Pages:
Author

Topic: If your coin increased 40% - 200% in value over night. What would you do? - page 49. (Read 36210 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 503
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

Thoughts? What would you do?

If we base on a buy and sell principle, a 20 percent add-on from your capital really a better price to sell your product, how much more if your holding coins are already increases by 40 percent, so I suggest to dump it all because it is surely a big profit , then wait for the next opportunity for you to invest or find other altcoin that has a potential to grow .

Exactly and that's a wise way to do I mean it's too much and don't hope for more profit because greediness can turn your profit to lessen or the worst turn to losses. Then buy back scheme will be the best so just dump it quickly and don't think twice and just think not everybody can profit that much.
copper member
Activity: 350
Merit: 1
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

If we base on a buy and sell principle, a 20 percent add-on from your capital really a better price to sell your product, how much more if your holding coins are already increases by 40 percent, so I suggest to dump it all because it is surely a big profit , then wait for the next opportunity for you to invest or find other altcoin that has a potential to grow .
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
Semi-Decentralized Exchange

In my own opinion I am going to hold it if I am not in need but their are times or circumstances that in need I am going to sell it for some reason. If you gain more the plan will depends on the situation. Everyones reason depends on its happenings. That will matter most on your distribution of your savings either save more or less.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
I would certainly sell most of these coins. After such a rise, the price will necessarily be adjusted, then it will be possible to buy this coin again. But at the same time you will already be in profit.
Activity: 317
Merit: 1
I sold it, especially since a large percentage of my profit here. We do not know what can happen, it can also fall fast so we should be smart in these situations. But if your faith really tough and you know you purchased altcoins, still it 's up decision

After selling it maybe I will buy another coin but looking for an affordable price so that later will get a profit back. Since it's not easy getting 40% in one night, maybe it's just a dream for me. If it is me then do not waste time, I will sell it
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
I'm tired of holding, I prefer to sell 50%-60% of my rewards, and hold other 30%-40% what depends on a coin.   
Activity: 140
Merit: 5
I will sell 75% of it then hold the remaining balance. It would be appropriate for my case to sell a higher percentage of my investment...
Activity: 2730
Merit: 632

If you are already aware that you are already on profits then it always been wise to secure out profits and get out as soon as possible.Even myself do in that situation will definitely do such thing.Dont be late and take the chances on making money.Those kind of opportunities do only comes by chances this is why with just common sense we will take out profits but if you can risk out to hold for longer then its your choice.
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
Ccfound
going to sell it but only my capital budget, and to invest it in other potential raising altcoin or eth. and the rest of my profit will stay and hold for long term.
learning from annual, monthly and daily market trend. If i find more potential to raise again, i definitely will hold...if no i will directly sell all of it
Activity: 476
Merit: 100

If this would happen, I would sell my coins. This is the part where the coins starts to increased. And the fact that it exceeded my preferred value is also the right time for me to sell those coins. It is a good chance and opportunity. Who knows when the day after that the coins will gradually decreases and it's lose. So for me, we should sell if that coins reaches 200%
Activity: 406
Merit: 11

I will take a profits and wait until prices is good to buy again. If the coin have a big gaining, i think it will be good to investing it.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000
increase 40% or more only in the over night indeed good profit but i personally will considers to hold or sell depending on the market situations that if the market still positive at least the price still climbing up then i would wait because possibly i will increase my profit too but if the market movement are going to slow down and possibly to fall then it's the best time to sold my coins immediately
Activity: 59
Of course, sell it and sell it immediately. Because mainstream coins are unlikely to rise so much, altcoin rises are usually accompanied by selling, and what you have to do is sell them before others.
Activity: 644
Merit: 100
There were cases increased,just the case of how much it was originally worth when you bought it,maybe she's after your purchase minus the X5 did,and then gave 200%,meaning sell now?! if you in minus 300% are,so that it is important still this look
Activity: 109
Merit: 2
Kill myself. How the fuck we will pay out all the people. That would be like bank run.  Grin
Activity: 1092
Merit: 250
Hodlers Network
of course i will sell it as soon as possible
but, i will rebuy when the corrections is coming, in deeper price

Activity: 22
always keep holding thats the best way. as per my example i keep holing eth in January it rose up to 15000$. personally i do not recommended the Day trading. if most experienced persons also lost.
Activity: 98
if i get coin increase 40% until 200% in value over night i direct sell it all of my coin, because i think that is change of us. if we hold it again i can said its greedy because like we know we can predict market, after that night maybe the market back normal again and we loss of our change. so sell it
Activity: 130
If it really rises to 200%, I will get back the principal of my investment and the money that makes 50% of the money. The rest will continue to hold for a long time, and when the price is low, I will buy some coins.
Activity: 294
Merit: 114
I think this already happen last year. Sell it immediately, because I've made a profit. I think I will be very happy. In such a short period of time, too much gain must have a big drop. If the price and the amount of btc is enough, I will sell it. Therefore, only by making profits available can we achieve no loss. I want to save my btc until the price go up so high and I can realize all my dreams. Then go to the next opportunity. That is my plan. If it the chart says its still an uptrend, I will wait. I hope I can make that happen. From my past experiences, being too much greedy might lead you losing your gains. But I do not know how long.
Pages:
Jump to: