Pages:
Author

Topic: I'm All In - Sold My House! - page 12. (Read 112525 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
February 18, 2016, 07:44:46 PM
I checked the price of the bitcoin at the time when OP posted this thread and the difference (or the profit at the moment) is 86k+ if OP still has the bitcoins.
Activity: 300
Merit: 250
February 18, 2016, 07:42:40 PM
You did a great thing for bitcoin, helping the coin become mainstream with this act of trust. Thank you mate.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077
February 18, 2016, 07:41:08 PM
I can only imagine he doesn't have a wife. If I told my wife I was going to sell our house for bitcoins she'd kill me!
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
February 18, 2016, 07:35:39 PM
Its crazy (if he only have this house, if he has more than one house provably he could afford a 200k dollars default). On some time his losing was near 50% . People needs to know that only has to invest what they can afford to loose. You can't sell your house because you think that bitcoin (the same cryptocoin or for any stock) will increase its price.
Activity: 476
February 18, 2016, 05:11:13 PM
That is pretty crazy but its of course your choice, you can now you a rich man with the bitcoins in your wallet.
I think its good that you sold it with the bitcoin, and you will make profit for sure in the future.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
February 18, 2016, 04:52:57 PM
It's been two years. i wonder if the one who posted this still holds those bitcoins? If he does, then he should wait a little longer. If he doesn't, then he probably sold at a price in which he lose most of the sale from his house.

He posted a status update in December 2015. Should still be fairly accurate!

Well, well, well... I am back for an update.

Originally (in Post #1) sold my house for approximately $400,000 Canadian, and got approximately 648 BTC in the transaction. BTC is currently at approximately $450 US each. This makes my investment worth $291,600 in U.S. Dollars. Now also note that the Canadian Dollar has tanked really hard in the last year and is now at a 12 year low, around .72c US. That makes my Bitcoin currently worth $405,000 Canadian!. I am currently up on my initial investment! I did weather the storm when it sat at $200 for a long time (and crapped my pants from time to time and did a lot of drinking), but now my time has come. For all those that laughed, we will see who is laughing in 2016!

HODL!

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year,

Tay More

Looks like he is still holding even when the value of the bitcoins dropped by more than 50% in that time. He got lucky with the value of the canadian dollar though, but as he has not sold it doesn't really matter.

It takes some balls to see 200k evaporate like that and stil stick with your plan. Hope it works out well for him.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
February 18, 2016, 04:10:47 PM
It's been two years. i wonder if the one who posted this still holds those bitcoins? If he does, then he should wait a little longer. If he doesn't, then he probably sold at a price in which he lose most of the sale from his house.
Activity: 406
February 18, 2016, 02:15:00 PM
oh, wow, that's very, very risky! good luck to you anyways, hope you won't loose everything
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!
February 14, 2016, 03:27:30 PM
good luck man, just maybe it's waaaay too risky? You can loose everything, that would be horrible

He might either lose everything, or make a fortune...
Time will tell, as no one knows the future of BTC...
But I am sure that the guy has a daring heart of Lion to take such a step...
Activity: 406
February 14, 2016, 01:47:33 PM
Good luck man, just it's so risky, never heard about anyone that did this for a chance to get more money later
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
February 14, 2016, 12:05:44 PM
good luck man, just maybe it's waaaay too risky? You can loose everything, that would be horrible
Activity: 431
January 29, 2016, 06:22:31 PM
Damn nice job OP! You got some huge balls... This is going to be an interesting year for bitcoin.  Cool Thx for keeping us updated  Grin

Two important things to happen this year. Block chain size increase to accommodate more transactions. Block reward will be halved.
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
January 28, 2016, 08:32:17 PM
Damn nice job OP! You got some huge balls... This is going to be an interesting year for bitcoin.  Cool Thx for keeping us updated  Grin
January 04, 2016, 07:01:44 AM
wow now thats an investment too bad that the price is a bit low right now though if it will keep on growing you will have some decent profit after a few years in my opinion

If the OP has somewhere to live and does not rely on the house selling proceeds to live, he has a good chance to earn a lot from his investment.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
December 20, 2015, 11:35:32 AM
wow now thats an investment too bad that the price is a bit low right now though if it will keep on growing you will have some decent profit after a few years in my opinion
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014
December 20, 2015, 11:29:04 AM

Originally (in Post #1) sold my house for approximately $400,000 Canadian, and got approximately 648 BTC in the transaction. BTC is currently at approximately $450 US each. This makes my investment worth $291,600 in U.S. Dollars. Now also note that the Canadian Dollar has tanked really hard in the last year and is now at a 12 year low, around .72c US. That makes my Bitcoin currently worth $405,000 Canadian!. I am currently up on my initial investment! I did weather the storm when it sat at $200 for a long time (and crapped my pants from time to time and did a lot of drinking), but now my time has come. For all those that laughed, we will see who is laughing in 2016!

HODL!

Tay More

I think your investment in bitcoins will be much higher in the next year also. It should be worth about $600,000 when the bitcoin is used more by the people.

Yes OP really showed that he had balls. And being able to go through this 2 years of bear phase makes it even more impressive.
You really need to have strong nerves of steel for that. But I guess he also aged 4x during this time.
However next year could be a awesome year for him.And then he absolutely deserves it imo.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018
December 20, 2015, 07:09:29 AM
You'll not regret! right on!

It would have to take about more than a hundred of analysis before I will decide to really sell my house in btc. But you definitely did your time, you stood up like a man.  Grin
The only I can afford to sell in btc is my computer accessories, currently I'm selling Uninterrupted power supply (UPS) on local forum for btc.

where do you currently stay now?
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
December 20, 2015, 06:50:42 AM

HODL!

Tay More

We sure gonna choke on our laughter.
Activity: 2562
Merit: 586
December 17, 2015, 11:36:47 AM
Sometimes it's great to read stories like that to get some perspective. Many of us just have 1 BTC and many even less and worry about it all the time even if we know selling it won't change anything in our lives. Perhaps in the future it might but not right now at the current value.

Yes, some stories are pushing myself to invest more into bitcoins. These kind of stories are actually boosting and encouraging many bitcoiners and helping this community to scale another peaks.
This speculation section really great to find mentality of this community and the future of bitcoin values.
December 17, 2015, 08:41:52 AM

HODL!

Tay More

I think your investment in bitcoins will be much higher in the next year also. It should be worth about $600,000 when the bitcoin is used more by the people.
Pages:
Jump to: