invest 9000$ in other investments, possibly water related stocks, commodities or just bTC.
Activity: 87
October 30, 2018, 12:12:50 PM
If that would be the case I'll probably still invest it to cryptocurrency since it has not yet been regularize by the government and who knows what will be the future of currencies.
Activity: 685
Merit: 250
October 30, 2018, 11:17:31 AM
$ 10,000-certainly good money to invest, but do not forget that with a high probability you can lose them.
Strategy for investing the most important thing that you need.
I would not invest all the money in 1 altcoin, and would divide this amount into a portfolio of 10 top tokens to minimize the risks. And certainly in any case not to invest in garbage!.
My list:
Bitcoin 10%,
Ethereum-10%,
Ripple-10%,
EOS - 10%,
Cardano-10%,
NEO - 10%,
Ontology-10%,
Wanchain-10%,
ICON - 10%,
QuarkChain-10%
I am sure that these tokens will not be thrown into the trash and they will give a good profit over time and even more than *10.

You made a good distribution of the $10,000, but 10% each for the altcoins I think is too risky. You might ended up breakeven. A better idea would be 5% on each altcoins except bitcoin and ethereum. Bigger investment on less risky coins such as bitcoin and ethereum.
Pages:
Jump to: