Pages:
Author

Topic: If your coin increased 40% - 200% in value over night. What would you do? - page 43. (Read 36210 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 10
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

Thoughts? What would you do?

When we choose to be long-term investors, we are always reminded of patience. I think patience is not limited when prices fall, but more tested as prices rise.
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
Like everyone, the first reaction will be happy. But when we decide on investing in crypto, we should have set an initial goal.
And for long-term investors, perhaps a 200% rise has not reached its goal.
Activity: 125
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

I think that while we are watching the bearish trend it makes sense to sell when the coin grows x2-x3. Lately, not many coins can give a lot of xxx so i try to close my positions even in not a big plus. I see no reason to wait very long Roll Eyes
Activity: 301
Merit: 100
Next Generation Antivirus
In this situation, I would sell the coins.  You can sell a part or all, and when it goes to correction, it's cheaper to buy again.  This will definitely be beneficial, since after a pump correction is inevitable
Activity: 182

How do you know if it's profitable? Perhaps one of the biggest regrets of investors is to sell too fast when they think they've gotten big profits.
Activity: 118

Maybe sleep well
Activity: 399
Merit: 16
If I have bought the token and had an increase in value by 200% then I would sell it.  That is a great return on investment.  Crypto market sometimes get a stir and I would prefer to sell if I am quick to avail of the price hike.  Price hike sometimes has many factors and the one that is to watch for is a stir that could dump the price the next day and in the coming months or years.
Activity: 21
You don't sell long-term holds. You sell short-term holds. Are you day trading? Or are you not day trading? You decide. If you are watching the charts daily, you are probably closer to a day trader than a HODLer.
Activity: 35
I would analyze the market if the forecasts are optimistic, maybe a little longer would wait, but most likely I would sell it and wait for another drop to buy again.
Activity: 236
it all depends on the situation and what kind of cryptocurrency has grown. sometimes it can be a very short time interval when the price is rising and then on to be falling all the time. and maybe on the contrary, that prices will constantly go up. in each situation, you need to act differently.
Activity: 183
I think it's too risky when it gets 200% overnight and goes up.

I also had this morning trading in the local market, rising in a few hours to the number 20% and it has made me fortunate.

If you hold back until it rises to the top and then descends, then you are a greedy person.
Activity: 157
You can't see this kind of profit at any investment model in a year or more, so if you see it overnight, sell it asap. An increase like this is most probably a pump or manipulation, so that means the price will fall back faster in mean time. Sell it.
Activity: 350
If an increase of + 50% I do not sell coins, because the growth of coins may be even greater in the future. If the growth is + 100% or higher, I would sell about 50% of the coins.
Activity: 19
If my coin increases by 200% per night, then I will sell half.  If the coin increases by less than 100%, I will look at the number of coins in my portfolio.  Most likely a part of selling, but when there is a correction in the market, then again I will buy.
Activity: 133
Your question is very interesting. I saw other aspects. In other words, when it is pulled up, someone must face the salesperson. At that time everyone was on the market. This is a wonderful time. Then they sell themselves as a group, but people with large sums of money are slowly shipping. Very advanced game. It is so understand it. Create a high position and leave early.
Activity: 106
It depends on my initial plans before buying the coin.  If I bought it for long term I will still hodl but if I bought it with the intention to make short term profit I will sell immediately without wasting one second
Activity: 364
if it happens I at least sell half the coins or take my capital and leaving the initial capital but it rarely happens often I miss that opportunity but maybe that's what I'll do when I get 200%, and I will not sell coins entirely  Cheesy
Activity: 18
Definitely take some profits. How much depends on the percentage seeing as how 40-200 is quite a big range Wink Perhaps set that aside to reinvest on a pullback or either re-invest that into another opportunity.
Activity: 364
Merit: 16
https://crowdsale.network
I’d sell half and hold the other half until the end of the year. I’d use the proceeds to fulfill a travel goal, the other half to invest in other coins.
Activity: 756

I have never had such an experience when any of my coins increase to 40-200% over the night. And it is difficult for me to say what to do in such occasion. But I suppose I would sell some part of my coins.
Pages:
Jump to: