Pages:
Author

Topic: I'm giving 100% ROI away to anyone who thinks pirate is a fraud - page 17. (Read 102982 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Nice one mugu !

Will there be an article about this "prank" in the magazine ?

Fools and their money ... if somebody had 80K BTC they would be not handing it out here for free.

Matthew, how about asking somebody like organofcorti to calculate the wasted hours with which you trolled the community with this "bet" and could have done something productive with ?

I would be interested but make sure to include both your time and the bettors' time that was wasted ...
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
Your Argument is Irrelephant
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Activity: 518
Nice try. Time for a scammer tag.
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
Thanks to everyone who participated in this bet. It was a great social experiment for me to find out who my true friends were, and also to entertain the community (which is my true purpose on these forums and always will be). Unfortunately, it looks like I lost the bet. This means I'll need to pay out exactly as described in my original thread OP.

Many of the people betting were very careful to point out that others were ignorant and foolish to invest their money into Pirate without doing due diligence beforehand, so far as to call them shills, suckers, etc. This leads me to believe that the individuals betting in my bet are very wise with their money and would only bet if they carefully read and understood the rules of the bet. For this reason, I am confident that the very wise individuals betting in this thread will be satisfied with the very literal interpretation of my thread.

I will begin paying for my losses as outlined in the following rule:

If I lose the bet, you get 20BTC sent to that address (13dSK4663Ts7j2PwHS1eUVjycKLBwx7PJM). If you lose, you'll need to send 20BTC to my address.

I'll begin processing the payouts for each of the 112 betters in this spreadsheet immediately: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ajtx05YrHtIydFVHcGxLOExTbnhqajJLZmlSZUNtM3c&pli=1#gid=0

Please make sure to following along for your own record keeping purposes. I will update this thread with each payment as well. Thanks again!
Thank you everyone for showing a huge amount of integrity to bet for your beliefs instead of just arguing, defaming, accusing, aggravating, etc. Many of you truly believe Pirate is a ponzi, many of you are simply utilizing my offer for hedging, and still others are simply happy to take a 50/50 chance bet on anything. Regardless, we are at the 10,000BTC mark and thus I am locking the thread so that no more bets can be received here.

I still believe there is a very high chance that Pirate is just doing a business which we don't understand, and my sinking gut, although questioning his lack of professionalism, lateness, etc, reminds me that no one is perfect and it may all just be a series of bad coincidences. I hope I am right and that I am able to prove to the community once and for all that what we don't understand is not always a scam. If I happen to be wrong, I'm happy to have enjoyed this entertaining time with everyone, and I've actually made quite a lot of new friends (as you can imagine).

The original OP states that the bet ends 3 weeks after August 19, 2012, 04:49:20 PM, so that means it ends on September 9th, 2012, 04:49:20 PM KST (Korean Standard Time, local to me). I think I had mentioned a slightly longer deadline elsewhere on IRC out of confusion (September 12th perhaps?), but this is incorrect as you can clearly see. The bet will also end if Pirate has provided proof of paying back all (not 99.9%) of his obligated debts and interests per agreements, whichever comes first.

Good luck to everyone and thank you for participating in this monumental lesson for all of us.

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1152
I'll take the remaining 5BTC and change; sure you wanna get out of here.

Total bet of 30BTC

3CK4fEwbMP7heJarmU4eqA3sMbVJyEnU3V

Declined. Thank you so much for the gesture but the following individual had posted on IRC and I agreed just moments before. Sorry!

1Ht7dWv3Hyp6NZaYM7arbis2rCDpBBhwET

Accepted (previously discussed on IRC)

No worries, get outta here!

Total bet of 30BTC

Declined. Thank you so much for the gesture but the following individual had posted on IRC and I agreed just moments before. Sorry!

Accepted (previously discussed on IRC)
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
lets end this
legendary

Total bet of 30BTC

I can risk another 45.

increase from 250 to

1EzdZBu6DJUqScXFbRYbTXPqTcXNAUKAxc

Cheers.  Good luck to all of us.

Accepted.
Activity: 672
Merit: 258
https://cryptassist.io
I can risk another 45.

increase from 250 to

1EzdZBu6DJUqScXFbRYbTXPqTcXNAUKAxc

Cheers.  Good luck to all of us.
25BTC
Get you a little closer to leaving.

Accepted (lol)
legendary
25BTC
Get you a little closer to leaving.
I need to leave in 1 hour. I hope someone comes by with the last bet or increase of their bet for 70.7388554300014 BTC exactly so we can end this as I wil need to drive down south to pick up my girlfriend and I may take the entire day to get back.  Undecided
1000BTC
17MNJtKX4m6JSP4EgGYJzzXfVfNgrhXZN6
As discussed with Matthew by pm.

Accepted.
Activity: 412
Merit: 250
1000BTC
17MNJtKX4m6JSP4EgGYJzzXfVfNgrhXZN6
As discussed with Matthew by pm.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
Bump me up to 200 BTC.
No comment.
Activity: 616
Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer
can you link to the terms pirate laid out for repayment? I'm unable to locate it on my own.
Pages:
Jump to: