Pages:
Author

Topic: Illegal Migrant Crisis in Mediterraean - page 3. (Read 6586 times)

legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1506
Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee
June 19, 2015, 01:38:58 PM
Bulgaria also has spent millions of EU money to beef up its borders. I'm afraid that's the future. There are just way too many people who want to get in. Italian newspapers has shown pictures of migrants praying on the rocks, along the coast in Ventimiglia, and guess what, they're all muslims! Great! Thousands of poor unskilled muslims! I see why France doesn't want them.

Right now, France is home to some 7 million Muslims (probably the largest Muslim population in Europe), and recently they have suffered from Islamist terrorist attacks. So they might not be interested in exacerbating the problem. Bulgaria, on the other hand had given asylum status to 7,000 refugees in 2014, which is a very high number.

Yeah, thats why most of France football national team players are descendants of immigrant, like zidane, benzema, nasri, and pogba. I think France is one of european countries that become a friendly place to immigrants, provided they must have skills so it will be easier to them get work there.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
June 18, 2015, 10:32:16 PM
Bulgaria also has spent millions of EU money to beef up its borders. I'm afraid that's the future. There are just way too many people who want to get in. Italian newspapers has shown pictures of migrants praying on the rocks, along the coast in Ventimiglia, and guess what, they're all muslims! Great! Thousands of poor unskilled muslims! I see why France doesn't want them.

Right now, France is home to some 7 million Muslims (probably the largest Muslim population in Europe), and recently they have suffered from Islamist terrorist attacks. So they might not be interested in exacerbating the problem. Bulgaria, on the other hand had given asylum status to 7,000 refugees in 2014, which is a very high number.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
June 18, 2015, 07:25:38 PM
As I see the guys in Hungary going to build a new iron curtain (4 meter high fence) on the Serbian border for keeping them off the country. For some reason the EU and the UN complaining because of these "inhumane" plans.

Activity: 588
Merit: 501
June 18, 2015, 05:16:04 PM
Curoman, Countryfree,

I admire your idealism. What help are we talking about? I support development help, but isnt that exactly what northern hemisphere was doing in the past four decades (I am talking about subsaharan Africa, not middle East)? In the mean time local population had tripled or in some regions quadrupled, yet living standarts remained virtually the same.

Maybe the reason, why south Asia (which was much poorer after the WW2, than colonial Africa) is becoming worlds economic engine, while Africa just gets more miserable isnt about foreign help, think about it.

I'm not expecting the present situation to last long as this is raising popularity of the far right. Since elections are never far away in Italy, Renzi will have to act to keep moderate voters behind him.

Renzi, just did act "moderate". He annouced, that, if mandatory migrant quotas are not accepted by other countries, Italy will give free euro visa to everybody, who so far entered the country. Italian state will by this act alone, effectively legalize trans-med human trafficking and any sort of semblance of border control and security for its partners in Europe. No so long ago, this would be act of terrorism and reason for declaration of war.

I am for cancelling of Shengen and putting troops and militias on borders. As are 85% of my compatriots right now.

This isn't the only option, but with thousands arriving every month, and France blocking them at its border, Italy badly needs to do something. It just cannot afford to keep tens of thousands of migrants. There will hundred of thousands soon, something must be done.

Canceling shengen would be a huge set back to the EU economy and integration and that's not a solution, you are just adding an additional hurdle that can easily  by passed

Easily? What do you mean by "easily"?

Trust me, I'm more of a realist than an idealist, if you think that we've been helping these countries to get through all this time then trust me this in it self if idealism. What we give with hand we take ten folds with the other and since colonialism.

There is a huge difference between Africa and the countries you are thinking about in southern asia (Just a remind that not all of the countries are doing great just a couple of economical poles), the geopolitical situation since the end of WWII made it that these countries had a much better opportunity to flourish due to the massive help they've got to stop the spread of the communism doctrine , such as Japan, South Korean, Singapore, Taiwan (Macao, Hong Kong ... were literaly built by the UK). at the same time countries in Africa were still under colonism, and the ones that got their independance got it under huge political and economical benefits and had puppet leaders put in place and to make matter worse many neighboring countries were left with no borders delibiratly which to this day is the cause of wars ect ect....  and of course this doesn't mean there aren't other major problems I'm just mentioning the ones related to our countries in relation to the situation.

Like I said before the solution doesn't come overnight, but if we want to solve the situation maybe we should start by taking off the reasons .
legendary
June 18, 2015, 11:23:15 AM
To defense of Serbia, they have little reason to do anything. Last time, they said no to Albanians was, when they were bombed to stone age by NATO. Incidentally all those countries in the north now threatened by immigration are members of said NATO. Serbia is not rich enough to be of interest for them.

Hmm... so the Serbs are thinking that it is the right time that the EU gets a taste of its own medicine. The EU took away the historic Serbian homeland of Kosovo away from the Serbs, and they are making every attempt to create a Greater Albania, which encompasses Albania (proper), Kosovo, parts of Macedonia, Montenegro and the Presevo Valley in Serbia. The Serbs are right, in exporting these criminals to the EU.
Activity: 574
Merit: 506
June 18, 2015, 11:09:45 AM
As I see the guys in Hungary going to build a new iron curtain (4 meter high fence) on the Serbian border for keeping them off the country. For some reason the EU and the UN complaining because of these "inhumane" plans.

That is not surprising, as Serbia is not an European Union member (and not a part of the Schengen Zone). Every year some 30,000 to 40,000 Albanians (many of them members of the crime cartels) travel to Hungary from Kosovo, Albania and Macedonia to Hungary, via Serbia. Serbia is not doing anything to stop them, and this has forced the Magyars to build the fence.

To defense of Serbia, they have little reason to do anything. Last time, they said no to Albanians was, when they were bombed to stone age by NATO. Incidentally all those countries in the north now threatened by immigration are members of said NATO. Serbia is not rich enough to be of interest for them.
legendary
June 18, 2015, 08:07:46 AM

That is not surprising, as Serbia is not an European Union member (and not a part of the Schengen Zone). Every year some 30,000 to 40,000 Albanians (many of them members of the crime cartels) travel to Hungary from Kosovo, Albania and Macedonia to Hungary, via Serbia. Serbia is not doing anything to stop them, and this has forced the Magyars to build the fence.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
June 18, 2015, 08:04:08 AM
legendary
June 17, 2015, 11:19:27 PM
Cancelling Shenghen isn't the solution. What we should do is help those people living better in their home countries. I understand that the situation is tricky in Syria, but there are many African countries like Niger where much could be done to help the locals.

The best way to help them is to provide them with necessary help in family planning. Do you know that the birth rate is Niger is 7 times that of Germany (50 per 1,000 vs 7 per 1,000)? Unless these countries seriously make an attempt to slow down the population growth, no one can help them. Previous attempts on this front was thwarted by the Niger government, saying that family planning is against the Islamic culture.
June 17, 2015, 03:45:24 PM
Curoman, Countryfree,

I admire your idealism. What help are we talking about? I support development help, but isnt that exactly what northern hemisphere was doing in the past four decades (I am talking about subsaharan Africa, not middle East)? In the mean time local population had tripled or in some regions quadrupled, yet living standarts remained virtually the same.

Maybe the reason, why south Asia (which was much poorer after the WW2, than colonial Africa) is becoming worlds economic engine, while Africa just gets more miserable isnt about foreign help, think about it.

I'm not expecting the present situation to last long as this is raising popularity of the far right. Since elections are never far away in Italy, Renzi will have to act to keep moderate voters behind him.

Renzi, just did act "moderate". He annouced, that, if mandatory migrant quotas are not accepted by other countries, Italy will give free euro visa to everybody, who so far entered the country. Italian state will by this act alone, effectively legalize trans-med human trafficking and any sort of semblance of border control and security for its partners in Europe. No so long ago, this would be act of terrorism and reason for declaration of war.

I am for cancelling of Shengen and putting troops and militias on borders. As are 85% of my compatriots right now.

This isn't the only option, but with thousands arriving every month, and France blocking them at its border, Italy badly needs to do something. It just cannot afford to keep tens of thousands of migrants. There will hundred of thousands soon, something must be done.

Canceling shengen would be a huge set back to the EU economy and integration and that's not a solution, you are just adding an additional hurdle that can easily  by passed

Easily? What do you mean by "easily"?
legendary
June 17, 2015, 03:26:02 PM

Cancelling Shenghen isn't the solution. What we should do is help those people living better in their home countries. I understand that the situation is tricky in Syria, but there are many African countries like Niger where much could be done to help the locals.
Activity: 588
Merit: 501
June 17, 2015, 07:12:57 AM

legendary
June 17, 2015, 05:55:47 AM
Yes, we can and should pay north african regimes to build internment camps and transport them all there, until entire asylum process gets solved for every single individual. Those, that lied or broke the law to enter Europe will never be allowed to cross its borders ever again. Thats the only nonviolent option, that is left at this rate. Something similar, that Australia is doing.

Australia got the idea from Israel. During the 2005-10 period, Israel was getting flooded with Muslim immigrants from Sudan and Eritrea. Finally, they made a deal with Uganda. Israel gave a few hundred million USD worth of loans and grants to Uganda, and in return the Ugandans accepted most of the asylum seekers in Israel. No mainstream media source covered this event.
June 17, 2015, 01:18:30 AM

Yes, we can and should pay north african regimes to build internment camps and transport them all there, until entire asylum process gets solved for every single individual. Those, that lied or broke the law to enter Europe will never be allowed to cross its borders ever again. Thats the only nonviolent option, that is left at this rate. Something similar, that Australia is doing.
legendary
June 16, 2015, 10:51:56 PM

In the beginning, France was accepting these migrants from Italy. But then it became clear that for most of the migrants, countries such as France, Germany and the United Kingdom were preferred destinations, and they were using Italy just as a transit nation. Also, the Italian crime cartels, such as the 'Ndrangheta and Cosa Nostra are making billions of USD every year by smuggling migrants. The other nations did the right thing, by closing the borders.
legendary
June 16, 2015, 08:07:44 PM

June 16, 2015, 01:57:46 PM
Bryant,

I dont blame those young people trying to get nice life with no work, its in human nature and they were misled by media, who told them we will gladly take care of them all.

I do blame western "elites", who not only propagate these lies, support human trafficking, but also somehow keeps telling its own working class people, that they must share their belongings as they are collectively guilty of leading lives in their native, european countries. Not so long ago, members of these "elites" would be hanged for treason and crimes against humanity.

I am increasingly sure, that civil unrest is coming and blood will fill the streets. All it takes is one more year of this and return of economic crisis. Thats all it takes.
legendary
June 16, 2015, 01:01:21 PM
EDIT: Take east euro country like Slovakia for example. Pensioner, who worked for many decades, paid taxes and raised children (new tax payers) has now rent of 450 euro a month. Illegal, young, healthy migrant from Africa costs on the other hand 1500 (!) euro a month (because unlike pensioner, state provides him with "free" housing, meals, courses aswell as vacations, permanently if needed).
Ever since the European Union came in to existence, the pensioners have seen many of their rights and privileges being taken away or reduced. This has been happening even before the latest wave of austerity measures. I feel bad for them, as most of them have payed their taxes for many decades, only to provide the recent immigrants with free food and housing.
June 16, 2015, 11:55:10 AM

That will be disastrous. If Italy gives free visa to everyone who lands there, soon millions of third world citizens will flock to that country. Not only Italy, but every single EU member will get flooded by the Sub Saharan immigrants, including countries such as Poland, Lithuania, Estonia, and Latvia, which have no experience in dealing with them.

Exactly, Bryant. Vast majority of these migrants want to get a piece of northern european social welfare (nonexistent in south or east of EU), but, if they will be denied access there, they will move anywhere to wait it out and try again.

This could actually collapse entire european project, once citizens abidding by law realize, that they were sold out by elites.

EDIT: Take east euro country like Slovakia for example. Pensioner, who worked for many decades, paid taxes and raised children (new tax payers) has now rent of 450 euro a month. Illegal, young, healthy migrant from Africa costs on the other hand 1500 (!) euro a month (because unlike pensioner, state provides him with "free" housing, meals, courses aswell as vacations, permanently if needed).

Even disregarding security threats, danger of epidemics (as migrants are not properly screened anymore) and possibility of population replacement and destruction of indigenious culture. Even disregarding all that. European Union is blatantly breeching social contract with its citizens. Its basically pissing all over their heads.
legendary
June 16, 2015, 11:45:20 AM
There is obviously some frustration in Brussels with UK Prime Minister David Cameron's approach to this summit. An official from one of the Mediterranean EU countries briefing journalists in the summit press area told us that his country was "…not like the UK".

Mr Cameron, he said, came here with the position: "We will give boats, we will give planes…but in exchange he doesn't want to take in any migrants."

Cameron has made it clear that his country will not take any more Mediterranean immigrants. He came to power recently on a mildly anti-immigrant manifesto, compared to the pro-immigrant platform of the opposition Labor party. Also, you should remember that the United Kingdom is not part of the Schengen Area. The UK is one of the few EU members, having the power to "opt-out".
Pages:
Jump to: