Pages:
Author

Topic: If your coin increased 40% - 200% in value over night. What would you do? - page 54. (Read 36210 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 16
40 and 200 % of profit are different things.
With a profit of 40%, i'm unlikely to close the deal, but at 200% - the probability is high. Smiley Usually in such cases, I sell 50% of the coin holdings to recoup the investment amount, the rest of holdings i'm going to hold for years in case of big earnings.

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Definitely take some profits. How much depends on the percentage seeing as how 40-200 is quite a big range Wink Perhaps set that aside to reinvest on a pullback or either re-invest that into another opportunity.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
200% overnight would give us just 2x profit. Is it that profit everyone is looking for Grin ? I guess not.
The OP question should have been "If your coin increased by 20 times what would you do?" Only this math makes sense
Activity: 233
Merit: 10
I would immediately sell because it is possible to go down. Then you can buy back with more profit. But it is better to leave part of the money in a coin, just in case.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

Thoughts? What would you do?

In this case, if I have a good amount of these coins I will definitely sell them. We all see now how the prices on the market can jump, and the falls are also very painful. I'd probably use my chance to earn money.
Anyway I have some coins only for long term holding, so with this part of cryptoes I will not do anything.
Activity: 434
Merit: 262
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

some people say that after such rise definitely will be low. that is why you can sell on high and buy again when low. but there is a problem. you never know where market will go next. so my opinion - in most cases - just hold or sell everything and buy another coin.
Activity: 728
Merit: 104
I would probably sell what I had, in order to then buy again at a cheaper price, it seems to me that this would be correct, because if you understand what the stock exchange is and how it works, you need not lose the opportunity try to trade on it, I think this is a good opportunity.
Activity: 28
I definitely sell them. It was instant cash. We don't if it goes higher or going down.
Activity: 252
You need to analyze the situation of this coin and make a decision! But more likely I'd rather hold a coin!
Activity: 210
It's a very controversial question, like you start to worry that you will suddenly fall down and not have time to sell, but there is also the possibility that growth will go on.
Activity: 112

Of course I will sell out to make sure the amount of profit I earned belongs to me. then I will wait until the price continues to go down again and I will buy again. That is the basic method but very useful for me
Activity: 938
Merit: 256
If a coin's price decrease that bad, there must be a reason, maybe the project is officially scam or ppl leave it because of a thing.
I will probably sell it to reduce the loss.
Activity: 167
Merit: 2
Contact me if you need a Telegram Moderator

I will sell immediately than get dumped upon. If not all, at least I will take my initial investment in USD/sat/eth out then hold the rest.
I cant hold while the token is pumping for the last to be delisted. It's always wise to take your initial investment. You can use profits to invest in infrastructure projects which are down in price and accumulating.
Activity: 700
Merit: 11
I would buy a lambo... Just kidding. If I gain such profits over night, I would sell off then buy back at dip or look for another altcoin to trade. I love the excitement day trading brings. Many people would continue holding but to be on safer side its best you sell off at once unless if you are doing long term trading that requires you to keep hodling for a long time.
Activity: 546
Merit: 1
haha, nice question, what else you think, of course i will buy an real asset like house or appartment, car, holiday and etc for being profit around 200%
Activity: 294
That depends on many factors, if you need to invest in another potential project such as you could sell or sell a part. If it's your idle it does not affect your other investment, you can hold it for higher returns.
Activity: 196
Merit: 5
If you are happy and ease with your gains you should take profits because you could lose anything
For me i would follow the price until reaches the maximum point and the sell the coins  so i will get a maximum profit.

And i hope its a truly happen now  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 196
I think if this is a good coin, I advise you to hold it.  And if not, immediately sell.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
That's how important setting your target, so in order to see this movement you are already knew how to assess, being prepared will allow you
to reach your goal, and don't forget that greediness will hit you down, so in order to control set your target and if that already been hit then
move forward, whatever happen just be happy that you reach it and continue to follow that lead and enjoy your trading experiences.
Activity: 657
Merit: 102

sell some back your capital and some profit, the rest you keep HODL for long-term investment. That's what I always do to get a high profit
Pages:
Jump to: