Pages:
Author

Topic: IN STOCK - OneStringMiner boards, up to 39GH/s last ITEMS: from US$15...FUN!!! - page 14. (Read 38740 times)

legendary
Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000
Minepeon 0.2.4.5, switched to cgminer and results are much better. Only 2 HW errors so far (0,05%) and hashrate ~30GH/s on pool and minepeon.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
Package recived. First result are bad, unfortunatelly. Lots of hardware errors. I'm running minepeon on rPi. Peon shows 220MH/s 65% HW errors. Pool shows ~10GH. Voltage 11.8V.
Increase the voltage to 12V and see if it improves.
It's very strange that peon shows a lower GH/s than the pool, most of the time it's the other way around. And difference like this is extreme and likely something is wrong on the software side.
Which version of minepeon are you using ? (I am using 0.2.4.4)
Did you overclock the Raspberry ? (I didn't).
Are you using bfgminer ?
legendary
Package recived. First result are bad, unfortunatelly. Lots of hardware errors. I'm running minepeon on rPi. Peon shows 220MH/s 65% HW errors. Pool shows ~10GH. Voltage 11.8V. How to edit conf file? I need to connect monitor and keyboard? Or can I put SD card to reader and edit on computer?
Starting immediately, these are the new lower prices:

Product   #boards   GH/s   outside EU price in $   price including VAT inside EU   price excluding VAT for business owners
OSM Elite   14   420+   $3125   €2724   €2251
OSM DIY0   1   25+   $244   €213   €176
2x OSM DIY0   2   50+   $429($59 advantage)   €375(€52 advantage)   €310(€42 advantage)
3x OSM DIY0   3   75+   $614($118 advantage)   €536(€101 advantage)   €443(€85 advantage)
OSM DIY1   1   30+   $256   €224   €185
OSM DIY2   2   60+   $465   €406   €336

We lowered the prices(~12%) due to the coming difficulty change, a modest one Smiley
All orders of yesterday also got these lower prices.
We didn't think of the lower shipping cost when shipping more than one, and also less additional items are needed, so we added the price for 2 and 3 DIY0 sets to our pricelist, and calculated the advantage for you when ordering more than one at the same time.
A similar advantage applies to the DIY1 and DIY2 sets. But given the limited available for now, we kept those prices off the list.

All prices include shipping worldwide.

Note:
Only 14 DIY1 and 15 DIY2 heat sinks left.
We expect the next batch of heat sinks in two weeks.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
I got two DIY1 kits...
And set them up...

What I can see is that cgminer must be recompiled with --bitfury-enabled option? What parameters cgminer needs? Besides url and user of course? Can you paste yours "bat file" ?
I am running them with minepeon on a Raspberry.

cgminer -o POOL -u USER -p PWD is what i use.
POOL, USER and PWD needs to be replaced.

There are compiled cgminers available, but if you want to compile yourself it's doable.
Your "bat" question makes me think you want to compile on Windows. Do a search on Google and you'll find more info.
Likewise for other operating systems.
legendary
What I can see is that cgminer must be recompiled with --bitfury-enabled option? What parameters cgminer needs? Besides url and user of course? Can you paste yours "bat file" ?
I can see by tracking number that package will arrive today. What software preparation do I need to do, to be ready for mining?
You need a Raspberry running Minepeon or standard Raspberry running cgminer,
or a PC running Ubuntu/Windows and cgminer,
or a Mac running Mac OSX and cgminer.

Windows will need the Zadig driver. A trustworthy location to download it from is: http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/zadig/

The OneStringMiner board does not run full capacity with bfgminer, I still have to figure out why, but lack of time ....

You will not need the power cable or the serial interconnect cable with only one board.
They are included just in case you'll want to run more boards in the future Smiley

And maybe one day even grow to this:

Enjoy setting it up !
legendary
I can see by tracking number that package will arrive today. What software preparation do I need to do, to be ready for mining?
All orders have been shipped, and buyers have received the tracking information.
Gents, if you email your orders to [email protected] Smiley please fill in at least the bold items below:
Name:
Address:
Zipcode:
City:
Phone number:

To apply for 0% VAT, specify your VAT number:
Your order reference:
#DIY1:
#DIY2:
#White Elites:
#Black Elites:

In case we’re not able to start shipment on March 31st, you can ask for a refund. For this, please specify your BTC address:(since we're already shipping, this question is obsolete)
Your bank name:
Your bank account number:
Your IBAN:
Your BIC:
You got me thinking here. It would seem your primary advantage over an Antminer is power consumption (6 boards x 32W each = 192W, compared to an Antimer's 350W+ for the same GH/s).  The trade-off is a much higher up-front price (1.085 BTC for an Antminer as of this writing, versus about 2.4 BTC for the same hashrate worth of DIY's, depending on the current BTC exchange rate).

How would an Elite compare in noise factor versus two Antminers? I have one at home, and the noise level is pretty high. I don't think I could add a second one without getting kicked out of the house, Antminers and all!  If the Elite is substantially quieter, that might be a selling point for you - though honestly, I don't know if it makes up for the up-front price premium.
Thanks for your interest in the Elite. In the coming days I will make a video of a running Elite in a quiet room (if I can find one Wink ). I will post a link here.
Activity: 295
Merit: 250
You got me thinking here. It would seem your primary advantage over an Antminer is power consumption (6 boards x 32W each = 192W, compared to an Antimer's 350W+ for the same GH/s).  The trade-off is a much higher up-front price (1.085 BTC for an Antminer as of this writing, versus about 2.4 BTC for the same hashrate worth of DIY's, depending on the current BTC exchange rate).

How would an Elite compare in noise factor versus two Antminers? I have one at home, and the noise level is pretty high. I don't think I could add a second one without getting kicked out of the house, Antminers and all!  If the Elite is substantially quieter, that might be a selling point for you - though honestly, I don't know if it makes up for the up-front price premium.
Yup, I edited my post a few seconds after posting to note that the Elite includes more goodies.  Looks like you beat me though! Smiley
Random note - based on your pricing model, it's better to buy 7 x DIY2 for $3511 after discount, rather 1 x Elite ($3551).

Based on your demo, can we reasonably assume each board takes under 32W (without overclocking)?
The Elite comes in a nice black or white case (Coolermaster Elite) and is plug and play.
The DIY2 is as the name says, is do it yourself, so you need to add Raspberry, power supply, ...
(I do understand what you are saying, so I will have another look at the price of the Elite)

Your assumption is correct, 32W or below.
Random note - based on your pricing model, it's better to buy 7 x DIY2 for $3511 after discount, rather 1 x Elite ($3551) (though you do get more goodies with the Elite).

Based on your demo, can we reasonably assume each board takes under 32W (without overclocking)?
A few changes we made to the packages:
All DIY sets now contains tire wraps to fix the fan to the miner setup.
The DIY2 now contains two 10cm fans instead of one 18cm fan. The small fans performs much better. Temperatures below 45 degrees Celsius and 31,5GH/s per board(with heat sink).

We're making progress on the serial interconnect setup, but we're not there yet.
Still, every order shipped contains the serial interconnect cable.
Once we have finished the firmware with the serial interconnect, a manual will be available how to reprogram the boards.

Below a picture of a DIY0 tower setup with a Seasonic S12II-Bronze 520W feeding 16 boards.
On top of the tower you can see the Raspberry Pi, running minepeon.
Not visible is a D-link HUB7, feeding the raspberry and a 13 port cheap hub to connect USB to the individual boards. (3 boards are connected to the D-link).
Cgminer shows 414GH/s, an average of 25,9GH/s (obviously without heat sink) and temperatures below 60 degrees Celsius.

And last but not least, our first buyer in Asia has just received his package Smiley

If the red led is on, a share was found....
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
I hate to be a pain but Cool

http://technobit.eu/index.php?id_product=62&controller=product&id_lang=1

130GH/s @ 499 Euros
+ shipping so say 550 euros

Yours

120 GH/S @ 922 Euros

So I like the fact you have looked at the prices but still to high.

I would pay a premium for in stock items but not an almost 400 Euro primium.

Sorry
No problem.
I think there are more things to consider besides the price.
And no, I am not going into details.
One can figure that out themselves.
well
cheers Ben
Smiley

Seriously
Congrats for  the great project

Martin
Pages:
Jump to: