Pages:
Author

Topic: If your coin increased 40% - 200% in value over night. What would you do? - page 47. (Read 36210 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 10
I will sell a portion of the top investment courses, as this opportunity may not be long. if you see a 40% increase just selling it this means pumping and then going down.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
You don't sell long-term holds. You sell short-term holds. Are you day trading? Or are you not day trading? You decide. If you are watching the charts daily, you are probably closer to a day trader than a HODLer.
Activity: 17
I would probably sell what I had, in order to then buy again at a cheaper price, it seems to me that this would be correct, because if you understand what the stock exchange is and how it works, you need not lose the opportunity try to trade on it, I think this is a good opportunity.
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
Need to look at the market situation, but most likely I will continue to hold for my personal target and don't play with buy/sell game.
Activity: 798
Merit: 17
2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022
personally i recommended to sell. i too selling. always fiat in hand very good. most liquidize item. i hodl the ZIliqa  but time to time i am selling that time because no body knows what will happen tomorrow.
Activity: 21
I always set a target myself for my coins and whenever my coin reach at my target, i sell that coin immediately because no one can guess about this market due to huge ups and down of this market in a very short span of time
Activity: 434
Merit: 104
Esport Ecosystem
because most of the holder will sell it when it reach 200% so it is better to do the same thing. increasing 200% will causing some correction after that IMHO, sometimes brand new coin will make a crazy overnight pump and then dump in the next day. and then after they dump coin we can accumulate the coin again if we believe in the project.
Activity: 602
Merit: 295
Hail Eris!
Take profit and all but you might want to first check the news or forums and see what is going on - and then think of what will be effective and not impulsively.  Depending on the news and the nature of the spike I would take more or less profit.  Dumping everything will cost in the end when there is a real bull run triggered.
Activity: 28
Definitely sell most, if not all, of the coin. You never know what might happen and I don't even like daytrading but i'd definitely take advantage of the opportunity.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 255
I have dumped several times when this happen, I have dumped when the price spikes even just up to 50%.

Just recently I dumped my Dentacoin when it rise up to 60%, I'm already waiting for its price to drop again and will start buying them back. Most of the time I get my tokens back and multiplied it and sometimes I lose too. Nothing to lose as its going to be BTC that matters to me.
Activity: 7
The market has high volatility that is why if i were you i would secure that profits or else it could be losses few hours from that gains,that is why we need to take it seriously whenever these gains has occured never let any chances to passed,take profits when you are satisfied because it could be losses all of the sudden.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Presale is live!
If I had a coin that increased in price by such margins than I would be selling the coins with no hesistation because if there is one thing that I have learned in the market is that when you see a price hike, then there is a dip that is following it not far behind. I would sell off my coins, wait for the inevitable dip and then buy back into the same coin again. Rinse and repeat, always works.
Activity: 574
Merit: 102
the first thing i do, i will look on the market trend, if after market bullish the trend keep buying ill wait little bit, but if theres so much sell demand ill cut the profit and get out. this is too risky for waiting more time if the market already reached 40% up price. there will be buyout saturation
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
What I would do is that I would definitely sell them for a profit. Then once it dips again then I will try to buy the same amount of these coins. Then once the price rises again then I will sell. Very basics of trade, buy low sell high. That's it!
Activity: 210
If my coins increase that far i would go for sell because coins never go straightly up.
The coin will retrace and buy again at cheaper price.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001
I will sell it if I think I have profits from the sale after it was deducted by the fees. In trading we do not need to be greedy to expect big profits because we also do not know whether the price will rise or turn down again.
Activity: 322
if it goes up to 200% then of course I will sell it because such increase will very rarely happen, and if it's only 40% then I'd better rethink what I would do and consider first to hold or sell.
Activity: 350
If overnight the price of the token increases by 200%, then I would sell 50%, and hodl 50% in a long time. This applies to coins, which I buy in a long time.
Activity: 19
I will sell immediately and wait for the dip, it may take days to dip down to my desired entry point but with patients I will buy back my position
Activity: 199
Merit: 10
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

Thoughts? What would you do?
If you already up for 200% I think it is better to sell and wait for a big dump before buying back again. Holding is a good strategy but we must also learn how to take an opportunity when to sell to get profit and buy once the market collapse.
Pages:
Jump to: