Pages:
Author

Topic: IN STOCK - OneStringMiner boards, up to 39GH/s last ITEMS: from US$15...FUN!!! - page 10. (Read 38740 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
http://www.coolermaster.com/powersupply/b-series/b500/

it has in two 12v rails 24A and 21A for each rails. I think is good and a cheap psu for the board
In my humble opinion, a single rail 12V is better because you don't have to worry about spreading the load over multiple rails.
But buying a power supply is like a religion to some...
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
CCNA: There i fixed the internet.
Haas anyone had these running properly on BFGMiner yet?  I can get it to run at half speed. 
I was going to test on both CGMiner and BFGMiner.
If anyone has any info please let me know.
Thanks

ive been trying to figure out why. :< no luck so far. luke may be getting a dev unit. @Benturas, care to confirm or deny?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
Haas anyone had these running properly on BFGMiner yet?  I can get it to run at half speed. 
I was going to test on both CGMiner and BFGMiner.
If anyone has any info please let me know.
Thanks
Activity: 440
Merit: 250
Placed an order over the weekend and FEDEX delivered today.  Thanks Ben. 
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142
Ιntergalactic Conciliator
Unfortunately my old psu is off. It has problem and i though i can make it work but i cant. For that i must buy a new one. I see that each board needs 25w to work. What is your opinion to choose a cheap 550-600w psu or a good 400-500w. I think in the next months to buy more boards. Thank you for any advice
How many boards?

A decent quality 4-500w psu should be good. Just make sure and double check how much of that wattage is 12V rails

Ex I've got a thermaltake TR2 430W 12V1 is 17amps and 12V2 is 18A

But what it didn't say on the box was that 12V2 was and eps 4+4 connector. So I had to go on the inter webs and find an eps8 to pcie 6+2 adapter.

In all I've got right around 160gh in hardware + all USB hubs and controllers running off of 430W. No idea how much head room I have for expansion.

See setup: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--7216

thx for the answer Smiley. I am thinking to buy this.

http://www.coolermaster.com/powersupply/b-series/b500/

it has in two 12v rails 24A and 21A for each rails. I think is good and a cheap psu for the board
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
Luke and Nwools are great at getting support for new equipment into BFG and MultiMiner fast once they have equipment to work with.
Just wanted to add that. 

Are you planning to send a sample unit to developers?
I'll get back to you about this.

I'll get back to you about this.
DIY1 are out of stock now.
DIY0 in stock.
Only a few diy2 at the moment.
Elite is out of stock too.
Anybody run Cgminer from windows? I might have to for a few days until i get another PI.

cgminer 3.12.3 should work (it worked for me when doing some testing on windows 7)

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109
Anybody run Cgminer from windows? I might have to for a few days until i get another PI.

cgminer 3.12.3 should work (it worked for me when doing some testing on windows 7)
legendary
Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109
Unfortunately my old psu is off. It has problem and i though i can make it work but i cant. For that i must buy a new one. I see that each board needs 25w to work. What is your opinion to choose a cheap 550-600w psu or a good 400-500w. I think in the next months to buy more boards. Thank you for any advice

Don't buy a BeQuiet Pure Power L8 600W. It only supplies 11.5V on the PCI-E connectors. It's realy weird but I measured it with a Fluke Voltmeter 11.5V is the max. Then I took a SeaSonice S12G and this PSU works just fine at 12 V.

I think you should best use am adjustable PSU. For example one like Intron suggested: http://www.ebay.com/itm/30-Amp-12-Volt-DC-13-8V-Regulated-Power-Supply-for-Ham-Radio-CB-US-SELLER-/360874766820

On these type of PSU you canadjsut the output voltage, sometimes even up to 13.5V or higher.

I use this one http://dx.com/p/12v-10a-iron-case-power-supply-silver-ac-110-220v-124302 on 4 boards @ 13.1V and it works just fine. They hash at 33 to 35GHs with thermalpasta+heatsink+fan(s). Take notice that if you overclock/volt them warranty voids.

How many boards?

A decent quality 4-500w psu should be good. Just make sure and double check how much of that wattage is 12V rails

Ex I've got a thermaltake TR2 430W 12V1 is 17amps and 12V2 is 18A

But what it didn't say on the box was that 12V2 was and eps 4+4 connector. So I had to go on the inter webs and find an eps8 to pcie 6+2 adapter.

In all I've got right around 160gh in hardware + all USB hubs and controllers running off of 430W. No idea how much head room I have for expansion.

See setup: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--7216
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142
Ιntergalactic Conciliator
Luke, I'd like to take this chance to publicly apologize about the somewhat rude criticisms i posted. i did not do my due diligence in ensuring that what i was posting was truth before doing so.

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
it is plainly clear that the firmware shipped on the OSM boards is hard coded with a response the version command. if this is so and you have access to the source it would need modified to 15. if not could you request cscape recompile a fw specifically for the OSM boards with this modification.

Following this post, i will be trying to hack together a modification to bfgminer's Bifury driver to see if this fixes the poor performance.

the issue lies in the way bfgminer uses the FW response to VERSION to allocate and setup the queue. since it replies only 2 chip in the response the other 12 are left hungry as f*** and any values they find arent being logged since as far as BFG knows they dont exist
BFGMiner uses the chip count only to determine how many chips will be returning submits, not to determine how much work is needed.
Although earlier Bi*fury firmwares were buggy, for which BFGMiner's driver has code to workaround until it receives the first needwork message, but I don't see how that could affect this.

I'll be quite honest bfgminers BiFury driver needs a lot of work. Just from looking it seems that on every poll it tells the device to flush, set target, and set maxroll. No idea how much workload that is on the PIC but I'm sure several times a second can't be light.
No, it only sends these once on initialisation (device open)...
Flushing occurs when there is a work update too.

Also, a low maxroll value is also bad for performance. For instance, with maxroll = 0, a single OSM board needs about 11-12 work items per second to keep busy. And if the boards are chained through the serial link, they could require nearly 200 work items per second. That's a lot. Setting maxroll to 60, only requires 1/60th of the workload, so about 1 work item every 5 seconds for a board.
There is definitely room to improve this, but it wasn't necessary for bi*fury and incompatible with getwork pools.

In addition, it is good to send the pool difficulty to the board using 'target' command, to avoid unnecessary traffic going the other way.
BFGMiner uses diff 1 nonces to provide more reliable statistics.
Perhaps this can be made configurable if there's a need.

As for why it's performing worse, I'd be happy to look into it.
Activity: 251
And one open to the floor but directed at Ben and cscape: is it ok to run these long term at 70-75C?

The higher the temperature, the quicker the chips will wear out, but I don't have hard figures about the expected lifetime at different temperatures. (I don't know that anybody has ever done a thorough characterization) However, considering that the reward of mining goes down as the difficulty rises, I would expect the optimal to be closer to 70-75 than to 50-55. But that's just a WAG.
Absolutely loving my 2 DIY0 each running at 28 Ghash. And nary a whisper is louder than the fans I'm using

2 questions for you Ben. Any update on the Version command error I pointed out.

And one open to the floor but directed at Ben and cscape: is it ok to run these long term at 70-75C?
You know what I love? Paying on Tuesday, and having my OSM units in hand and hashing on Friday, all the way from across the ocean.

You know what else I love? Lots of parts included! Cords, screws, spacers, fans all included, so I don't have to hunt all over for some little thing.

And they're tiny, and as silent as you want them to be.

And, oh yeah, all in the neighborhood of ~1W/GH/s. I will run these forever. Thanks again!

+1 Ben has it dialed in. This is good for the community.
Thank you for the compliment Smiley
Just sent an email to [email protected] to order 4 boards.  This is the correct email to order?
Yes, we've received your order, thank you Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: