Pages:
Author

Topic: If your coin increased 40% - 200% in value over night. What would you do? - page 55. (Read 36210 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 110
I would set some orders.
First, I would sell 30% of that coin right away, set a stop loss order and a take profit order. And finally, keep 20% of the coin in the wallet. I think that this could bring me the biggest gains because I can profit the most from the rise.
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
If it happened to my coin,I will sell it right away and wait for a low price to continue buying.
Activity: 110
i really don't think daytrading is a good idea and generally prefer hodling, but i would try to take advantage of the unexpected situation and just sell. you never know when the coin might drop again so better act quick when possible.

If this situation or an opportunity comes like this I probably sell, maybe not all my coins.  The price is not stable, sometimes decrease or increase. So we better smart in our action when it comes to coin.
Activity: 46
If the price will get to 100 to 200% i will sell my coins immediately, then if i believe in that coin i can buy back at 50% when the price dip or corrrect, and probably take my profit at 50%.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036
That should have been decided before investing, it will be your goal, not after the coin hits 40% to 100% growth. You will most likely be over powered by greed and hold on to the coin longer hoping for a bigger profit. This happened to me when ANTS was renamed to NEO and price shoot up to 0.01BTC. I hold on to NEO longer thinking that its the next big thing like ETH but unfortunately price went down before the ghost month of 2017 started.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

Thoughts? What would you do?
I would sell half of it and leave the other half or some to myself, so if it increases even more, I wouldn't be in that situation, why did I sell and there wouldn't be regrets! If the coin decreases I would buy back this half or whatever I sold back at a lower price! So you don't have to sell all, leave some as a long term investment, only sell amount that will suit your profit in the short term ! Hope my advise is clear, good luck
Activity: 329
Merit: 250
Bitcoin may be the TCP/IP of money.
You don't sell long-term holds. You sell short-term holds. Are you day trading? Or are you not day trading? You decide. If you are watching the charts daily, you are probably closer to a day trader than a HODLer.
copper member
Activity: 301
Merit: 2
I actually also like daily trading, but once I do not hate long-term trading. if only in trading I find my coins up to 100% or even up to 200% then I will immediately sell his coins. I do not care what people say, whether after I sell the coin then I can buy it again. as much as possible I will wait for the price down to buy it again, but if it turns out the price and does not go down, then I will look for other coins to trade.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
Lol no need asking seriously I will sell it off fast and fast 😂
Activity: 406
I always set a target myself for my coins and whenever my coin reach at my target, i sell that coin immediately because no one can guess about this market due to huge ups and down of this market in a very short span of time. Greediness always give losses because whenever a coin reach your target then you make a new target for you and if market drop suddenly it even break your old target and then take a very long time to reach your first target.
Activity: 196
Comprehensive Blockchain Billing Protocol
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

With such volumes, we have repeatedly seen that the price immediately drops even by a higher percentage than it rose, so there is no doubt that you need to sell it in order to invest in a new one. In the conditions of the crisis, I observed this situation with the tron.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
dApps Development Automation Platform
If, for instance, my coin’s value increase around 40-80% of its price and it had somehow reached my target, then i would probably hodl it for it might increase a bit higher. However, if its overnight increase is about 90% or more, i will definitely take on the profit and reinvest it to another coin especially if my profit have reached my target value. I will grab tgis opportunity since we can never know, value might drop a few hours after.
Activity: 476
I think that it's more than a good sign that it's time to sell it Smiley I would not risk continuing holding it long with such market.
Yes if my coin price increased 200% without thinking anything i will sell all my coins. I know after a big pump again the market will come down so again i will buy it for less price. in that time holding is no use. you will just miss opertunity to make money that's it.
That's right. Selling at a high price and buying at a low price are not contradictory. On the contrary, this is very reasonable, because that means I really care about this coin.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
I think that it's more than a good sign that it's time to sell it Smiley I would not risk continuing holding it long with such market.
Yes if my coin price increased 200% without thinking anything i will sell all my coins. I know after a big pump again the market will come down so again i will buy it for less price. in that time holding is no use. you will just miss opertunity to make money that's it.
Activity: 387
Merit: 12
Of course I will sell my all coins! I never like to hold for alive. And the crypto market always remain be volatile. That's why if my coins 40-200% then I will sell. If I think that price can be grow higher then I will sell 70% and will hold rest of 30% of coins.
Activity: 36
 I will sell 50% of my coins since it can either increase again or decrease. In any case i will know that i gained from my coins and did not loose to the extreme.
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
APOLLOX Protocol
Activity: 490
Merit: 10
SEND AND RECEIVE MONEY INSTANTLY
Actually, I've already. NXT made a profit of close to 100% in 1 day in December. But I did not sell it because Bittrex explained that you would support it. I expected it to get even higher. The price is already ATH that price rise. I saw live the NXT crossed 14K. I tasted the price rise. then fall into pain. I stumbled and I said Hodl. You already know the result. I sold NXT, which I did not sell at 100%, with 10% profit.
Activity: 255

Of course, I would say that it is better to sell because you will do that on a reasonable basis Smiley All the time I remember crypto, pump always changes by price decrease. So, as soon as you see the 100% increase over night - be ready for the drop. Just take a look at Dentocoin, REQ, Zclassic and many many more. 
Activity: 286
Cryptics

Ofcourse i will sell them all as an increase of 200% overnight is not healthy. If it's only 40-70% increase then i will search for the cause, i will ask in telegram group or search for news in ann or their website/blog. There has to be a big news that can drive the price so high, if there's none then it's mostly pump and dump so it's better to get rid of it faster.
Pages:
Jump to: