Pages:
Author

Topic: I'm giving 100% ROI away to anyone who thinks pirate is a fraud - page 43. (Read 102982 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001
-
However, Vladimir and many others like to use the "If it walks like a duck" line. I walk like a duck. Quack. I'm definitely not a duck though.

LOL. You definitely do not look like a duck, you look like a horse. But I must admit, you do make lame duck arguments.

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
We are bees, and we hate you.
What's the cutoff?

Up until the bet ends.

do you have any problems keeping balance considering the weight of your steel balls?

I believe the correct phrase is "Balls of Steel".

Steel is remarkably light. I think the appropriate term here would be Brass Balls. Or maybe marbles, as they might be shattered in 2.85 weeks time.
Bismuth Balls would throw one's balance off pretty well. That shit is what I'd call heavy.
It also shatters if you throw it against the floor hard enough. Don't get thrown against the floor, Matthew.
legendary
Activity: 1014
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Pirate allready defaulted. He did not pay Bitlane.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012
Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.
The real Matthew is going to be livid when he returns from his travels and discovers that his forum account has been hacked Smiley
If you're serious, I can confirm that this thread is in fact being posted by the real Matthew. He may, however, be off his meds.
donator
Activity: 826
Merit: 1060
The real Matthew is going to be livid when he returns from his travels and discovers that his forum account has been hacked Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1152
5BTC
3CK4fEwbMP7heJarmU4eqA3sMbVJyEnU3V
Bitcoin is a great way to transfer value, but this investment stuff is getting out of hand.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
What's the cutoff?

Up until the bet ends.

do you have any problems keeping balance considering the weight of your steel balls?

Steel is remarkably light. I think the appropriate term here would be Brass Balls. Or maybe marbles, as they might be shattered in 2.85 weeks time.

The Duke begs to disagree.
donator
Activity: 980
What's the cutoff?

Up until the bet ends.

donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
What's the cutoff?

Up until the bet ends.

legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
What's the cutoff?

Up until the bet ends.

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
100 BTC
1ADEPf7M8NifTU6x9eHEDWvNHrJNT5urnj
rating != trust

Accepted!
legendary
Activity: 826
rippleFanatic
I'll take this bet, even though I find the conditions uncomfortably vague and fuzzy (the most reliable list of outstanding payments is a rumored hashed accounting record possessed by neofutur). If in three weeks you believe you won on foggy, unsubstantiated claims (e.g. by my standards, the blockchain must be used to discount a pirate sockpuppet conspiracy. you might have different standards), I want a magazine subscription for three years.  Tongue

100 BTC
1ADEPf7M8NifTU6x9eHEDWvNHrJNT5urnj
rating != trust
legendary
Activity: 1316
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Matthew -- if this is going to ruin you financially...I don't want to take your money...if not, I'll buy Bitcoin Magazine with the winnings.

1)  I love Bitcoin Magazine.  I don't even care that my 1st issue took a month - it was amazing - loved the Satoshi origins article. 

2)  I do not know Matthew very well but it seems like this 1 will hurt no matter what business he is in - I do not feel great about getting what I consider a free 100 BTC from a guy who seems to be generally working for good, but is just dead wrong here.

3)  Matt without knowing you very well but hoping to get to know you I advise you stop accepting new bets for a few reasons.  First off, they are all going to cost you money and I just watched some youtube video of the bitcoin show and the host had a mighty somber face when that first bitcoin e-wallet rolled everyone for the coins.  I don't want the future issues of Bitcoin magazine taking that same sad tone.  A second reason you should close betting is because as a function of time your side gets worse and a potential bettor's side keeps getting better.  Clearly you won't accept bets 2.7 weeks in with no payment?  that would just be giving ppl BTC.  Cut of off now IMO, stop the bleeding. 

When a guy owes a milly on a monday and all he has to say is this:

[2012-08-20 18:07:26] Today is the start of a busy week guys, i'd love to answer all the 200 pm's but can't.  I'm around and you'll know when things start to move.
[2012-08-20 18:07:30] pirate out

I'm pretty sure it's time to cut off bets and minimize the loss.  I'm sure one of the Bitcoin Magazine guys are going to PM you after this.  Listen to them IMO.

Maybe he knows something you dont ........   Grin
Activity: 378
LOL fail.  TY again sir.
i just realized i should have given you my address. i thought i was suppose to put the address you gave in your OP. my address is below.    Grin

19P4ochF31h78qnK5yxAFn33hiTSgmMQ8L

LOL. I almost sent bitcoins to myself there!
Activity: 378
i just realized i should have given you my address. i thought i was suppose to put the address you gave in your OP. my address is below.    Grin

19P4ochF31h78qnK5yxAFn33hiTSgmMQ8L
I like the cut o yer gib Sir  Smiley
100 BTC on a default
1HMNpyKHTeeneTkjvAzM2j6zYY8kY9VZPr

were all going to hell on a pirate ship anyway  Grin ;

Indeed! Agreed!
legendary
Activity: 1316