Pages:
Author

Topic: If your coin increased 40% - 200% in value over night. What would you do? - page 53. (Read 36210 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 8
When it increases that fast overnight, I would be afraid of a huge selloff right around the corner. I would sell 2/3 of the coins right away and hold the rest and see what happens. Profits are profits. You don't want to get too greedy and wait for your coins to produce lambo money. I would take profits here and there.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

Thoughts? What would you do?
Nope, i would sell it since I've got profits in that price increased because we don't know what will happen if it continued pumping or dumping, or if you are a longterm holder it is depends on you if you want to sell it or hold it.
It was all back on each person gan because we know what happened to Morrow, because the price per day coin it will increasingly go up depending on the condition of getting down in the market also hell
Activity: 196
Merit: 5
If you are happy and ease with your gains you should take profits because you could lose anything
For me i would follow the price until reaches the maximum point and the sell the coins  so i will get a maximum profit.
And i hope its a truly happen now. But if the price high a significant 200% of course i sell it.
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
if i have a coin/token that is 200% in value over night, i will sell most of them and buy me bitcoin and eth.

If the price falls after the pump and i believe in the coin/token, i would buy the coins/token back to a lower price.
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
Personally I would sell. It happened to me with TRX in the January madness it went up 100% in a day and by greedy I did not sell, then it went from 0.3 $ to 0.05 $, it even reached 0.03 $
Activity: 181
if during the night the coin has increased in price so I would have tried to find information about this growth and then decided to sell it or wait
Activity: 54
With an increase of 200%, I would most likely have sold it, because perpetual growth is not possible and obviously there will be a correction, but in generally I would be happy. There were similar cases
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
I will sell 75% of it then hold the remaining balance. It would be appropriate for my case to sell a higher percentage of my investment...

I think I'd do something similar, maybe sell more than 75% though, if not all since it might fall again the next day
Activity: 126
I will sell 75% of it then hold the remaining balance. It would be appropriate for my case to sell a higher percentage of my investment...
Activity: 168
I think that in such a situation , if the price rose 40% - 200% need sell . No need to risk and wait, the price may drop
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
That happaned to me at laest 1000 times with all the airdrop coins i had, the day after all went down Smiley . If i have a 100k investment in crpto, then i would react in another way Smiley)
Activity: 349
Merit: 10
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

Haha I will sell all. If the coin price increases dramatically, it's not good for holding. It is an anomaly and maybe it's trap by shark  Grin I have been in that situation many times. And no coin can maintain the price after one weeks. Other ways, this is rare opportunity of your life. Do not be greedy. You should sell it all when possible
Activity: 882
Merit: 500

If the price of the coin is increasing 10-20% then we can see that guinine increase in demand of the coin but when increase in the price of the coin looking to about 100%+ ( I am talk about big potential coin not about 1-2 sat valued coin ) then surely there should be much chances that the price will get down to low and in that case it remains Always better to sell them at that high price .
And also a big thing that I seen in many cases of coins that when they get much high at about 200-300% high then in that case they get dump for small time , so better to sell at high and buy at small dump and after that sell with again pump ( usually two pump we can see in market of the cryptocurrency easily ) .
Activity: 196
If this is a good coin, I would hold it.  If this is an unstable coin, then I would sell half or all.
Activity: 485
Merit: 105

Nope, i would sell it since I've got profits in that price increased because we don't know what will happen if it continued pumping or dumping, or if you are a longterm holder it is depends on you if you want to sell it or hold it.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
If my coin increases by 200% per night, then I will sell half.  If the coin increases by less than 100%, I will look at the number of coins in my portfolio.  Most likely a part of selling, but when there is a correction in the market, then again I will buy.
Activity: 160

Depends on the alt. If its some highly speculative low market cap coin i would sell it 100% since it would probably be a pump and dumb scam. Ofc you can check the news too it might be rising due to some positive deal.

If the coin is already highly respected top 100 market cap coin i would sell 10-50% depending on the reason its price increased.
Activity: 100
If the coin you are holding increased by 40%-200%, you may take some considerations because around 40-70% may be low for you to gain profit if you tried to sell the coins but if the your coins increased overnight higher than 70% you should sell those coins especially if the coins hit the 200% mark it will be a great profit if you do that regarding or the coins.
Activity: 322
Merit: 11
Take a point at which when you earn in an investment you should be selling. Make a target dont be a greedy man waiting for more, after all a gain is a gain.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250

This is a very good increase I were in your position I would hold it till higher profit.I bought ETH in Nov-17 at $ 299 and now it's on $607 I am in high margin now despite this still I am holding my investments waiting for bull period.I am doing day trading with my investment and getting good profit on my investment.I support day trading and long term trading because I am getting return from both of them.
Pages:
Jump to: