Pages:
Author

Topic: If your coin increased 40% - 200% in value over night. What would you do? - page 56. (Read 36210 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 108
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

Thoughts? What would you do?
our goal of investment or trading is to make a profit. everyone has a profit target, but should be sold if it has achieved that much profit because of the increase in coin prices there are limits.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
dpends on what do you see on the coins you hold example like Neo I bought it under 3$ and i see a potential 100$ - 200$ so will just sell when it reach that target
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1019
Be A Digital Miner
When I buy some coin I clearly understand how many percent of the profit I want from it. I sell the coin after it reaches the price that I expect, when the trend line is broken. I will not be spellbound to watch its growth and hope that the price will go even higher. I'm not greedy)
Activity: 9
The market has high volatility that is why if i were you i would secure that profits or else it could be losses few hours from that gains,that is why we need to take it seriously whenever these gains has occured never let any chances to passed,take profits when you are satisfied because it could be losses all of the sudden.
Activity: 7
Secure of course if the coin doesnt have any good news or potentials because normally it is just a pump and dump coin that is why it is getting pumped by that big,so you need to secure your profits fast because anytime these people can dump its price after they have took their profits and it is suggested to always take profits whenever you have the chance or you could lose that opportunity.
Activity: 29
Pronbably the best thing to do is to secure your investment which is 100% of your gains so that if anything happen to the coin you wont be affected because you will not lose anything! be vigillant because these pump and dumps groups are going to suck up your money in just few hours or minutes if a certain coin has pumped and theres no existing fundamentals so you need to take your profits fast.
Activity: 350
SELL it and "happy" with girlfriend (if you have :3)
Activity: 130
Merit: 5
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

It doesn’t matter how much percentage you have already gain. Based on my personal trading plan; percentage of increase is just one criterion for selling your trade. I usually set 20% gain then I exit already. But if other indicator tells me that the trade will still go up then 20% ceiling will be override.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
If that ever happened again to me, I would not hold all the bag anymore and I would sell at least 50% of it because if it goes up that much, then I know it will come down again. My biggest mistake ever is that I never sold any of my coins at their ALL TIME HIGHS and now I am paying the price for a crappy priced down portfolio that soon at this rate will be worth nothing if the market continues to down trend. I am feeling really low right now and feel like dumping everything right now to buy back even lower lol.  Grin
Activity: 798
Merit: 17
2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022
always keep holding thats the best way. as per my example i keep holing eth in January it rose up to 15000$. personally i do not recommended the Day trading. if most experienced persons also lost.

as per your questions if it increased up to 200% , i sold it and encash then keep in the Bank book
Activity: 1036
Merit: 500
I have an opinion that is contrary to your opinion, in my opinion at this time is a time to hold because the market situation is unstable and decreasing sustainability. so to do trading we have to wait until the market returns to recover.
Well, no one here is taking about the crashing of the market and its volatility. I agree that one must HOLD his/her coins when the market is bearish and is experiencing crash, but that’s not the topic here if you read carefully.

He is asking about holding during the pumps which is surely unnecessary and you must dump the coins and take profit when you have the chance and then re-buy when the market gets into correction.
Activity: 254
Merit: 18
As thing are today, and increase of 50% would for sure make me sell at least the less strategic assets that I hodl. It is too much risk at this point and not that much left to gain.
Activity: 125
If such a miracle happens, sell and celebrate this event! I do not think that this price will last long and will grow! The next night, she may as rapidly fall.
Activity: 308
Merit: 100

Simple : sell everything because it's definitely  a pump and dump scheme
legendary
Activity: 968
Merit: 1000
einc.io

I always use TA to make such kind of decisions. Moreover you must set goals before you make an investment and be patient to achieve it Wink
Activity: 616
Merit: 103
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
If my coin increased 40% - 200% in value over night. What would i do? I will not panic to sell my altcoins automatically, i will still observe  if it is going to increase much higher than that and if not i will set it instantly. Most crypto traders are usually sell their altcoins if the price goes up tp 100% but mine is different. I have my own technique or way in trading cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1

If this coin had grown by as many percent, I would have sold it. Because I see no reason to keep it on, at any moment it may again fall in price.
Activity: 966
Merit: 250

not as simple as you say, in fact what you say is a delusion or a wish. yes, you should see the market stay red, so I think you should prepare your mentally and knowledge.
Activity: 448
Merit: 101
i really don't think daytrading is a good idea and generally prefer hodling, but i would try to take advantage of the unexpected situation and just sell. you never know when the coin might drop again so better act quick when possible.
True. Usually after such pumps, there is always a correction in the coin. So it’s better to sell when the others are buying and then later buy again when others are selling and the market is crashing. By doing so, you can increase your number of holdings and gain significant profit in the future when you convert it to fiat currency. No one knows exact entry point and exact exit point, so just grab the opportunity and secure the profit when you can.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
People invest in hot air, nothing more. This is especially noticeable when the project does not need coins for functioning, but these coins are sold during the ICO and their value is growing every day

with an increase of 30-50% already need to start selling these coins, lots. For 100% of the growth, I would have sold everything for today
Pages:
Jump to: