Pages:
Author

Topic: I'm All In - Sold My House! - page 16. (Read 112528 times)

Activity: 432
Merit: 250
July 20, 2015, 03:55:50 PM
It was a joke guys. Making fun of farting shot. Him and kwukduck crack me up. I only borrow money to buy houses, that's it, no exceptions.

But if people really are taking loans to buy bitcoin.....talk about gutsy!
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
Si vis pacem, para bellum
July 20, 2015, 03:06:43 PM
They have good low interest loans actually. I just took out a $25,000 loan at only 3% interest to buy bitcoins...

Well your rather silly move might win and it might lose, ask the OP if going all in is a wise idea  Huh Have to say though it seems you might have better odds that gaining a profit but who knows. One thing is for sure you should never get loans to buy Bitcoin, you can't afford it bitcoin then don't buy.

I smell a discrepancy in his "$25,000 dollar loan @ 3% interest" ....

Either he has an income and credit rating that is good enough to allow for a 25,000 dollar credit line ... if not then he is talking about a 25,000 dollar loan from a LOAN SHARK at 3% interest a day ...

side note: he needs to clarify his terms on the loan year... principal ... fix or apr etc ...

Why would anyone need to clarify anything to a window licker like you?

Ignore list sure is filling up  today lol
legendary
Activity: 1176
July 20, 2015, 12:36:12 PM
They have good low interest loans actually. I just took out a $25,000 loan at only 3% interest to buy bitcoins...

Well your rather silly move might win and it might lose, ask the OP if going all in is a wise idea  Huh Have to say though it seems you might have better odds that gaining a profit but who knows. One thing is for sure you should never get loans to buy Bitcoin, you can't afford it bitcoin then don't buy.

Either he has an income and credit rating that is good enough to allow for a 25,000 dollar credit line ... if not then he is talking about a 25,000 dollar loan from a LOAN SHARK at 3% interest a day ...

side note: he needs to clarify his terms on the loan year... principal ... fix or apr etc ...

There is a wide variation in income and wealth distribution across the forum.

side note: time for you to go into the ignore box!
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
July 20, 2015, 10:47:43 AM

Activity: 493
Merit: 500
July 20, 2015, 10:45:16 AM

Well your rather silly move might win and it might lose, ask the OP if going all in is a wise idea  Huh Have to say though it seems you might have better odds that gaining a profit but who knows. One thing is for sure you should never get loans to buy Bitcoin, you can't afford bitcoin then don't buy it lol

That is one harsh thing to "bump this thread" ... enjoying ones pain for your enjoyment.... He traded his house for 650ish bitcoins which is worth today at $178,000 USD .... which means he has lost more than $100,000+ Dollars since his "all in attempt" ...

hard reality to live by ...

Addition: After further calculation he has lost more than $200,000 dollars...

That is correct if the OP held until now, which I would doubt very much that he did. He could have learned to trade from it and is actually in profit but again my thoughts he got out with a 20k- 50k loss, not that bad after being all in.
Activity: 432
July 20, 2015, 10:40:31 AM
Activity: 318
Merit: 100
July 20, 2015, 08:16:14 AM
What a fool. He's worse than the other fool who took out a loan to buy bitcoins. Don't become like these fools who got suckered in by the bulltards who trolls on thie forum.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
July 20, 2015, 07:45:09 AM

That is one harsh thing to "bump this thread" ... enjoying ones pain for your enjoyment.... He traded his house for 650ish bitcoins which is worth today at $178,000 USD .... which means he has lost more than $100,000+ Dollars since his "all in attempt" ...

hard reality to live by ...

Addition: After further calculation he has lost more than $200,000 dollars...
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846
May 06, 2015, 06:19:00 AM
Is selling the house to buy bitcoin not a tad bit risky Shocked
I mean where will you live?
I don't own a house, but I still have a roof over my head. possibilities include
a) Renting a house
b) Move to my vacation home
c) RV
d) Move in with a friend
e) Move in with parents

IF the prices of homes are cheap in that state why not?

You can always sell a house and downgrade, but I wouldnt suggest it too everyone. I think most people would select option E) as a simple viable way, then go move back out not owning a house but probably a splitting rent in a apt or something.

I have friends who crash on different friends pads every night.

Worst case scenario, YMCA offers lodge and wifi for $5 a month.

No, worst case scenario is a cardboard box when it's raining or snowing. I assume he still has the bitcoins so he could always sell them to avoid the cardboard box.
Activity: 285
May 06, 2015, 05:21:10 AM
crazy insane on what you have done! but it awasome man , in 2014 bitcoin price is around $500 nice one .
i just want to know how is he now?
Activity: 826
May 06, 2015, 01:51:21 AM
I don't own a house, but I still have a roof over my head. possibilities include
a) Renting a house
c) RV
d) Move in with a friend
e) Move in with parents

IF the prices of homes are cheap in that state why not?

You can always sell a house and downgrade, but I wouldnt suggest it too everyone. I think most people would select option E) as a simple viable way, then go move back out not owning a house but probably a splitting rent in a apt or something.

I have friends who crash on different friends pads every night.

Worst case scenario, YMCA offers lodge and wifi for $5 a month.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1506
Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee
May 05, 2015, 11:02:16 PM

Risk reward would have been something special here if he sold when he first wanted to and it never took all that time to sell Sad He could have lived on the streets who cares when you holding are going threw the roof lol Worst case scenario he had less than he started but not nothing he could rent somewhere. You are right though very risky and a shame his timing ended up being terrible.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
May 05, 2015, 10:53:23 PM
At some point in time I might sell my house for coins too. More money, more bitcoins. Tongue

easier said than done. but your writing style indicates that you're not really serious. which is good. selling your house to invest is just stupid.
I agree but when one is anticipating a changing market in a new and disruptive area, perhaps mortgaging an asset to have extra fiat to invest is something to think about at least, even if you don't act on it.
legendary
Activity: 896
May 05, 2015, 08:04:36 PM
At some point in time I might sell my house for coins too. More money, more bitcoins. Tongue

easier said than done. but your writing style indicates that you're not really serious. which is good. selling your house to invest is just stupid.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
May 05, 2015, 07:57:05 PM
a) Renting a house
c) RV
d) Move in with a friend
e) Move in with parents
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
May 05, 2015, 07:52:07 PM
legendary
Activity: 1316
April 19, 2015, 01:14:30 PM
Wow, it's really brave but I'm not so gambler to sold my house. I sold my car for bitcoins 2 years ago before the bubble started so it was good decision Smiley
Activity: 854
Merit: 503
Legendary trader
April 19, 2015, 01:00:05 PM
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
bigtimespaghetti.com
April 19, 2015, 12:58:05 PM
You get it guys, continue dreaming of riches and some day you can tell your story of how magic internet money almost changed the world.

I think it changed some people's world to a greater or lesser degree, but the actual world? Too early to tell. The general public still see bitcoin as some weird internet fad, I hope that will change, but I'd much rather the public understand the true nature of the state, violence, it's effect on everyone's lives and the value of freedom from coercion in all aspects of life.
I don't plan my life on things that will never happen in my lifetime or things so unlikely that they might as well not happen though. I think many others should think hard about what bitcoin was, is and will likely be in the future.
Pages:
Jump to: