Pages:
Author

Topic: I'm giving 100% ROI away to anyone who thinks pirate is a fraud - page 46. (Read 102982 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
RoloPolo is in major damage control mode today rageposting about making bets

Have you gotten your money back from Pirate yet?

Have you made your bet yet?   I'm guessing that's probably a no hey.

Not enough forum cred. Plus the bet is not well-defined enough to risk being labeled a scammer over a potential disagreement (although I think the outcome is going to be quite clear).

As far as being a coward, I believe it is very profitable to be one--especially at times when others are being greedy.

Fair enough.   To clarify your previous post. I'm not in "damage control" as you put it (my money is tied up either way, nothing I can do will change that, its all on pirate now), what I am doing however is not letting these people, who have been very, very, very persistant, in your face, and adamant about this being a scam get away with just slinking off into the background now that they have the power to prove the courage of their convictions.

If they come through and make bets to back up what they've been saying, then good for them, a sliver of respect is earned.   If not, well then they've shown their true colours to the forum, and I get some satisfaction from that.

Plus, I'm swaying more towards pirate most likely coming through, so if these guys lose some money then I consider that a tax for being trolls the past few months.

If he doesnt come through, you're most welcome to point and laugh at me.  However you'll do so while I'm on my pirate funded 2 week holiday in the sun, playing my new Les Paul Supreme.  I'll survive Wink
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
nanotube will hold in his possession a data set containing hashed usernames and withdrawal addresses of all BTCST account holders, and will be supplied any differences in such table at regular intervals, in case of account closures or creations. A user making a claim must submit to nanotube his BTCST account username, and registered BTCST withdrawal address, as well as any supporting documentation as to the payments that were due but failed to be disbursed.

Just curious, has this been done?  It will be useful it some payouts start coming in.
Activity: 714
Merit: 504
^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

10,000 out of a possible 100,000?  Yes.   Especially considering how sure half the forum was.  Obviously not that sure afterall.

Honestly, I just feel bad for Matthew  Grin
I'm jealous of Matthew :x
I'm going to wait till at least day 20 before i bet

me too Smiley

If Pirate defaults tomorrow, you will have missed your chance to bet.
There is unfortunately no way this bet can be resolved until he either pays back or 3 weeks pass.  If he "defaults" tomorrow, he still could technically gamble up or borrow some coins to pay back with in the next few weeks.  He loses the Vandroiy bet after 2 weeks IIRC.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

10,000 out of a possible 100,000?  Yes.   Especially considering how sure half the forum was.  Obviously not that sure afterall.

Honestly, I just feel bad for Matthew  Grin
Activity: 451

Have you made your bet yet?   I'm guessing that's probably a no hey.

Not enough forum cred. Plus the bet is not well-defined enough to risk being labeled a scammer over a potential disagreement (although I think the outcome is going to be quite clear).

As far as being a coward, I believe it is very profitable to be one--especially at times when others are being greedy.
legendary

me too Smiley

If Pirate defaults tomorrow, you will have missed your chance to bet.
Still an unsurprising lack of bets from the big mouth crowd.    Well, at least we know they're just kids with no backbone for when they start up their next vigilante campaign.  Bunch of cowards Smiley

$10,000 USD saying it's a Ponzi is a "lack of bets?" O.o

me too Smiley
It will be obvious by then what the result is, and MNW said he can stop accepting bets at any time.

Still an unsurprising lack of bets from the big mouth crowd.    Well, at least we know they're just kids with no backbone for when they start up their next vigilante campaign.  Bunch of cowards Smiley

+5000BTC from Vandroiy
legendary
Still an unsurprising lack of bets from the big mouth crowd.    Well, at least we know they're just kids with no backbone for when they start up their next vigilante campaign.  Bunch of cowards Smiley

BTW, if you look at my prior post, you'll notice that I generally defend those who are unjustly accused, try to play devil's advocate, and don't jump to conclusions just because the majority says someone is in the wrong. I still say this is likely a ponzi or a scam. High returns like these are possible once or twice, not on a constant basis.
I've placed a bet, Micon's placed a bet, Maged has placed a bet.
Really you just mean Vladimir, since I can't see anyone else who's been notably vocal over the BS&T matter who hasn't placed a bet.

Oh by the way, how are those repayments going?  Wink

There's still hgmdjdjcbeje Smiley

I'll be quiet when the whole posse has put up or shut up.

Have you made your bet yet?   I'm guessing that's probably a no hey.
Activity: 336
Still an unsurprising lack of bets from the big mouth crowd.    Well, at least we know they're just kids with no backbone for when they start up their next vigilante campaign.  Bunch of cowards Smiley
I've placed a bet, Micon's placed a bet, Maged has placed a bet.
Really you just mean Vladimir, since I can't see anyone else who's been notably vocal over the BS&T matter who hasn't placed a bet.

Oh by the way, how are those repayments going?  Wink
Activity: 451

Also, how cute is smoothie Cheesy.  Jumping on the bandwagon as be wanted to be like the cool kids but doesnt even understand what a ponzi is!   Haha
Activity: 1596
Merit: 566
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
lol.

So Matthew who is your backer for the 10k btc?  I hope you got the coins up front..  Whats your cut? 10%?
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
Can I add 10 BTC, up my free money to 100 BTC? Smiley

Accepted.

In that case:

Code:
100 BTC
1B2ChfKWKDvEzhaxQBE1hVaw8a7c93qTkC
Never trust a pirate.

Increased wager confirmed.
legendary
Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006
Can I add 10 BTC, up my free money to 100 BTC? Smiley

Accepted.

In that case:

Code:
100 BTC
1B2ChfKWKDvEzhaxQBE1hVaw8a7c93qTkC
Never trust a pirate.
donator
Activity: 980
Not really, since all legitimate banks have that exact same problem too (only mitigated by FDIC). The high interest rate is a sign it's a Ponzi. Either a Ponzi, or a RIDICULOUSLY highly leveraged bet.

Are those the ONLY two things it can be?  Roll Eyes

It can also be one of the most profitable endeavors at such scale in modern times. I can't say I've ever seen returns that high. I guess they were even better in discovery times when new trade routes were opened, or when a new and rich mine is discovered until it's swarmed down to normal profitability.

Interestingly the source of these riches remains undisclosed.
Pages:
Jump to: